• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devin Hester?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, he is mostly just a special teams guy and I can't imagine he would be super expensive. With the possibility of Golden Tate departing and the injury concerns with Percy Harvin, should the Seahawks consider bringing Hester in to return kicks and punts? It may make sense to keep Harvin to WR duties due to injury concerns.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, he is mostly just a special teams guy and I can't imagine he would be super expensive. With the possibility of Golden Tate departing and the injury concerns with Percy Harvin, should the Seahawks consider bringing Hester in to return kicks and punts? It may make sense to keep Harvin to WR duties due to injury concerns.

Short term deal sure… He'll be 32 next Nov so he's not gonna have those same legs as before.. BUT still dangerous… Percy will have the kickoff duties though I"m sure… He's just to dam explosive not to have back there…

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harvin's healthy enough to be out there then he should be returning kicks. He's the best returner in the league and we're going to see teams trying to squib kick it or put it in the corner which is going to mean good field position when they go out of bounds or are short.

If we do just put him in as a WR then we should just draft someone to return kicks. Hester had a couple of great years and has been riding off of his reputation since then.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Harvin's healthy enough to be out there then he should be returning kicks. He's the best returner in the league and we're going to see teams trying to squib kick it or put it in the corner which is going to mean good field position when they go out of bounds or are short.

If we do just put him in as a WR then we should just draft someone to return kicks. Hester had a couple of great years and has been riding off of his reputation since then.

:agree: At any point in his career, Hester was nothing more than a return guy. He was great at it and is still pretty good but his best days are behind him and he is an awful receiver.His agent would want way more than he's worth. Lots of guys can return kicks. You can draft rookie WR's and teach them how. It happens all the time in this league. Anyway, I would much rather have the threat of Harvin back there over Hester and Harvin is far more likely to get hurt as a WR anyway. The fear of injury really shouldn't play into a decision either, imo.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: At any point in his career, Hester was nothing more than a return guy. He was great at it and is still pretty good but his best days are behind him and he is an awful receiver.His agent would want way more than he's worth. Lots of guys can return kicks. You can draft rookie WR's and teach them how. It happens all the time in this league. Anyway, I would much rather have the threat of Harvin back there over Hester and Harvin is far more likely to get hurt as a WR anyway. The fear of injury really shouldn't play into a decision either, imo.

agree he has never proven to be anything more then a return guy. As of now he have a better return guy when healthy so I dont really see the point or the fit.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Hester, as he only fills the KR/PR need of the team, but as a special teamer I would rather have him back there than Harvin for several reasons.

1) Harvin has missed 22 games the last 2 years (not including playoffs) where Hester has missed 5 his entire career.

2) I feel Harvin is much more important as a WR on offense than he is on special teams. I know he's explosive on returns, but his explosion will be more needed on offense (especially since we still don't know Tate's fate).

3) Hester also returns punts, which allows the team to only carry one returner. His 14.2 yards per return last year was higher than all but 1 year (Carlos Rodgers, 1999) for any individual returner with 20 more more returns. His 27.6 KOR average last year would have also been higher than all but 1 (Leon Washington, 2012).

4) Despite people considering him old and having lost a step, other than the actual TD returns, Hester had what was arguably his second best return season of his career.

Whoever ends up with him will have a top of the line kick returner. I really don't see Seattle going after him, but he's gonna fill a role for someone, and I really hope it isn't with SF, ARI or STL.