• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Detroit @ Mariners: 5/17 - 5/20

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steroids or PED's don't bug me in the least because they are great to recover and is legal with a prescription. But I understand people who are pissed off with it. O may be in the minority on this but Cano got paid, so in a round about way he was using trying to help the M's win instead of doing it for selfish reasons unlike guys who noone cares about they used like David Ortiz.

I guess I just am unable to see it that way even though I know what you are getting at. I also am not naïve enough to think that there aren't many other using that haven't been caught. At the same time I don't think its unfair to hold him to a higher standard. He was essentially the face of the franchise and paid like it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just am unable to see it that way even though I know what you are getting at. I also am not naïve enough to think that there aren't many other using that haven't been caught. At the same time I don't think its unfair to hold him to a higher standard. He was essentially the face of the franchise and paid like it.

I completely agree he should be punished as it is against the rules. Just morally I don't have an issue with it. But I won't begrudge any fan who holds it against him and wants to boo him or blame him for the season.

Separate note though, if baseball wants to really punish players then then next CBA no more being able to count the DL and MLB needs to grow balls and fight to void the entire contracts.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree he should be punished as it is against the rules. Just morally I don't have an issue with it. But I won't begrudge any fan who holds it against him and wants to boo him or blame him for the season.

Separate note though, if baseball wants to really punish players then then next CBA no more being able to count the DL and MLB needs to grow balls and fight to void the entire contracts.

Yea I completely agree I just don't see the players ever agreeing to such a thing. Regardless I could easily see a strike in a few years or whenever the CBA is up. If this winter was any indication the players and owners aren't exactly on the same page.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I completely agree I just don't see the players ever agreeing to such a thing. Regardless I could easily see a strike in a few years or whenever the CBA is up. If this winter was any indication the players and owners aren't exactly on the same page.

Totally agree that the MLBPA would think about it but in today's climate I don't think they could possibly win a strike. They wouldn't go for voiding contracts but if MLB gave concessions in term of earlier pay with service time etc. Players were upset that Manfred is going all Goodell and making rules up as he goes and they think collusion happened to keep huge contracts like previous year (even though a guy like Nicassio got contract he didn't deserve.)

If they pay players earlier then there shouldn't be a huge issue with that, as long as the owners don't mention salary cap some agreement could be made that works for both sides. This next CBA is huge for the future of baseball, soccer is outpacing baseball with participation at the youth level. Neither side can afford to be too greedy if they don't want to become the MLS.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Goedel was claimed by the Dodgers today.

Also Cruz is back and Gordon is at 2nd base for the first time this year.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Cruz is back and I'm hoping Gordan does a number on 2b. Goeddel barely had time to change uni's :heh:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Goedel was claimed by the Dodgers today.

Also Cruz is back and Gordon is at 2nd base for the first time this year.
The lower half of that sounds like some good shit.

The top half of that pisses me off

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A relive with a sub 2 ERA got claimed???? Hard to believe... Only the Mariners who need bullpen arms release a guy who was actually pitching well compared to what is still around. Now DIPoto can trade Evan White for a 35 year old arm that a losing team doesn't even use.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan since my first game in 83 with my dad. I've been very negative thus far towards this team. No way am I trying to say the players are not trying but year in and year out this shit continues and I'm tired of it. FO goes out of their way in the winter to put a pen together that sucks again!. Credit is due for the pieces on offence. The pen is terrible so far and I'm not sure its a fluke. Get rid of a guy with a sub 2 ERA but keep guy's with 5+ ERA's. They will never admit they spent WAY to much money on a below avg pen.

Last edited:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A relive with a sub 2 ERA got claimed???? Hard to believe... Only the Mariners who need bullpen arms release a guy who was actually pitching well compared to what is still around. Now DIPoto can trade Evan White for a 35 year old arm that a losing team doesn't even use.
Doesn't make any sense what so ever. I've given up trying to make any logical sense for many of the decisions/moves dipstick makes. An ex neighbor of ours moved to Anaheim some years ago and when Dipoto came to Seattle he told me that I would be very disappointed with him as the GM and that he was dishonest and made inconsistent decisions and made Scioscia's job miserable. Not listening or trusting him and didn't support him much at all.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make any sense what so ever. I've given up trying to make any logical sense for many of the decisions/moves dipstick makes. An ex neighbor of ours moved to Anaheim some years ago and when Dipoto came to Seattle he told me that I would be very disappointed with him as the GM and that he was dishonest and made inconsistent decisions and made Scioscia's job miserable. Not listening or trusting him and didn't support him much at all.

After your post, went on google and looked a little about Dip and the Angles. Looks like your friend was right. Major tension with the manager that led to his moving on and some really odd moves. The guy had a 4+ ERA in his playing days. Will our manager do the same?...Stay tuned..

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time...Let's get that 24 mil to work and get it done tonight baby!

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Ive started watching brooklyn 99 recently and that is looking way more appealing than this shit show.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After your post, went on google and looked a little about Dip and the Angles. Looks like your friend was right. Major tension with the manager that led to his moving on and some really odd moves. The guy had a 4+ ERA in his playing days. Will our manager do the same?...Stay tuned..

To be fair, in almost all cases better players make terrible personnel guys. Dipoto's biggest weakness is he thinks he is so much smarter than every other baseball guy ever.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Ive started watching brooklyn 99 recently and that is looking way more appealing than this shit show.

Enjoy it while you can because they cancelled it after this year....lol.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC picked it up for a 6th season

I missed that. I don't watch the show but was looking at all the cancellations which Fox canceled. Well enjoy then because Mariners will still be in reruns for decades to come. :)

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just so Mariners- Fulmer is 1-3 this season in 8 starts and has an ERA of 4.37 and he is killing our offense. Even the 2nd time through he's making the M's look like dog poo.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I stuck around