• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desjardins new coach of Vanloser

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole Penguins situation is comedy - they fire Bylsma, hire a GM who self-admitted is a short term solution (Rutherford), strike out on Plan A, Plan B and who knows what else and now just seem clueless as to what they are looking for.

Desjardin turned down the Penguins, something tells me the egos in that locker room had a lot do with that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole Penguins situation is comedy - they fire Bylsma, hire a GM who self-admitted is a short term solution (Rutherford), strike out on Plan A, Plan B and who knows what else and now just seem clueless as to what they are looking for.

Desjardin turned down the Penguins, something tells me the egos in that locker room had a lot do with that.

I think he knows whomever becomes our next coach is going to be setup for failure. Next season will be the worst season for the Pens since 2003-04, watch...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough spot to be in for sure - no coach wants to be put in a possible losing situation, not to mention the lack of job security. The problem is the coaching pool shrunk real fast on Pittsburgh, and really all that's available is the old coach Bylsma.

I don't think a re-hire is in the works.

=)~~

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough spot to be in for sure - no coach wants to be put in a possible losing situation, not to mention the lack of job security. The problem is the coaching pool shrunk real fast on Pittsburgh, and really all that's available is the old coach Bylsma.

I don't think a re-hire is in the works.

=)~~

Probably no rehire. I would just name our minor league coach, John Hynes, the coach for this year. He's been my #1 choice all along.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you guys got Mike Johnston of the Portland Winterhawks:

Pittsburgh Penguins to hire Mike Johnston as coach - ESPN

He was an assistant coach with LA under Crawford from 2006-08. In the sense that it gets him into the NHL head coach arena, it's good for him.

Even if he doesn't stay long term based on Rutherford's 2-3 year window if he does well and is let go (whether by management or when Rutherford leaves and his replacement wants his own man) he will at least be in the same NHL head coaches pool. He has no NHL experience although 9 years as an assistant in Vancouver and LA. From his standpoint, this is a great opportunity for him to audition himself at least or establish himself at best.

Hope it works out for the Penguins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, good luck with Sid, Malkin and the rest....