• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you get enough fiber/protein

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiber roughly 38 grams recommended.......per day for males

Protein rough 56 grams recommended per day for males

Fiber i think is easy to get, but how can you NOT get the protein if your not Vegan........

4 oz, a mere 4 ounces of chicken has 36 grams of protein

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiber is where most people fall short. Fiber is an underrated health benefit. I consume way over the daily recommended intake. For breakfast I eat a bowl of oatmeal with either a banana, apple or grapefruit, depending on what I have on hand. Three hours later I make a Nutri Smoothie, 2tbs raw Flax Seed, 1/2 cup raw almonds, 1 cup raw kale, 1 cup raw spinach, 2 celery stalks, 1 cup of frozen unsweetened blue berries and 2 scoops of my protein powder. Three hours later I eat a Quest Protein Bar. Three hours later I eat a normal meal. This works very well for me.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These dietary needs vary tremendously based on physical activity/lifestyle. Just eat lots of fruits/veggies/whole wheat grains and you'll be fine on fiber.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiber is where most people fall short. Fiber is an underrated health benefit. I consume way over the daily recommended intake. For breakfast I eat a bowl of oatmeal with either a banana, apple or grapefruit, depending on what I have on hand. Three hours later I make a Nutri Smoothie, 2tbs raw Flax Seed, 1/2 cup raw almonds, 1 cup raw kale, 1 cup raw spinach, 2 celery stalks, 1 cup of frozen unsweetened blue berries and 2 scoops of my protein powder. Three hours later I eat a Quest Protein Bar. Three hours later I eat a normal meal. This works very well for me.

I've been willing to consume some weird shit in the name of health and benefiting what I've done during my workouts in the gym, but I don't think even I could down the shake you described. Fruits mixed with vegetables in a shake? Could do one or the other alone, but not mixing the two together.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been willing to consume some weird shit in the name of health and benefiting what I've done during my workouts in the gym, but I don't think even I could down the shake you described. Fruits mixed with vegetables in a shake? Could do one or the other alone, but not mixing the two together.

some make a pretty good living off mixing the two.
k2-_c8c7f147-695e-4577-9b8b-cfc9c874ccdc.v1.jpg

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, the celery sounds like it would add an interesting flavor... I do shakes with Kale & Spinach all the time. Mine usually contain: banana, blueberry, strawberry, yogurt, kale, spinach, almond milk, ground flax seed, chia seed, & wheat germ.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the celery sounds like it would add an interesting flavor... I do shakes with Kale & Spinach all the time. Mine usually contain: banana, blueberry, strawberry, yogurt, kale, spinach, almond milk, ground flax seed, chia seed, & wheat germ.

What about the pint of Sam Adams? :suds:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a pizza, BBQ, hamburger type of guy and can honestly say that the smoothie tastes good. The key is to use a good tasting protein powder. Without the protein powder you know you're drinking a health drink, with it, it has a sweet balanced taste.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The celery takes a lot of the "bite" from the spinach out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like to do shakes for my veggies........

i just eat them

shakes are protein shakes, with a 25-50 grams protein.......some carbs, and some honey.....thats it