• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Divisional Bucket NFL Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a similar back to Faulk in Thurman Thomas. Who's your answer to Dickerson, William Andrews? And yes, I dont think Willie Anderson can block Reggie White. And on the other side, I do thing Ogden can handle Strahan, Roaf handles Doleman, and Allen blocks either DT man up.
Let's say Deion can't handle Moss.... How bout I put Deion on CC, Blount on Irvin, and double up Moss. I've got answers. Close game, but most of the head to head matchups are in my favor. As great as your receivers are, they are going against a superior secondary, and I think my superior run game and dominance on both lines is plenty

Theres only one ball, how many times you gonna try to run the ball? If you use Thurman Thomas whos not nearly as good as Faulk that makes Dickerson a wasted pick.

Anderson was a 3 or 4 time 1st team all pro and should have been more but he played for a shit team and didn't get noticed until towards the end of his career.

You don't win most of the one on one matchups. As good as both our lines are on either side of the ball they will not be the deciding factor, all 4 groups are great and none of the 4 will completely dominate their opponents. These games come down to passing and defending the pass. You have the better secondary I have the better receivers. I believe my secondary has a much better chance limiting your passing game than yours does mine.

I love the back and forth though, i'm sure everyone else is happy one of us will be out... :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres only one ball, how many times you gonna try to run the ball? If you use Thurman Thomas whos not nearly as good as Faulk that makes Dickerson a wasted pick.

Anderson was a 3 or 4 time 1st team all pro and should have been more but he played for a shit team and didn't get noticed until towards the end of his career.

You don't win most of the one on one matchups. As good as both our lines are on either side of the ball they will not be the deciding factor, all 4 groups are great and none of the 4 will completely dominate their opponents. These games come down to passing and defending the pass. You have the better secondary I have the better receivers. I believe my secondary has a much better chance limiting your passing game than yours does mine.

I love the back and forth though, i'm sure everyone else is happy one of us will be out... :suds:
Same here, this is a great matchup to debate. I like my versatility on both sides. I can bring Patrick Peterson as #4,CB, I can take off a LB and bring in Bob Sanders and run big nickel, I can put Reggie at DT and put Derrick Thomas atDE for a racecar pass rush
On the other side, I can run Csonka in front of Dickerson with two TE's or go 4 wide with Thurman Thomas in the backfield. I think my strength on both lines is the difference

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is my defensive line is better. You are better in 3 of 5 on the offensive line but nowhere on either sets of lines is anyone dominated.

If we ranked the Dline from 1-8 it goes

1. Reggie
my entire line 2,3,4,5
the rest of your line 6,7,8.

Or a better way to say it is if we picked 4 starters from the group 3 of them are from my team.

DE - Reggie
DT - Olsen
DT - Lilly
DE - Doleman

I would take William Andrews over Thurman Thomas, Thomas just played a lot longer. Thomas had a couple really good years early in his career but he'd better with that team he had around him and those couple years he was a pretty average back. I thought he was overrated then and still do.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is my defensive line is better. You are better in 3 of 5 on the offensive line but nowhere on either sets of lines is anyone dominated.

If we ranked the Dline from 1-8 it goes

1. Reggie
my entire line 2,3,4,5
the rest of your line 6,7,8.

Or a better way to say it is if we picked 4 starters from the group 3 of them are from my team.

DE - Reggie
DT - Olsen
DT - Lilly
DE - Doleman

I would take William Andrews over Thurman Thomas, Thomas just played a lot longer. Thomas had a couple really good years early in his career but he'd better with that team he had around him and those couple years he was a pretty average back. I thought he was overrated then and still do.
I disagree, but the bigger problem for you is matchups. It's not DL vs DL, it's DL vs OL. Strahan and Doleman aren't going anywhere against Ogden and Roaf and you know it. Olsen isn't going anywhere against Larry Allen. That leaves Donaldson and Wiz to double on Lilly. Your DL is blocked, and I don't have to use my TE, as you admitted to needing Casper to block Reggie. That means Gates is drawing a double. My Receivers aren't quite as good as yours, but would give your guys fits, as you don't have a Deion or Blount. In short, I like my rushing and passing attacks vs your D.
Reggie, Kevin Williams, Suh and Peppers....no way your very good OL blocks them. Marino can't run the way Young can, so you HAVE to protect him. The fact that my secondary and DL match up with your WR's and DL means I can definitely get a few more stops than you can

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Carolina today, they are the best team I've seen this year. They are better than NE, Seattle, Green Bay. Gonna be a tough out

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, but the bigger problem for you is matchups. It's not DL vs DL, it's DL vs OL. Strahan and Doleman aren't going anywhere against Ogden and Roaf and you know it. Olsen isn't going anywhere against Larry Allen. That leaves Donaldson and Wiz to double on Lilly. Your DL is blocked, and I don't have to use my TE, as you admitted to needing Casper to block Reggie. That means Gates is drawing a double. My Receivers aren't quite as good as yours, but would give your guys fits, as you don't have a Deion or Blount. In short, I like my rushing and passing attacks vs your D.
Reggie, Kevin Williams, Suh and Peppers....no way your very good OL blocks them. Marino can't run the way Young can, so you HAVE to protect him. The fact that my secondary and DL match up with your WR's and DL means I can definitely get a few more stops than you can

Ridiculous, nearly every word.

Did Ogden or Roaf go their entire careers without letting up a sack? I'm betting they got beat by players not nearly as good as Strahan or Doleman.

Like I said this game will not be won with the lines even if I think I have advantage, my passing game is simply too good.

Again, love the shit talkin with ya though brutha!

Can't wait to get these games started.

We haven't yet talked about what we are doing for the next draft...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold or Blind:L

Romo has done well. He threw 2 TD's in the first qtr. slight problem was it was to wrong team. I just need my skins to beat Gmen on Sunday.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Carolina today, they are the best team I've seen this year. They are better than NE, Seattle, Green Bay. Gonna be a tough out

I think Carolina is a good team but two things.

1. Dallas just isn't a very good team this year.
2. The entire NFC is weak.

Carolina picked a good year to improve slightly, in most years with other dominating teams in the NFC they would be an also ran. Most years it's almost impossible to win with virtually no passing game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is it's too late for me to dump Dez in my two money leagues!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has done well. He threw 2 TD's in the first qtr. slight problem was it was to wrong team. I just need my skins to beat Gmen on Sunday.
GMen are gonna clobber the Skins. Romo injury could've a blessing . No doubt he was still hurt. Sit therest of the year and get healthy, get a top 5-10 draftvslot, get a 4th place schedule and maybe a Derrick Harvey type RB and take a shot next year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carolina is a good team but two things.

1. Dallas just isn't a very good team this year.
2. The entire NFC is weak.

Carolina picked a good year to improve slightly, in most years with other dominating teams in the NFC they would be an also ran. Most years it's almost impossible to win with virtually no passing game.
Their defense is fantastic. Their OL is outstanding. Great freaking kicker. Funny thing is, the only thing I'm not totally sold on is the QB, who still makes mistakes, but is really tough to stop

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMen are gonna clobber the Skins. Romo injury could've a blessing . No doubt he was still hurt. Sit therest of the year and get healthy, get a top 5-10 draftvslot, get a 4th place schedule and maybe a Derrick Harvey type RB and take a shot next year.

I started the season wishing Skins would lose all their games and get the #1 pick and draft a QB. Well won't be getting a top 10 pick but also their are no QB's I see worthy of a top 10 pick or even the first round. I hope skins take a corner or safety but I trust their GM Scot who did great for niners and had a good draft for skins this year taking BPA over need.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous, nearly every word.

Did Ogden or Roaf go their entire careers without letting up a sack? I'm betting they got beat by players not nearly as good as Strahan or Doleman.

Like I said this game will not be won with the lines even if I think I have advantage, my passing game is simply too good.

Again, love the shit talkin with ya though brutha!

Can't wait to get these games started.

We haven't yet talked about what we are doing for the next draft...
You've told me yourself Ogden and Allen are the best ever at their positions. Deion is. Reggie is. That's 4 guys that are the very best ever at their positions. I don't see either team being able to totally stop the other, but if you win simply because your receivers are slightly better, that's just not football. Good news is, if you were to win, you'd get my vote the rest of the way, because if a defense with Deion, Blount, Barber, Woodson, Bob Sanders, Earl Thomas, Patrick Peterson, Derrick Thomas, Peppers, Suh and Reggie Freaking White couldn't gets enough stops to
beat you, who could?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure i'd say their defense is fantastic, if you look at their schedule they haven't really played a real good offense, I guess the best was Green Bay and they allowed 29 vs the Pack. I don't trust Newton not to throw the game away when it really matters and they just don't have a go to receiver.

I will say if the Bowl this year is Patriots - Panthers I will not watch a single play.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started the season wishing Skins would lose all their games and get the #1 pick and draft a QB. Well won't be getting a top 10 pick but also their are no QB's I see worthy of a top 10 pick or even the first round. I hope skins take a corner or safety but I trust their GM Scot who did great for niners and had a good draft for skins this year taking BPA over need.

I love ya man but I can't for the life of me imagine a fan starting the season hoping his team loses.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure i'd say their defense is fantastic, if you look at their schedule they haven't really played a real good offense, I guess the best was Green Bay and they allowed 29 vs the Pack. I don't trust Newton not to throw the game away when it really matters and they just don't have a go to receiver.

I will say if the Bowl this year is Patriots - Panthers I will not watch a single play.
I think Kuechly is the best defensive player in football, but I'm with you, a Cam-Brady SB would make me wretch. With my beloved Cowboys season in a dumpster fire, I'll be pulling for an Arizona-Denver SB

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ya man but I can't for the life of me imagine a fan starting the season hoping his team loses.

We don't have a QB and we are a few years away from being a contender in NFC Least (east). So I rather have a 1st round pick and use it or trade it for more picks then get 2nd in the NFC east and not make the playoffs. I agree it sounds like I'm a horrible fan and even skin SportsHoopla fans dislike my viewing. I'm honest in my views and probably shouldn't acknowledge my wishes for a 1st round pick but I'm not one to hold my tongue.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've told me yourself Ogden and Allen are the best ever at their positions. Deion is. Reggie is. That's 4 guys that are the very best ever at their positions. I don't see either team being able to totally stop the other, but if you win simply because your receivers are slightly better, that's just not football. Good news is, if you were to win, you'd get my vote the rest of the way, because if a defense with Deion, Blount, Barber, Woodson, Bob Sanders, Earl Thomas, Patrick Peterson, Derrick Thomas, Peppers, Suh and Reggie Freaking White couldn't gets enough stops to
beat you, who could?

I think Rod Woodson is the best Corner of all time not Deion who I believe is 2nd...

Dan Marino is the best pure passer in league history, Randy Moss IMO is the best Receiver of all time and most people would have my top 3 receivers in the top 5 of all time. I do believe Ogden is the best LT of all time and Larry Allen is certainly top 3 all time but it's not like Boselli, Faneca, Shields, Mawae are ranked 1,000 all time, these guys are all top 10 players as well. Doleman and Strahan are both probably top 6 or 7 all time at DE. Lilly and Olsen are IMO 3rd and 4th all time. Butkus is the best Middle linebacker of all time and one of the meanest son of a bitches who ever played. Roger Wehrli was one of the first "Shut down" corners, I believe Staubach said he was the best he ever played against. Lester Hayes well he's my favorite but he also had the best season in league history for a corner in 1980. Renfro is a top 10 Corner and Samuel is a very good dime back who I believe had more than 50 INT's. My Safety's are two of the 3 hardest hitting safeties of all time.

I too can say if you beat me it seems unlikely I vote against you the rest of the way.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kuechly is the best defensive player in football, but I'm with you, a Cam-Brady SB would make me wretch. With my beloved Cowboys season in a dumpster fire, I'll be pulling for an Arizona-Denver SB

Denver? WTF?

How about Vikes and Bengals?

If my Vikings can't make it I will be rooting for Arizona.