• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did You

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
afterthought? No way. They play really good defense, and you should know a thing or two about how far that can go.

I agree that they haven't really proven themselves against any great teams, but Kansas is still a good team that could beat any team in the country on a good night. Here's what will happen with Florida:

Elite 8, crushing loss. Same as the last 3 years

I cant agree with the Kansas assessment. I just don't think they're that good a team. Yes I do agree defense is crucial especially in March. The problem I see with Fla. is they haven't beat anyone to speak of and are largely untested very late in the season. The remaining league games they have are critical. If they really are a legit team they win them all - which means Kentucky twice. That said I don't consider Kentucky a powerhouse by any means. This makes it even more important for Fla. to win both. We'll see what happens but right now I don't believe Fla. has proven themselves to be a top 5 team.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand Loneranger's focus on Florida. No one is touting Florida as an elite team. All I heard was Arizona, until they lost Brandon Ashley, Duke, Michigan State, and Syracuse. Seems like a bit of trolling to me. This thread was supposed to be about Syracuse. Florida is on another thread.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant agree with the Kansas assessment. I just don't think they're that good a team. Yes I do agree defense is crucial especially in March. The problem I see with Fla. is they haven't beat anyone to speak of and are largely untested very late in the season. The remaining league games they have are critical. If they really are a legit team they win them all - which means Kentucky twice. That said I don't consider Kentucky a powerhouse by any means. This makes it even more important for Fla. to win both. We'll see what happens but right now I don't believe Fla. has proven themselves to be a top 5 team.

so cuse beating pitt is a marquee win but, if florida beats Uk its just another game they should win.... :scratch:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so cuse beating pitt is a marquee win but, if florida beats Uk its just another game they should win.... :scratch:

Who said beating Pitt is a "marquee" win? No one I know of. And no, I'm not getting sucked into an argument that cannot end over a team you like that hasn't proven a whole helluva lot. I wanna see you show up 1st thing in the morn after Fla. loses at Vandy. I'll be looking for you :rollseyes:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand Loneranger's focus on Florida. No one is touting Florida as an elite team. All I heard was Arizona, until they lost Brandon Ashley, Duke, Michigan State, and Syracuse. Seems like a bit of trolling to me. This thread was supposed to be about Syracuse. Florida is on another thread.

Trolling? ok nevermind.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling? ok nevermind.

That's correct...trolling....go bash Florida on the Florida thread. This thread is about the great Syracuse win. really don't understand why you want to take away from a good thread about a fabulous game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said beating Pitt is a "marquee" win? No one I know of. And no, I'm not getting sucked into an argument that cannot end over a team you like that hasn't proven a whole helluva lot. I wanna see you show up 1st thing in the morn after Fla. loses at Vandy. I'll be looking for you :rollseyes:

what exactly has cuse proven? beat nova? who is only ranked as high as they are because they are living off the big east reputation which this year is undeserved.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt coach tried to sit on the ball at the end.:L

Pathetic ending for Pitt but a great game.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there won't be much talking I can guarantee that. Without the Big East teams the ACC is practically non existent.

Stop the :bawling: about the Big East already. This is the new era. It's called the ACC. Syracuse, Pitt, VT, Miami, BC and soon Louisville.

The Big East is no more. GEt used to it.

Without FSU you guys can't claim a football NC for your conference. It works both ways, my friend.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the :bawling: about the Big East already. This is the new era. It's called the ACC. Syracuse, Pitt, VT, Miami, BC and soon Louisville.

The Big East is no more. GEt used to it.

Without FSU you guys can't claim a football NC for your conference. It works both ways, my friend.

my mistake , I thought we were talking about basketball.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there won't be much talking I can guarantee that. Without the Big East teams the ACC is practically non existent.

I disagree ranger. UNC and Duke have been on fire lately. Virginia somehow is only one game behind SU. SU will play the tournament in North Carolina. Not MSG. Doubt they make it out unscathed.

On the Big East thing.....ND is doing nothing impressive....they suck. And Pitt has played a light schedule losing to every ranked team. The big east sucked....still sucks and will forever suck as far as I'm concerned. Yes they had a couple great teams, but they also had the likes of DePaul and Seton Hall. And the Big East doesn't own the NC's the ACC does.

But bottom line on the big east thing is SU is an ACC team. Not a big east team. If the ACC sucks...so does SU.

Go Team ACC.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the record for hijacking one thread?

lol you give yourself way too much credit.

Just because runeman didn't read from the beginning to see you are doing your best to be an ass, doesn't lend to your greatness. It lends to him not catching up..but he will.

You're exposed. That's all there is. in time even the UF fans get tired of you.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree ranger. UNC and Duke have been on fire lately. Virginia somehow is only one game behind SU. SU will play the tournament in North Carolina. Not MSG. Doubt they make it out unscathed.

On the Big East thing.....ND is doing nothing impressive....they suck. And Pitt has played a light schedule losing to every ranked team. The big east sucked....still sucks and will forever suck as far as I'm concerned. Yes they had a couple great teams, but they also had the likes of DePaul and Seton Hall. And the Big East doesn't own the NC's the ACC does.

But bottom line on the big east thing is SU is an ACC team. Not a big east team. If the ACC sucks...so does SU.

Go Team ACC.

Well said. I for one can't wait until we get to trade Maryland out for Louisville. This league is getting better and better all the time!

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Team ACC.

we can talk history all we want but the Big East was the best hoops conference in the land for many yrs. Unfortunately football ended all of that. Anyway I don't believe for a second the ACC tournament is SU's right now. No way. As I've said very recently SU is going to lose - at least one and probably 2 before the big tourn. UVA is right there and still has a good chance of winning the regular season title.