• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doan Reduex

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lucic but he was completely out of line. Yes, there were theatrics throughout the series by both teams - the muscle flexing by both he and Weise was classic - but that stuff ends when the series ends. Just like I didn't respect Doan for what he did in 2012, I don't respect Lucic for what he did yesterday.

The difference is Lucic is an asshole and let's everyone know it, where as Doan is an asshole but tries to play the nice guy card. I hate phonies with a passion, own up to what you are and Doan is anything but a nice guy, he of the 300 suspensions and the "it was an accident" excuse every single time.

Lucic can be lip-read saying "I'm going to fucking kill you next year" to Weise and Emelin and his facial expressions are anything but a joke, I think the dude was so mad he thought he himself was serious. Even then though, the Habs outplayed the Bruins and got in their heads and outright beat the Bruins.

Admit defeat, be a gracious loser and move on. No need for this kind of stuff in the NHL, save it for the goons in the NFL and NBA.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was ever a time for being an ass in the handshake line it would have been the Draper incident, as I recal after the only thing the Wings players said was I cant believe I just shook his(Claude's) hand. Im sure Lucic was still amped up and mad from being dominated by the tiny Canadians, but he lost and as a man in that sport you own up to defeat and shake the hands of the other team

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did shake their hands, it was the verbal stuff he said during it I can do without. Sucks but the Habs beat the big bad Bruins - Lucic needs to be a man about it and lament on his own time.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but IMO shaking hands and shaking hands while telling the guy im going to kill you are two totally different things.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with those sentiments. The theatrics during the series was tolerable but like you said there is no place for the verbal junk during the handshake procession. Congratulate the other team and move on. You don't want to do that then go straight to the dressing room and don't get in the line. You might not even be missed. Do your talking with your play on the ice next season.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucic and the theatrics are great, a few years ago against Vanloser he kept wiggling his fingers in Burrows' face because of the whole finger biting incident, this series the flexing, Shawn Thornton and the water bottle squirting, and don't even get me on Subban, I think he is a douche of the rarest variety. No one was innocent.

But ultimately the game was played on the ice, and the Habs outplayed the Bruins. If Lucic wants to be mad, how about his 1 goal being an EN? Or Marchand not scoring at all (20 PO games now consecutively)? Their 1C Krejci with a whopping 4 assists in 12 PO games? Rask looking like Cloutier? The defense being exposed with Miller and another kid? There were lots of Bruins problems and none had to do with the Habs.

FYI - got your text yesterday, I didn't see anything on my phone. What kind of alert? I have no record of a text, butt dial, nothing.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people are so down on Subban. I just think that it is sour grapes. Personally I think that he is exciting to watch when he is on the ice. And yes he can be over the top with his goal celebrations, but that is what makes him, well him.
Give the kid a break. you don't want a bunch of statues with no passion for the game out on the ice. I think that if he played for the Kings, the perception of him would change.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - got your text yesterday, I didn't see anything on my phone. What kind of alert? I have no record of a text, butt dial, nothing.

I thought it was a missed call alert but it may have been a dumb phone mistake by a dumb operator. BTW I'm guessing you aren't going to be able to make it next Saturday since I didn't hear back. It's OK. I understand it's a major undertaking with that crew of yours.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people are so down on Subban. I just think that it is sour grapes. Personally I think that he is exciting to watch when he is on the ice. And yes he can be over the top with his goal celebrations, but that is what makes him, well him.
Give the kid a break. you don't want a bunch of statues with no passion for the game out on the ice. I think that if he played for the Kings, the perception of him would change.

That's one way to look at it but for me actually it wouldn't. I don't like showboaters - I never have, I never will. "Hot dog hockey" as you guys know I call it.

Huge reason why I have never like Ovechkin, you're embarrassing yourself by acting like an idiot after you've scored your 58th goal of the season. Big reason why I didn't like Doan and his antics, or even Doughty when he acts like a spoiled little brat slamming his stick on the ice and bitching to the refs.

Now Doughty doesn't do that all the time (not even often but I hate it when he does), and he has been a proven performer so what I am about to say he is exempt from, but these types of guys are self-centered and do not have a team bone in their body. They do it for attention, and those types are the ones who's teams never win anything (Ovechkin), won't pay the price to advance the team (maybe bail out on a play so he doesn't get crushed), etc.

Cammalleri is another one - lots of flash but no cash, I remember him trying stuff years into his NHL career that worked in college but it made him look silly. Subban is right up there - really skilled but apart from 2 rounds of hockey, what has his team won? Like ever? Nothing. It's a mentality thing, a psychological thing.

That is what separates the NHL from other sports, and we have ad this discussion ad nauseum over the years. You don't see an NHL player open the rink door, bust out a silver pen, autograph the puck and toss it to a fan while doing cartwheels and crap. They score, they celebrate with their team, and that's that.

This sport is known for its sportsmanship, class and just being above the antics in some of the other big professional leagues and it needs to stay that way. There's no place IMO for idiots like Ovechkin and Subban acting like they do. Keep it simple, play the game and the scoreboard will do all the showboating for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you could get away with such stuff on the ice, say that in real life and you could end up in jail.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you could get away with such stuff on the ice, say that in real life and you could end up in jail.

Great point. Here in CA that would be a Criminal Threat, PC 422. It's a "wobbler" charge, meaning depending on the severity of it it can be either a misdemeanor or a felony. If someone is convicted of the misdemeanor, it's 1 year in county jail. If someone is convicted of the felony, it's 4 years in state prison.

The thing is, there doesn't need to be any intent or ability from the person committing it to be charged and convicted of it. It's based on the emotion of fear, so if the victim "feels" like you are seriously a threat to their lives, you will be convicted of it whether you meant to do it or not. Serious stuff.

Didn't Lucic have a run in with a fan at a bar not too long ago? Or am I thinking someone else?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a missed call alert but it may have been a dumb phone mistake by a dumb operator. BTW I'm guessing you aren't going to be able to make it next Saturday since I didn't hear back. It's OK. I understand it's a major undertaking with that crew of yours.

Ox

Sounds like operator error to me.

=)~~

It's not looking likely, although that may change last second. Would it be OK if I got back to you later in the week? I would love to come up though, we would just get a hotel and stay there the night and then wander the beaches or something on Sunday.

Would be a nice family trip in addition to seeing you and Mrs. Ox.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like operator error to me.

=)~~

It's not looking likely, although that may change last second. Would it be OK if I got back to you later in the week? I would love to come up though, we would just get a hotel and stay there the night and then wander the beaches or something on Sunday.

Would be a nice family trip in addition to seeing you and Mrs. Ox.

Certainly it'll be OK. I'm trying to put a head count together for the caterer but a few kids and 2 adults won't be that much. I'll go ahead and count you guys as a go and if you can't make it, we'll have some leftovers. I know a nice park with a kid-friendly playground close to the beach.

Ox