• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers to interview Erstad?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he has any desire to coach in the MLB. Money isn't going to be an issue...we're only paying him like $160k or something like that, because he didn't want any more.

It all depends on what his goals are en sech.

Winning a MLB World Series trumps winning a College World Series by miles and miles. But then again, his passion might be College Baseball. We shall see.

Of course, he would first have to beat out any other candidates for the job and all.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what his goals are en sech.

Winning a MLB World Series trumps winning a College World Series by miles and miles. But then again, his passion might be College Baseball. We shall see.

Of course, he would first have to beat out any other candidates for the job and all.
I was under the impression that he wanted to get back to Lincoln, and just decided he may as well coach. If getting to the MLB was his goal, college baseball isn't exactly the most logical route. Would have been better to get a job as an assistant or something in the majors.

And yes, interviewing is a long ways away from actually getting the job.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps he might be interested, but would his wife want his kids to grow up in tinsel town, and does she want him gone from home that much more? If DE wants more money, he can get it easily in Lincoln. Heard recently the wife of a current pro football player from UNL isn't happy about not being here and it has a bearing on the marriage.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps he might be interested, but would his wife want his kids to grow up in tinsel town, and does she want him gone from home that much more? If DE wants more money, he can get it easily in Lincoln. Heard recently the wife of a current pro football player from UNL isn't happy about not being here and it has a bearing on the marriage.
Money's not an issue. If he leaves, it will be because of what JJM referred to above, that he wanted a shot to coach in the MLB at a storied franchise like the Dodgers.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game when Erstad basically ruined Johnny Estrada's career. Never was the same after that trainwreck collision at the plate. Sucked for Braves fans, but I saw it as a clean, hard nosed play that had an unfortunate result. I think he'd make a good head coach in the Majors.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erstad made the cut to continue being considered for the Dodgers job. They interviewed 9 and have cut the list to 5 now. The other four are Bud Black, Gabe Kapler, Kirk Gibson and Dave Roberts.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is neat and all, but Champions don't pay any attention to that.

Champions want to be where they are.

Nebraska will be in the College World Series in the next few years. Mark my word.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is neat and all, but Champions don't pay any attention to that.

Champions want to be where they are.

Nebraska will be in the College World Series in the next few years. Mark my word.

lulz

I'd been hoping he'd take the job, then I think 'OH Shit that means Eichorst would have to replace him'.

Nebraska hasn't even won the Big 10.
Nebraska didn't even finish with a winning record in the Big 10.
They won't be going to the CWS with Erstad as coach.
Mark my words.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't spend enough time here on the weekends