• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did You

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dont get why Dixon took a timeout when Cuse was out of them. Why allow Boeheim to set up a play at all??? Clearly Ennis nailed a 1 in 12 type shot and you'll live with that if youre Pitt but I just didnt like that TO at all. Youre coaching against a guy with 900+ wins and you GIVE hime an extra minute to figure something out??? Yuck IMO.

ok I see where you're coming from so I'll make an attempt at this even tho I'm a 'Cuse fan. I have to believe Dixon knew he was calling TO if this situation came up. I'm thinking he wants to make sure his players know exactly what he wants them to do - pressure the ball and not let Ennis or anyone else have an easy in bound and dribble un******ed across half court. There's a million ways to play this but we've all seen countless times where the ball is inbounded and the guard carries the ball full steam to the other end. When he gets there he's facing a defense standing there while this guy is balls to the wall - tough to defend w/out fouling. 4.4 seconds is plenty of time to get the ball to the other end and get a pretty good if not very good look. Dixon did not want this ball to get in anyones hands w/out some pressure on them. Personally I think Pitt did a real good job defensively on this play. They made SU work on the inbound. Ennis gets the ball while running and is heading towards the sideline with people on him. He never gets off a pass and is forced to heave a 30' + hail mary and isn't fouled in the process. I'm not sure Pitt could have played it much better. With no TO Pitt is not organized and I will bet anything SU gets a much better look at the basket and possibly fouled. So he calls a TO , Boeheim has a chance to set up his play and it didn't exactly work - except Ennis makes a once in a lifetime shot. Beoheim looks like a genius when Pitt's defense actually worked better than the play that was setup becuz the play never unfolded. Make no mistake , this was not "setup" for Ennis to hoist a bomb. With that much time there was supposed to be Cooney looking at an avg 3 without much resistance. Ok , how did I do?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona#2(23-2) 26 25 6 9 66
Arizona State(19-6) 21 30 6 12 69

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with everyone who said Dixon went "all stall tactics at the end of the game". That was LITERALLY the same offense they ran the entire game. Was anyone watching the game or did they just switch it over the last 3 minutes????

They were successful almost every time they went to the high post, and yet they did it about 6 times all game. That's why they lost

We have a winner.:agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that shit? Fucking cuse...Fucking Ennis. Just sinks a dagger in the Panthers.

I know this response is a few days late, but I certainly saw it, and you were the first person of whom I thought!
I can't believe I missed you, last night. :(

I'm nervous as hell about this Cats/Gators game...