• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DESTINY and DYNASTY!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How else do you explain it... Seriously, we were left to rot with 4 minutes left in the game down by 13 points...

DESTINY

• 3:52 remaining in the game RW has two big throws to Lynch and Baldwin to march the Hawks down the field for a quick score resulting in a 1 yard TD run by RW
  • Hawks recover onside kick
  • big run by RW capping the drive off with a 24 yard Lynch TD run
  • 2 pt conversion converted by nothing short of a miracle...
  • Hawks win coin toss and elect to receive
  • RW deep down the field to Baldwin for 35 yard gain
  • 3rd and 7, RW to Kearse for the game winning TD for 35 yards
DYNASTY
  • Hawks only team to go to SB B2B since the Patriots in '04
  • These guys have been dominating the past few years
  • People tend to forget the amazing comeback led by RW in that Falcons lost in the postseason a few years ago... Too bad the LOB couldn't hold the Falcons on that last drive
  • A win for the Hawks, would put them into the Dynasty discussion

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a dynasty until they win another Super Bowl. That's gonna be a tall order going up against the Pats.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was destiny man. The football gods have our back.

This is for all the painful heart breaks in the past!

Somehow this is for Arthur Rhodes giving up that homerun in Yankee stadium too

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would need to win in 2 weeks and then win another Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years to really be considered a dynasty.

Things that stand the test of time generally need to be done in groups of 3.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a dynasty until they win another Super Bowl. That's gonna be a tall order going up against the Pats.

That's why I said, "A win for the Hawks, would put them in a dynasty discussion"... :D

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said, "A win for the Hawks, would put them in a dynasty discussion"... :D

Maybe I should read before I post stuff. That'd probably be a good idea.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like where we stand. Go Hawks. Watching OT replay right now. F'n amazing.

aaron81182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I must say, to me this game contained the most drama i have ever seen watching professional sports. The emotional ups and downs were tremendous, and anxiety filled. Its still all so surreal. A soap opera feeling that leaves you with that grin. Realizing your team, the Seahawks, are once again Super Bowl bound.
Finally, and I hate to say this but NE absolutely scares me. More, in fact, than any other team we could be playing against. I would rather watch us playing any team other than NE. The Bill Belichick factor has us pitted against arguably the greatest coaching mind to ever walk on a football field (Hands down imho).
Luckily for us its a team game. Can we put it together and dare I say shadow the patriots of a decade ago?
What a great game this will be. With "one for the ages" written all over it!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took until after the postgame show for the adrenaline to wear off and for my heartrate to settle back down. After the Hawks won the Super Bowl last year, I was up all night because I couldn't calm down. Being a sports fan is exhausting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 12 points late. 12th team to make it to back to back SB's. Held #12 in check all game on defense.

Lots of things to point to that could be used as destiny, but no matter what you want to call it for now I'll just stick with thankful we were on this side of the best comeback in NFCCG history and just savor the moment.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, to me this game contained the most drama i have ever seen watching professional sports. The emotional ups and downs were tremendous, and anxiety filled. Its still all so surreal. A soap opera feeling that leaves you with that grin. Realizing your team, the Seahawks, are once again Super Bowl bound.
Finally, and I hate to say this but NE absolutely scares me. More, in fact, than any other team we could be playing against. I would rather watch us playing any team other than NE. The Bill Belichick factor has us pitted against arguably the greatest coaching mind to ever walk on a football field (Hands down imho).
Luckily for us its a team game. Can we put it together and dare I say shadow the patriots of a decade ago?
What a great game this will be. With "one for the ages" written all over it!
I am not in fear of the Pats whatsoever.
I respect them naturally but we are the absolute kickass team.
This game has Seahawk victory written on it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still felt emotionally drained today. Everyone at work looked that way too.

I really can't see us beginning to use the "dynasty" tag till we win another SB. That being said, for any team to make it to back to back superbowls and win them in the salary cap era is a massive achievement. Worthy of the dynasty tag.

But as defenses go, I think we've hit the dynasty tag as were one of the best historical defenses in the meaningful stats they are judged by. Period.