• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anybody else notice this about Kentucky?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody else notice that Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee barely played during the NCAA tournament.

And that Marcus lee has only played spot minutes all year?

The depth and size of UK was thus greatly exaggerated. I think they were a victim of the media unjustifiably pumping them up all year and getting their fans all wound up.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duplicate post...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody else notice that Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee barely played during the NCAA tournament.

And that Marcus lee has only played spot minutes all year?

The depth and size of UK was thus greatly exaggerated. I think they were a victim of the media unjustifiably pumping them up all year and getting their fans all wound up.

It's the format. Final 4 gets a week off and the games get more commercial breaks. Less need for depth in the game. Saying Dakari didn't play much, doesn't mean that 90% of teams wouldn't love to have him as their 3rd big man.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the format. Final 4 gets a week off and the games get more commercial breaks. Less need for depth in the game. Saying Dakari didn't play much, doesn't mean that 90% of teams wouldn't love to have him as their 3rd big man.

Dakari Johnson would have been Villanova's starting center.

But that's what I'm saying. The hype for UK was that their depth and size would wear any team down. But unless you watched them all year, you never realized their bench bigs barely played.

Whether or not that was a good idea by Cal, I'm not sure.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dakari Johnson would have been Villanova's starting center.

But that's what I'm saying. The hype for UK was that their depth and size would wear any team down. But unless you watched them all year, you never realized their bench bigs barely played.

Whether or not that was a good idea by Cal, I'm not sure.

They played All year, just not as much in the tourney