• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers Add Latos, Morse, Draft Pick

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers To Acquire Mat Latos, Michael Morse - MLB Trade Rumors

A lot of bloggers and sports pundits have basically pegged the Dodgers to add 2 starters and a reliever. 1 "Ace" starter and one "meh" starter. Latos would qualify as the "meh" guy. He's got a lot of upside, and he's bringing about zero risk as a rental. Curious to see the prospects going to Miami.

Morse is a righty bench bat who can spell 1B or maybe a corner outfield spot, because apparently this team wanted to have two Scott Van Slykes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers To Acquire Mat Latos, Michael Morse - MLB Trade Rumors

A lot of bloggers and sports pundits have basically pegged the Dodgers to add 2 starters and a reliever. 1 "Ace" starter and one "meh" starter. Latos would qualify as the "meh" guy. He's got a lot of upside, and he's bringing about zero risk as a rental. Curious to see the prospects going to Miami.

Morse is a righty bench bat who can spell 1B or maybe a corner outfield spot, because apparently this team wanted to have two Scott Van Slykes.

Who did we give up? I think we get Hamels still.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did we give up?

Don't know yet. Seeing the Dodgers taking on Morse makes me think it won't be much. I've heard "three minor league arm." I doubt it'll be anyone we'll seriously miss.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know yet. Seeing the Dodgers taking on Morse makes me think it won't be much. I've heard "three minor league arm." I doubt it'll be anyone we'll seriously miss.

How long do we keep Latos? I agree about not giving up much. I do like the #34 pick for next year. Hopefully we sign them this time.

To re-cap:

We have a 2016 1st rounder and then #34 and #36 comp picks correct? Lets build through the draft once.

I think Puig is gone for some reason. Not saying I want it to happen, but I think the front office is going to bring in an ace, a solid relief pitcher and an OF to take Puig's spot. I am probably wrong but I think the Latos trade was the first domino.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade has nothing to do with Puig. Latos is a free agent this winter.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade has nothing to do with Puig. Latos is a free agent this winter.

True, but I am saying that a trade in the next few days might.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Puig sounds like one of the worst ideas in the world. I don't know why so many Dodger fans are pushing for that.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mat Latos hates the Giants:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smells like another "multi-team" deal similar to the Winter Meetings could be brewing. That would help explain why nothing has been made official (don't want to clear roster spot for Morse), yet.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morse will be DFA'd or packaged out. He's useless (despite a decent 2.2 WAR last year). It appears the three minor league pitchers involved are all "meh," so that is good news.

This trading Puig idea is just media fodder. He is going nowhere. He's cheap and under club control for 4 years.

Assuming we did not give up much for Latos, seems like a solid move as he can chew up innings.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Puig sounds like one of the worst ideas in the world. I don't know why so many Dodger fans are pushing for that.
How about because he is a cancer in the clubhouse, he under performs and the Dodgers need bullpen help. Keep Puig, don't trade for bullpen help and watch the Dodgers go down in flames again in the playoffs against the far superior St. Louis Cardinals.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about because he is a cancer in the clubhouse, he under performs and the Dodgers need bullpen help. Keep Puig, don't trade for bullpen help and watch the Dodgers go down in flames again in the playoffs against the far superior St. Louis Cardinals.

Trading for bullpen help and keeping Puig are not related at all. Also, you want a regular outfield of Pederson, Crawford, and Ethier every day?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig is a waste...shop him around for bullpen help. The Dodgers obviously have the bats, even without Puig, but outside of Greinke and Kershaw, the pitching is suspect.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smells like another "multi-team" deal similar to the Winter Meetings could be brewing. That would help explain why nothing has been made official (don't want to clear roster spot for Morse), yet.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated before, I like Latos... quite a bit. We're also using our money power to save us prospect wise like big market clubs should be doing with the Morse deal. And we get a 1st round pick out of it? HA, Thanks Marlins.

(really hoping it gets finalized)

Assuming we aren't done looking for pitching as well, this is an awesome move.