• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think we would be 6-1 with Sark?

Would Sark have beaten Furd this year?

• Yes. Would have been a sure victory.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No. Furds just too good for us right now.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do you guys think we would have beaten Furd this year with Sark?

I can honestly say I do. Not because I believe Sark is a better coach than Petersen, because I don't. However with better offensive execution we would have won that game imo. The transition is proven to be a little rougher than I expected, and Smiths woeful offense has already caused one loss that wouldn't have happened if Sarks staff were still here.

poll coming!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% sure we would have.

Wilcox with that class of seniors all comfortable in their schemes? Add the recruits that skipped out after Sark left with many playing as true frosh that we are now sorely missing. Miles playing in the same system. The entire team getting all of spring to advance instead of spending that time being torn down to be rebuilt back up with an entirely different set of terminology and schemes.

Yes, given how close that game was with things as they are, I have zero doubt they win that game under Sark.

I also have zero doubt they still lose to Oregon. Not by the same margin, but Oregon was at full strength and played a very good game. I do think under Wilcox that at least one of those easy interceptions would have been picked up.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Oregon was a loss no matter what. We just arent there yet. So much shame...:L

I just look back at Furd and the execution. Especially on 4th down. If I remember right all 3 times we went for it on 4th down the play was bungled in some way. :gaah:

That doesnt happen if they are running familiar plays and such, as you alluded to. Especially 3 times.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I still don't buy that the Stanford loss was all on coaching. While I do get the frustration with play calling, thinking back to the Stanford game the big thing I remember was watching the o-line getting blown off the line every play. Of course there is more that could have been done to address it, but Stanford's defensive front was a lot better than our offensive front.

Would UW have won if Sark were still here? maybe and/or probably... It's not something I have or will put too much thought into though. The sad fact is this program is still not in a place to compete for a conference title, no matter who's coaching. Like you guys already said oregon would have been a loss either way, which I also refuse to put any thought or concern into whether they would have not quite kicked our ass as bad if Sark were coaching.

All that said, the frustration with Smith and how he's running the offense is absolutely justified. If you guys want to keep calling for his job so be it. I'm okay with not waiting. We know what has happened when recent coaches at Washington are given every chance to turn their bullshit around, 0-12 and a 56-67 bowl loss.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I fully believe this team would have been substantially better this year had no coaching changes been made, I also believe this program will be better off for the future going forward with this change. It won't be a one year thing and there will likely have to be more changes to this staff to get there. Petersen needs to understand that OKG's and his kind of coaches were great for a small mid major, but this is another level. He can get coaches with more known histories and get more of the national 4 and 5 star kids.

He has to take steps and move forward in his own philosophy. I believe he will, but how long will it take for it all to come together?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-1?

:bolt: