• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the last pick hit the ground?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the replays they played in the stadium it sure looked like it did.... I couldn't get myself to watch any highlight shows when I got home.

brutal game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it did but it was one of those "if they'd called incomplete it would stay incomplete" kind of reviews where there just wasn't absolute proof it hit the ground. One shot showed it on the ground I thought but whatchagonnado?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was simultaneous with hitting the ground and his arm. I agree with not overturning though because you couldn't clearly tell. Either way Baldwin was open RW just made a horrible throw.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same goes with the fumble that was not called a fumble. The ball was clearly out, but you couldn't see where his forearm was at that exact moment...however his forearm would have had to be 3 feet long to have been on the ground at the time the ball was out. I thought another strange thing was that it appeared that Fox was intentionally not showing a replay, which forced Carroll to decide to throw the challenge flag without knowing if it was actually a fumble of not.

I do have a question about the INT at the end of the game, though. All the attention was on whether the ball hit the ground or bounced off Baldwin's arm, but Dansby had to dive to catch the deflection just before it hit the ground and I never saw a replay showing whether he caught that cleanly or not, anyone else see that? I assume it was good, but never saw a replay of the actual catch, just the bounce off the ground/Baldwin's arm.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just one of those plays where they don't have enough evidence to overturn a call. Everyone was very much in agreement that they thought the ball hit the ground because you can see the black rubber from the field turf fly up. It could also be because of Baldwin's arm that caused the rubber to fly as well.

Either way. Not enough evidence.
The ball was called INT therefore, it stayed INT. If it was called incomplete, I believe it would've stayed incomplete.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hit the ground.. You could tell by the way the ball spun after impact... and the piece of field that bounced up after it hit… But one thing our receivers HAVE TO STOP DOING is falling down running there routes in clutch situations…. This isn't the first time once of our receivers has fallen down allowing a pick in the final drive when Wilson appears to be flowing…

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball definitely hit the ground. I'm still stunned that it wasn't overturned. Even if the refs felt like a good part of the ball hit the arm, if any part of the ball hits the ground then it should be incomplete.

Oh well not a big deal. We really deserved to lose that game with the way we played. Our offense has been stifled ever since the Saints game. That 49ers loss pissed off the defense and now look how they're playing. I hope this does the same to the offense

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball hit the ground. There is really no question when you watch the replay. It hit his arm and the ground simultaneously.
I don't find it too upsetting though. The Hawks in no way deserved to win that game. Maybe it will serve as a wakeup call and get the offense rolling.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hit the ground you couldn't tell for certain until they came out of the TV timeout and showed another view of the play, amazingly the refs were already calling it a pick which basically ended the game it seems a longer look was warranted given the circumstances. I'm not sure the refs got that view that we saw on the Fox telecast, the turf kicked up from the ball.

It doesn't mean we got robbed because we were hoping to get a tie then get the win in overtime AZ was playing an amazing defensive game so who knows. I sure as heck don't like the quality of NFL officiating, soon replay may soon be moved to a centralized system where the on field refs can be overturned by people watching away from the stadium making the final call on these matters I say the sooner the better.

Centralized replay could be coming as soon as 2014 | ProFootballTalk

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hit the ground and it was obvious. They even showed a replay where the ball kicked up some of the turf rubber. Scott Green is a moron, who not only is incapable of comprehending video (he screwed up the Mendenhall fumble as well) but also proved he doesn't have an understanding of physics. Anyone who thinks a ball will bounce up like that after it hits an arm is an idiot. I realize that being a referee in a tough job, I just wish having an IQ > 0 was a requirement for NFL refs. Guys like Scott Green prove it's not.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm blaming the refs for the loss because I'm not. The Seahawks had their chances to win this despite those two obvious replay blunders. However I will say that a team playing poorly should not exempt the refs from criticism when they do fuck up. NFL refs are in an even sorrier state than I thought if Scott Green refs a single playoff game this year.

Last edited by a moderator: