• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Miami Know About Shapiro Before Hiring Golden?

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was stunned when Miami first hired Golden. He was good at Temple, but never knew why a program like Miami would have to reach all the way down to get him, and thought that Golden should have a few years at a lesser BCS team before being invited to a powerhouse.

Thinking back on it, is it possible Miami already knew of what was coming, and wouldn't want to hire a coach with enough reputation and the ability to instantly bolt to another major program at the first sign of trouble?

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major programs hire up and coming coaches all the time.

Jim Tressel was hired directly from a 1-AA job to be Ohio State's head coach, for example.

Not to mention, Miami isn't exactly known for actually caring about their football program. Recruits still think it's cool to go there, so they get nice classes, but when was the last time the higher ups at Miami seemed interested in returning that program to prominence?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami wont ever see their past success again as long as they continue to play home games as sun life.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
miami wont ever see their past success again as long as they continue to play home games as sun life.

I agree that Sun Life sucks. But, where would you like us to play? When as you put it' "our past success" was played at the OB. Not a campus stadium. Although I will say this, all of the players love Sun Life as it has all the ammenities of a NFL stadium.

As for the OP. It seems Miami admin did know something was in the wind but did not disclose it to AG.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Sun Life sucks. But, where would you like us to play? When as you put it' "our past success" was played at the OB. Not a campus stadium. Although I will say this, all of the players love Sun Life as it has all the ammenities of a NFL stadium.

As for the OP. It seems Miami admin did know something was in the wind but did not disclose it to AG.

true they weren't on campus at the old OB, but what alums were still in the miami area were more apt to travel there over sun life. And when they were having success the OB neighborhood and surrounding areas had plenty of supporting non alums. They aren't such fans anyway near sun life and it is so big that it looks empty to those that do attend,

They should've bought an old golf course in the gables for a stadium years ago. I doubt they would ever let them do that now. Perhaps they could rent FIUs down the street? i'm kidding of course. What about the waterfront site downtown that the marlins passed on? Anyway i think shalala signed a long term deal with sun life so it is what it is at this point.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami knew about shapiro. shalala probably hooked it up on purpose to kill the fb program. I hate that clinton-cum swallowing bitch

canefangary

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was stunned when Miami first hired Golden. He was good at Temple, but never knew why a program like Miami would have to reach all the way down to get him, and thought that Golden should have a few years at a lesser BCS team before being invited to a powerhouse.

Thinking back on it, is it possible Miami already knew of what was coming, and wouldn't want to hire a coach with enough reputation and the ability to instantly bolt to another major program at the first sign of trouble?

if Miami thought they were gonna get hit before Golden why would they fire shannon and still have to pay him after he left??

you let shannon ride the train to probation and then hire a hero a year or two before they get off probation to build the team back up with no expectations to win or lose but just compete, gee where have I seen that done before:L