• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diamondbacks in on Garza?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe something like Holmberg, Owings, and a couple somewhat valuable lower level guys could get it done? I'd be down for that. Wonder if we could throw Kennedy in there just for the hell of it.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kennedy holmberg a lower level prospect

BOOM

That should be the deal and I would totally do it

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kennedy holmberg a lower level prospect

Yeah this is the absolute most I would offer them if I were DBacks GM, especially for a rental. If they want Owings too, that's no deal for me.

The interesting thing about Garza right now is that most teams that are rumored to be involved would have him as a rental. That is for the moment driving the price down, especially now that the Rangers decided not to give up Perez for him and really don't have much else to offer.

I wouldn't give up Skaggs for Garza. In fact fuck Garza. Didn't he hate on our State? We can do better.

Yeah he is a hater.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy is probably way more likely than Garza. Towers likes adding players that he is familiar with (see Heath Bell). He would be a lot cheaper than Garza as well and he had great success in the NL West before the injuries started hitting him. I'd take that risk.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy is probably way more likely than Garza. Towers likes adding players that he is familiar with (see Heath Bell). He would be a lot cheaper than Garza as well and he had great success in the NL West before the injuries started hitting him. I'd take that risk.

ditto orange, DITTO.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also like that he is under control for longer. I just hope that if we do get him, he works out better than KT's other BFF Bell. :doh:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hilarious, on twitter there are reporters citing sources that Garza has been traded. Only problem is I see them confirming like 4 different teams. :laugh3:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... do you have the link or links?

First some LA reporter I haven't heard of:

Then some Chicago insider said this:

Which caused 2 different insiders (one for the Indians and one for the Blue Jays) to say they were close / favored. The Indians one is funny, he said Bauer "might" be part of the deal. I need to find that link.

And of course we have been hearing the Rangers were favorites for days now.

All because Jim Bowden of ESPN said this:

• The biggest name out there right now is Chicago Cubs right-hander Matt Garza, and I'm told there is an 80 percent chance he is traded before his next start, which is scheduled to come next Monday or Tuesday in Arizona.

Gotta love sports rumors! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First some LA reporter I haven't heard of:

Then some Chicago insider said this:

Which caused 2 different insiders (one for the Indians and one for the Blue Jays) to say they were close / favored. The Indians one is funny, he said Bauer "might" be part of the deal. I need to find that link.

And of course we have been hearing the Rangers were favorites for days now.

All because Jim Bowden of ESPN said this:

Gotta love sports rumors! :)

Haha... fail. I love this time of year though, I can't wait for trades to start going down. Though I must admit the whole 2 Wild Card thing has sort of slowed the trade deadline down big time... lots of teams not sure if they are buyers or sellers yet. :lame:

Last edited by a moderator: