• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devonta Freeman might skip the season for more money

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I thought he already was out of the league. Players are getting so greedy but with Mahomes getting his deal (rightfully so) then demands are going to skyrocket!

Only because he played here in town I knew he had not been picked up.

I peeked in on Mahomes deal details and it's so loaded with roster bonuses that it's not even funny, but at his age, unless his skills fall off drastically, he's going to cash a LOT of that contract.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a play on the tree falling in the forest?

I'm on board saying he's done unless he take the market offers.
Yes. I thought "if Devonta Freeman falls in the forest will anyone hear it" was a little too obvious

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really smart idea for 28 year old RB who averaged 3.9 YPC last season and spent 2018 injured.

You're a marginal player at the most replaceable position in the sport AND historically past your prime.

He'll wind-up signing a deal for less than the one he would have gotten in Seattle. Whether that be this season or next.

I've heard many Freeman interviews locally and my guess is he won't play this season unless something in his personal finances change to force his hand. Next season...maybe SEA's number or whatever the market offers will look a whole lot better to him, but he just doesn't come off as a guy that needs to play football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard many Freeman interviews locally and my guess is he won't play this season unless something in his personal finances change to force his hand. Next season...maybe SEA's number or whatever the market offers will look a whole lot better to him, but he just doesn't come off as a guy that needs to play football.

That's fair enough. Perhaps he was smart enough with his money, has a number in mind, and won't risk his body for anything less.

And it does sound weird typing out that a guy is past his prime at 28 freakin years old. However, that's just a harsh reality for RB's. Even the good ones start to flame out around then.