• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im reading reddit correctly, there is a PVP mode coming sometime in the future with no Supers and no radar and strictly k/d. Seems like a backwards move but at the same time....I can see it being quite popular

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the "download" of the DLC took less than a second, and the install just as long.

Tell me WHO doesn't think this was simply disk locked content? :pound:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the "download" of the DLC took less than a second, and the install just as long.

FWIW...most of the rest was probably thrown in the patch from last week.

If Im reading reddit correctly, there is a PVP mode coming sometime in the future with no Supers and no radar and strictly k/d. Seems like a backwards move but at the same time....I can see it being quite popular

Now only if they eliminated "killcams". IE - make it a hardcore mode.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a patch about two or three weeks ago that was about 2.5 GB. I would say that was the bulk of the DLC although I'm sure there there was some content that was unlocked from the original download.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically put this game down 2-3 weeks into owning it. It's too bland overall to keep me interested.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically put this game down 2-3 weeks into owning it. It's too bland overall to keep me interested.

People either like skinner box games or they don't. To each their own.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sick of the radar in PVP --- ruins it if you ask me. It allows people with no skill to be aware that you're coming to kill them. Radar should act like it does in every other PVP -- shots show up on radar. The end. The fact that you can detect movement just ruins it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like some of the changes they made with the DLC and the latest update. Being able to buy materials now is fantastic -- no more crate mining. That was dumb as shit. I also like that the weapons from the venders are better but also harder to get. That seems like an obvious duh from the beginning. Once you got to level like 22 the vender stuff was pointless.

I haven't been able to actually play the new strike or new maps yet but the little taste of it I got from playing 20 minutes on Tuesday was that they made some significant improvements and continue to listen to fan complaints. BUT, they still need to add match making to the raids. Like 1/3 of the game are the raids and I still haven't been able to play them because I don't know 6 friends who have the game on xbox one. That's a huge problem. And while they did add the voice channel to the game, it's still hard to get 6 people going.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like some of the changes they made with the DLC and the latest update. Being able to buy materials now is fantastic -- no more crate mining. That was dumb as shit. I also like that the weapons from the venders are better but also harder to get. That seems like an obvious duh from the beginning. Once you got to level like 22 the vender stuff was pointless.

I haven't been able to actually play the new strike or new maps yet but the little taste of it I got from playing 20 minutes on Tuesday was that they made some significant improvements and continue to listen to fan complaints. BUT, they still need to add match making to the raids. Like 1/3 of the game are the raids and I still haven't been able to play them because I don't know 6 friends who have the game on xbox one. That's a huge problem. And while they did add the voice channel to the game, it's still hard to get 6 people going.

Use reddit.com/r/fireteams & destinylfg to find people to raid with. I've used it numerous times.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the Crota Raid today. What a pain the arse. Also discovered a way to cheese the bridge and gatekeepers.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually trying to complete that Jug bounty you get from Xur after completing the story in the expansion. It's harder than anything else I've tried so far in this game.

You have to go to the Skywatch portion on the Earth Patrol and basically wait around for 1 of the two events to happen -- either some massive war starts between the enemy characters and Urzok spawns in the middle of it -- or -- an Event happens and some pod comes down that you have to defend and Urzok pops up in the middle of it.

Either thing is incredibly hard. Yesterday I was with 3 level 30's, me (level 29) and my friend (level 29) and we couldn't put a dent in him. He has the Blue shield and even my rocket launcher with couldn't take it down enough to kill him. There are guys with swords that pop up with him that if you kill you get the sword -- but the entire time he's chasing you and they never leave his side so it's incredibly hard. Even if you kill one, he's right there. And on top of it all, it's timed. After a few minutes the event is over and he goes away. If you don't kill him before the event ends, you lose. Then you're stuck waiting around for another 30 minutes for another event to happen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually trying to complete that Jug bounty you get from Xur after completing the story in the expansion. It's harder than anything else I've tried so far in this game.

You have to go to the Skywatch portion on the Earth Patrol and basically wait around for 1 of the two events to happen -- either some massive war starts between the enemy characters and Urzok spawns in the middle of it -- or -- an Event happens and some pod comes down that you have to defend and Urzok pops up in the middle of it.

Either thing is incredibly hard. Yesterday I was with 3 level 30's, me (level 29) and my friend (level 29) and we couldn't put a dent in him. He has the Blue shield and even my rocket launcher with couldn't take it down enough to kill him. There are guys with swords that pop up with him that if you kill you get the sword -- but the entire time he's chasing you and they never leave his side so it's incredibly hard. Even if you kill one, he's right there. And on top of it all, it's timed. After a few minutes the event is over and he goes away. If you don't kill him before the event ends, you lose. Then you're stuck waiting around for another 30 minutes for another event to happen.
Striker, Armamentarium, Flash Grenades and Murmur (or better) Fusion Rifle on Arc was my setup. I had 2 other people there and we had a couple of deaths but we did it the first try. There is a cave where a lot of Shanks come out of and you can shoot them easily before they start flying around.

The bounty mission after you do that is pretty sweet. I just have to wait for Xur again to get the reward.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that Jug Bounty mission on the Moon, don't do it solo. Its easier with a fireteam...you just cant hit that many hive solo without going down. The only way I was able to do it solo was wit the Helm of Saint 14 and even that wasnt a walk in the park. Im not even sure its possible to do without a fireteam or the Helm.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Striker, Armamentarium, Flash Grenades and Murmur (or better) Fusion Rifle on Arc was my setup. I had 2 other people there and we had a couple of deaths but we did it the first try. There is a cave where a lot of Shanks come out of and you can shoot them easily before they start flying around.

The bounty mission after you do that is pretty sweet. I just have to wait for Xur again to get the reward.

Yup, just did it tonight after work. When I got there, there was like 5 other people waiting. So when he finally came out we made quick work of him. The last mission was intense, though I did that alone and in one try. I was impressed. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. But now I'm stuck waiting for Xur as well.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that Jug Bounty mission on the Moon, don't do it solo. Its easier with a fireteam...you just cant hit that many hive solo without going down. The only way I was able to do it solo was wit the Helm of Saint 14 and even that wasnt a walk in the park. Im not even sure its possible to do without a fireteam or the Helm.

I did it solo without really knowing what was going to come at me -- on the first try no less. The last word really helped take out guys quick and I did OK. The knights/wizards were the hardest part though. I kept running around the edge of the map to get my health back and avoid those damn green death circles.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i used a lot of jetpacking for the kinght wave, and then went and camped at the entrance and sniped at wizards when they came out

took me dying twice, but i figured it out solo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it solo without really knowing what was going to come at me -- on the first try no less. The last word really helped take out guys quick and I did OK. The knights/wizards were the hardest part though. I kept running around the edge of the map to get my health back and avoid those damn green death circles.
Its funny how difficulty seems to be relative on this game. The part you had troubles with a took down like a boss with no issues the first time but then the second part seemed really difficult to me so I just went back to my Saint 14 crutch against the Hive. I did do it on the first time with the Helm of Saint 14 but that almost feels like cheating against mostly melee only enemies.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was able to solo the first 2 portions of the Crota's End Raid.... but I only got Shards & Energies. :/

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xur's Warlock Clawn Gauntlets and the Ruin Wings are both worth picking up.

It still floors me how much of the end game is multiplayer content that takes awhile to set up. They do realize that people have jobs and kids, right?