• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Red Wings Vs LA Kings Jan 11, 2014

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
300px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png
Vs
$(KGrHqFHJF!E-oCZ0jf!BPz-lNlKtQ~~60_35.JPG

@
Staples-Center-at-night.jpg

10:30PM ET/7:30PM PT - LOCAL COVERAGE FSW/LOCAL RADIO KTLK AM 1150

PREVIEW:Detroit Red Wings vs. Los Angeles Kings - Preview - January 11, 2014 - ESPN Los Angeles

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STH's or attendees - let us know if Staples is inundated with Red Wings "fans" now that they are an average team compared to when they were a powerhouse.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

This team is determined to have to fight to finish third in the pacific division.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings always (well almost) do poorly on Saturdays at home
Too much partying on Friday?

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night Irene.. hello 4th place.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story, different game.

45 shots.. one goal.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STH's or attendees - let us know if Staples is inundated with Red Wings "fans" now that they are an average team compared to when they were a powerhouse.

Yep. The red and white clad Michigan transplants were there in force. Just as many as there were Bruins fans for sure and a lot louder once they tied the game in the first. Thank goodness they've moved to the Eastern Conference and we only have to put up with that once a season. I think it's going to take more than just one or two down years to dampen their enthusiasm. More likely they'll have to miss the playoffs for a few years in a row.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The red and white clad Michigan transplants were there in force. Just as many as there were Bruins fans for sure and a lot louder once they tied the game in the first. Thank goodness they've moved to the Eastern Conference and we only have to put up with that once a season. I think it's going to take more than just one or two down years to dampen their enthusiasm. More likely they'll have to miss the playoffs for a few years in a row.

Ox

O'Neal and O'Donnell had a group of them behind them in the post game, O'Neal was clearly flustered and had the camera guys take a break. He's a pansy though so not surprised, I bet O'Donnell would have had some nice words for them and probably did off screen.

Typical Red Wing fashion though to stay quiet until that second goal, big reason I can't stand them or 49er fans - nowhere to be found when things aren't "right".

As for the game, I'm tired of hearing the Kings outshot Team X 400-4 but it's 3-2 the other team. This team needs to augment their defensive style a little bit to generate more scoring chances. Either that or bury what minimal chances they get.

My gut tells me we are about to see a move made for some offense. And Jake Muzzin was absolutely wrecked on the play that started the game winning goal. I hope he is the one that moves, he causes too many of these types of plays that end up in the net.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game, I'm tired of hearing the Kings outshot Team X 400-4 but it's 3-2 the other team. This team needs to augment their defensive style a little bit to generate more scoring chances. Either that or bury what minimal chances they get.

That's kinda my point. 45 shots don't matter if you can't put the damn thing in the net. I would not care if they had only 15 shots a game on net, just so long as they consistently score on 4 of them.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda my point. 45 shots don't matter if you can't put the damn thing in the net. I would not care if they had only 15 shots a game on net, just so long as they consistently score on 4 of them.

I'm with you man, I don't care how many shots the Kings get because honestly so many of them are either low percentage shots or are one and done chances.

The goals need to be scored from sustained pressure, 1,2,3,4 shots in a row and generating chances. The Kings make opposing goalies look too good on the stat sheet with the mentality they have, not to mention they keep giving up "first NHL goal" to so many players. I mean Riley Sheahan? Who the hell is this guy? The Kings allow too many of those guys to bask.

There is something wrong with this team, and I don't know exactly where it is but they need to move someone and get a scoring player. I'm not a fan of high profile rentals because the cost is so much, but I'd be willing to look at Vanek right now to get some offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Puck I take exception the 49er fans not there when shit aint right. I have been a fan through and through. Watched Grbac, Rattay, Garcia, Smith. OC's Raye and Turner.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck I take exception the 49er fans not there when shit aint right. I have been a fan through and through. Watched Grbac, Rattay, Garcia, Smith. OC's Raye and Turner.

I'm going to say you're rare. The Niners have been irrelevant for over 2 decades and I didn't hear a peep from any fans until the last 2-3 years. All of a sudden they have come out in droves and the majority act like the 49ers have already won when in reality they haven't, cocky bunch.

I will say though three NFC Championship appearances in a row is impressive, now they have to get it done. And don't even get me started on Harbaugh, that guy whines and cries more than an infant.

The Giants shut them up in 2012, the Ravens in 2013 and I'm hoping the Seahawks in 2014. I can't stand them and don't really care for the other teams left so as long as the 49ers sniff it but don't get it again I'm happy.

=)~~

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
HA you need to come over to the Niners board, quite a few people you see on there are "rare" like me. Harbs whines a lot but he wears his emotion on his sleeve, nothing wrong with a passionate coach. Hawks are a bunch of roid coached a-holes. I hope SF finally shuts Seattles trap.