• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you believe Reggie and Nate?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush says lack of discipline hurting Detroit Lions - ESPN

They both say the team lacks discipline(big fuckin surprise eh?) but that the onus falls in the players. They said it has nothing to do with the coaches and that in fact Schwartz is a disciplinarian. Are they just saying that so as to not cause a ruckus, or do they really feel that way?

Thoughts?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reggie fumbles too much. (Reggie did try to call a players only meeting. Seems like a good way to try and start holding teammates accountable. Too bad Fatty McPicks nixed the meeting.). But I haven't heard him blame anyone but himself. Unlike the dude who hands him the ball. That guy doesn't have enough fingers to point.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reggie fumbles too much. (Reggie did try to call a players only meeting. Seems like a good way to try and start holding teammates accountable. Too bad Fatty McPicks nixed the meeting.). But I haven't heard him blame anyone but himself. Unlike the dude who hands him the ball. That guy doesn't have enough fingers to point.

Did the Pimp tell you to fuck off in person multiple times or something? Your hate is reaching Scheffler level. Never once heard Stafford blame anyone for anything.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush says lack of discipline hurting Detroit Lions - ESPN

They both say the team lacks discipline(big fuckin surprise eh?) but that the onus falls in the players. They said it has nothing to do with the coaches and that in fact Schwartz is a disciplinarian. Are they just saying that so as to not cause a ruckus, or do they really feel that way?

Thoughts?

Makes no sense. Players call players only meetings when they have a problem with the coaches. If there is a discipline problem, that again falls on coaching. Disciplinarians don't take entire off seasons off as was reported about Schwartz last year. That's the total opposite of being disciplined.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense. Players call players only meetings when they have a problem with the coaches. If there is a discipline problem, that again falls on coaching. Disciplinarians don't take entire off seasons off as was reported about Schwartz last year. That's the total opposite of being disciplined.

I just wonder why Reggie decided to put it on himself and the other players then. Why even go into detail about it if he doesn't really believe it? He could've shrugged the question off if he really thought it was the coaches but didn't wanna out them. That's why I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of this situation. Obviously there's some sort of fault somewhere.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder why Reggie decided to put it on himself and the other players then. Why even go into detail about it if he doesn't really believe it? He could've shrugged the question off if he really thought it was the coaches but didn't wanna out them. That's why I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of this situation. Obviously there's some sort of fault somewhere.

I just think he didn't want to throw his coach under the bus in public. Unless he simply means being undisciplined as far as turning the ball over. And really, that has nothing to do with discipline, and more to do with focus. Maybe he's confused. Whole team is mess right now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Pimp tell you to fuck off in person multiple times or something? Your hate is reaching Scheffler level. Never once heard Stafford blame anyone for anything.

You gotta clean out your ears daddyOh. Staff's playing his way, it's just not his fault his way doesn't work. I'd like to hear what CJ thinks about this. Cuz to me, Nate, Reggie and CJ are the three guys most capable of being leaders on this team. (Suh, Ravioli and Delmas to some extent, but they have their obvious flaws.).

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more about trying to get the players to step their game up. Accountability. Now is not the time to implode or potentially lose the lockerroom. There is still at least two games left, can't expect the coaches to get em up for it. They'll have to do it themselves.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta clean out your ears daddyOh. Staff's playing his way, it's just not his fault his way doesn't work. I'd like to hear what CJ thinks about this. Cuz to me, Nate, Reggie and CJ are the three guys most capable of being leaders on this team. (Suh, Ravioli and Delmas to some extent, but they have their obvious flaws.).

If you want to post a specific link I can read please do. I don't have the time to keep my ears pinned to all things Lion 24/7 anymore, so maybe I missed something. I know he said he doesn't think he has a problem with mechanics. Schwartz backed him up. What else am I missing. Where did he blame his team or coaches?

Reggie is kinda coming off like a bitch lately imo. Who the fuck is he to call a team meeting? This guy is a mid-level free agent on his 3rd team because the league gave up on him. He should know his role, and shut his mouth far as I'm concerned. He hasn't earned the right to lead this team.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mathis has been a solid lockerroom/veteran leader.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more about trying to get the players to step their game up. Accountability. Now is not the time to implode or potentially lose the lockerroom. There is still at least two games left, can't expect the coaches to get em up for it. They'll have to do it themselves.

I tend to agree.

Two firsts -

1st time the players are playing for their HC job

1st time the players are playing for their QB. Before this weekend, Stafford has been described in the media as a tough as nails kid with a rocket arm and all the potential in the world to become an all-pro. This week, he's everyone's punching bag.

How will the team respond? It's one thing to give up on your HC like they rightfully did in on the plan ride home from Pittsburgh. It's another thing to let your QB take the fall for the teams failures.

Will the offense rallies around Stafford?

I think they will.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree.

Two firsts -

1st time the players are playing for their HC job

1st time the players are playing for their QB. Before this weekend, Stafford has been described in the media as a tough as nails kid with a rocket arm and all the potential in the world to become an all-pro. This week, he's everyone's punching bag.

How will the team respond? It's one thing to give up on your HC like they rightfully did in on the plan ride home from Pittsburgh. It's another thing to let your QB take the fall for the teams failures.

Will the offense rallies around Stafford?

I think they will.

I hope they can.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can.

Factoid: If Megatron catches just that one ball, the Lions win that game. I'm assuming he either scores, or puts us in position for a FG.

But he didn't.

Somehow, this is Matthew Stafford's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Fatty McPicks"

hilarious.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate is a loud mouth and I can't remember the last time he made a big play.

Oh God just wait until Mebert gets back from his paper route and sees this post, he is gonna lose it.

paperboy.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to find post game pressers Swarm. Typically I miss the end of our 1 o'clock starts and have to finish them via DVR after work. But I do listen to post game interviews. And I don't like what I hear more than than enough. So that's why Im buying into what Nate and Reg are saying. (I haven't heard much from Mathis that I can think of LP. He's been more than our most consistent DB?)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to find post game pressers Swarm. Typically I miss the end of our 1 o'clock starts and have to finish them via DVR after work. But I do listen to post game interviews. And I don't like what I hear more than than enough. So that's why Im buying into what Nate and Reg are saying. (I haven't heard much from Mathis that I can think of LP. He's been more than our most consistent DB?)

Tim Twentyman wrote a piece about Burelson and Mathis putting the onus on the players and not the staff. I'd link the article but I can't from my phone. Maybe you can search for Twentyman articles?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Matt needs to mature a bit. I think he still has some party frat boy in him. But I've never heard him pass blame to his teammates. I don't mind him being laid back, and I really don't care (or invest in) anything these athletes from any team say to the media. Schwartz is regularly defending his side arm, his mechanics etc..in public so I expect Stafford to say the same (in front of the microphones). Behind closed doors I'd like to think that at 25 years old, he believes he has tons of room to improve.

What I see is two guys going out there and pretty much single handily winning games in heroic fashion in the 4th quarter on pure talent once the playbook has been scrapped. Isn't that how the Lions win 95% of their games? Aren't we always praising Stafford and Megatron when they pull these comeback cat wins out of their asses?

When was the last game we piled up a thread talking about how some amazing call by Linehan or Schwartz won us a game? Ever? All I remember are threads about mistimed red flags, bad clock management, and fake punts by 5th round kickers.

Who called the sneak to beat Dallas? Schwartz? Nope.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matt needs to mature a bit. I think he still has some party frat boy in him. But I've never heard him pass blame to his teammates. I don't mind him being laid back, and I really don't care (or invest in) anything these athletes from any team say to the media. Schwartz is regularly defending his side arm, his mechanics etc..in public so I expect Stafford to say the same (in front of the microphones). Behind closed doors I'd like to think that at 25 years old, he believes he has tons of room to improve.

What I see is two guys going out there and pretty much single handily winning games in heroic fashion in the 4th quarter on pure talent once the playbook has been scrapped. Isn't that how the Lions win 95% of their games? Aren't we always praising Stafford and Megatron when they pull these comeback cat wins out of their asses?

When was the last game we piled up a thread talking about how some amazing call by Linehan or Schwartz won us a game? Ever? All I remember are threads about mistimed red flags, bad clock management, and fake punts by 5th round kickers.

Who called the sneak to beat Dallas? Schwartz? Nope.

The presser I read Stafford talked about drops and turnovers being the reason they lost. He also said he didn't play well. Maybe by mentioning the drops it seemed he was passing the buck? I think he also mentioned penalties?