• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do I trade for Kinsler??

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since CBS sucks donkey balls and there is no more message boards, here I am.

I just lost Aaron Hill for well over a month, maybe two. There are really no good options on the waiver wire. I recieved an offer of Medlen/Bourn for Kinsler. I am obviously rejecting that one. However, the team that offered said if I want to counter, it's cool, but he still wants Medlen. I'm in a standard scoring, H2H league. Here's my team:

Hitters--Salvador Perez, Ike davis, Chris Davis, Castro, David Wright, Josh hamilton, Bryce Harper, Bourn, Moustakas, Andrelton Simmons, Hill(DL), Getz(as temp replacement).

Pitchers--Medlen, Gio Gonzalez, Detwiler, Matt Harvey, James Shields, Travis Wood, Shelby Miller, Trevor Cahill, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Parbell, Jim Johnson, Casey Janssen, Fujikawa, and a couple other spots where I stream pitchers in.

Now I'm pretty well versed in Fant Baseball, but this is a conundrum I'd like some advice on. I was thinking of countering with Medlen/Simmons for Kinsler. I think it's fair and something he'd agree to. I feel like I'll still have a good stable of pitchers to lean on. Thoughts?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that your pitching is still strong, and the jury really is still out on Simmons. You've probably got a chance to grab a good young pitcher that hasn't come up yet, like Strailey or Bauer, if they're available. You could even take a shot with a talented nutcase like Liriano. Barring injury, Kinsler's a rock. I'd do it.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he needs a SS then it's a fair deal. Simmons does you no good sitting on your bench and as much as I love Medlen, he's not gonna repeat what he did the second half of last season (he'll still put up good numbers though). Looking at your roster I'm guessing you only start 3 outfielders, if this is the case maybe consider Bourn and Simmons (or someone else) for Kinsler. Depending on the size of your league I'm sure there will be a number of plug and play options in the OF until you settle on a final option if you go this route.

If he won't budge on either of these then maybe Medlen/Bourn for Kinsler and someone else might be an option as well.

welcome to sportshoopla

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see you trade Bourn than Simmons to be honest with you. If there's a decent OF on the WW for you, I'd make that trade first. If this is a redraft league, I suppose Simmons is a luxury you do not need with Castro, but I wouldn't deal him otherwise.
Good luck

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is not a keeper league. I don't need Simmons as Castro has been a rock his whole young career(knock on wood). We do start 3 OF and I just feel Bourn will out produce Simmons this year. That's why I didn't want him in the deal. So a Medlen/Simmons for Kinsler deal sounds good?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to view these trades a little differently. Yes, Hill is injured, but I would rather take a waiver wire guy to fill in at 2B for the next 6 weeks than give up a core piece to fill a temporary need. Only make this trade if you feel like it improves your team after Hill comes back.

Medlen and Simmons for Kinsler is a solid value, but does it improve your team long term? Maybe, maybe not.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a cut and dried decision. I think the deciding factor for me would be the fact that hand injuries are very tricky. Hill could be back in 6 - 8 weeks but then he may not and will he be the same player he was before. giving up Medlen will hurt but in the long run you'll be better with Kinsler.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I made the offer but he countered asking for Shields AND Medlen for Kinsler. Ummmm had to pass on that. That's way too much. So I countered with Medlen and Moustakas bc he said he had too many shortstops. If he declines that's the last of it. I'm not giving up two aces and crippling my team.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I made the offer but he countered asking for Shields AND Medlen for Kinsler. Ummmm had to pass on that. That's way too much. So I countered with Medlen and Moustakas bc he said he had too many shortstops. If he declines that's the last of it. I'm not giving up two aces and crippling my team.

Good call. Just keep in mind, and, especially in roto, that fantasy baseball is not a sprint, but a marathon, so stand pat for the long haul.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm aware of that. Been playing for years. Thats why i wasnt sure just exactly how to handle it. Just needed some extra advice on this. Thx bro.