• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo I agree but this world has become soft and very flat. And who cares if they are different sports this is becoming a thing if you haven’t noticed. I mean fucking Eli said bo thanks to SD and he got his wish..different situation but when I player gets disgruntled they usually get traded eventually but when a star gets disgruntled they for sure are getting their wish.

If the rumors are true I GUARANTEE he won’t be playing another regular season game for Houston
LOL about the "If" for a out and then giving a "guarantee". We'll both have forgotten this exchange by the time it gets settled, but I predict Watson stays in Houston barring a most excellent offer from someone. No reason not to trade him if it makes football sense, but I don't see them as being "forced" to do shit because he's crying.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL about the "If" for a out and then giving a "guarantee". We'll both have forgotten this exchange by the time it gets settled, but I predict Watson stays in Houston barring a most excellent offer from someone. No reason not to trade him if it makes football sense, but I don't see them as being "forced" to do shit because he's crying.
I WONT EVERY FORGET!!

But how true are these rumors...right now I can’t say, he seems like a good guy but maybe he hates the organization and I really don’t blame him. People hate their organization more than Watson, he seems like a truly good guy

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to quit thinking of it from the 49er's perspective and think of it from Houston's perspective. There is no chance from Houston's perspective that they would even start calling the 49ers with their picks if they have the Jets and Dolphins interested (and why would either of those teams not be interested). But we can disagree if you want.

As far as Watson playing hardball. The NFL changed the rules this last season on holdouts. He isn't missing games and he isn't missing more than 4 days of camp. It costs him SO MUCH money if he does.

Some of the big new rules are fines and accrued season in the new CBA for holdouts. Holdouts are fined 40K a day and it is no longer waivable like it always was in the past. And that is only for the first 10 days of a holdout. After that there is a clause that says the fine goes up significantly but it doesn't spell out what significantly is. But it probably has to do with a percentage of your base pay (and all Watson's pay is base pay).

Heck I kind of want someone to hold out so that we can understand what significantly means moving forward.

And if he misses more than 4 days of camp, he automatically loses an accrued season. When he retires and his benefits are figured out, it will be like he never even played football in 2021. Even if he plays in all 16 games.

And him holding out would also allow Houston to void all guarantees in his deal while still keeping him under contract. And all his money is ties to future guarantees. And knowing NFL players, he probably has a loan out that promised against those guarantees.

Him holding out just isn't an option. He can be a pain in the ass in the media, he can be a pain in the ass in the locker room, but he isn't sitting out. And he isn't going to go out and play half ass because that would piss off his teammates.
The 49ers don't need to wait for a call. They can call Houston.

Also what if there is a Covid opt out this next season?

Lots of things can, will and may happen this offseason unlike what we have seen in years past due to Covid and the cap.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I don't think the teams have any obligation to keep their star player "in the loop" or consult with him or any of that BS. Having said that, I can see wanting out of that organization for other reasons though. I think the Texans have a stench about them. McNair is just like his old man, a piece of shit redneck and Easterby is his lapdog. The team is a loser through and through and has no way of getting better in the near future due in part to that massive contract they gave DeShaun obviously but also by giving away Hopkinsfor a bag of peanuts.
The more I thimk about it, that move was likely signed onto by McNair and Easterby and Buttchin was just their scapegoat. Gave away Duane Brown for nothing only to turn around and sell their future for Tunsil. Now they reject even trying to talk to Bienemy for the coaching job or other notable candidates for GM only to hire this putz from New England that's supposedly a buddy of Easterby. From all accounts J.J. Watt appears fed up even. And the fact that Andre Johnson, who never says shit ever, comes out and says publicly what he did makes me think this franchise is a dumpster fire.
Not going so far as to say Watson has his reasons right in this but I can see wanting out of there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I don't think the teams have any obligation to keep their star player "in the loop" or consult with him or any of that BS. Having said that, I can see wanting out of that organization for other reasons though. I think the Texans have a stench about them. McNair is just like his old man, a piece of shit redneck and Easterby is his lapdog. The team is a loser through and through and has no way of getting better in the near future due in part to that massive contract they gave DeShaun obviously but also by giving away Hopkinsfor a bag of peanuts.
The more I thimk about it, that move was likely signed onto by McNair and Easterby and Buttchin was just their scapegoat. Gave away Duane Brown for nothing only to turn around and sell their future for Tunsil. Now they reject even trying to talk to Bienemy for the coaching job or other notable candidates for GM only to hire this putz from New England that's supposedly a buddy of Easterby. From all accounts J.J. Watt appears fed up even. And the fact that Andre Johnson, who never says shit ever, comes out and says publicly what he did makes me think this franchise is a dumpster fire.
Not going so far as to say Watson has his reasons right in this but I can see wanting out of there.
Houston did this to themselves, they have nobody to blame but the shitty owner, FO and bad hires. There is no reason Houston should refuse to trade Watson if he wants out going by their shit history. They trade away all their stars away for cracker jacks and ring pops

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton went 0-3 and had under a 50 % completion with 1 td/2int in his first 3 starts, sure you were writing him off? I bet you Lamar doesn't have 9 one and dones either. I never said the kid was great but admire his heart, passion and unselfishness. I'm sick of these me me QB's lately
Well I can't imagine maze head even in the same atmosphere as PM.....Arguably the greatest qb mind to ever play the game.....Even when his body was failing him, he still won a SB with his brain....The only thing quick about Maze is his feet, and that has kept him alive so far...1 probable injury away from being over....
I hope he proves me wrong and wins the SB but I know his chances of lasting 17 yrs or so like PM is about as likely as finding a tree that grows gold coins.....I'm glad we got Buffalo instead of KC but not real confident in beating them there in a night game with snow....Looks like it was Brady over BB after all though huh !!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can't imagine maze head even in the same atmosphere as PM.....Arguably the greatest qb mind to ever play the game.....Even when his body was failing him, he still won a SB with his brain....The only thing quick about Maze is his feet, and that has kept him alive so far...1 probable injury away from being over....
I hope he proves me wrong and wins the SB but I know his chances of lasting 17 yrs or so like PM is about as likely as finding a tree that grows gold coins.....I'm glad we got Buffalo instead of KC but not real confident in beating them there in a night game with snow....Looks like it was Brady over BB after all though huh !!
Maze head ? Not sure where your going with that. I get your referring to him as Blee Dat. That's you mocking him for talking Ebonics. You want to remind us he's a black dude that talks different than a old white dude like your self. You don't get how that might be offensive, especial to those posters here that are black or those respectful of those of other races other then their own, but maze head? You lose me on that one. I sincerely hope he wins the superbowl just to see you discount that. However it's doubtful you'll be here for me to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best fits for Watson are the Dolphins and Pats

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading this and getting a clearer view of the chaos in Houston...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maze head ? Not sure where your going with that. I get your referring to him as Blee Dat. That's you mocking him for talking Ebonics. You want to remind us he's a black dude that talks different than a old white dude like your self. You don't get how that might be offensive, especial to those posters here that are black or those respectful of those of other races other then their own, but maze head? You lose me on that one. I sincerely hope he wins the superbowl just to see you discount that. However it's doubtful you'll be here for me to enjoy it.

I think he means maize head , maize is corn, so assuming corn rolls hair style. Maze as you know has a completely different meaning.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading this and getting a clearer view of the chaos in Houston...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That just shows what a shitshow gets created by a lying, two-faced owner. Hires Easterby and creates a toxic culture, then after all the lies amd fake BS with the consulting firm, lets this P.O.S. go hire his buddy for GM and McNair doesn't even have the integrity to do anything about it. What a joke. And btw, this shows that the "Rooney Rule" is actually a farce and doesn't exist in the "old boys club".

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to quit thinking of it from the 49er's perspective and think of it from Houston's perspective. There is no chance from Houston's perspective that they would even start calling the 49ers with their picks if they have the Jets and Dolphins interested (and why would either of those teams not be interested). But we can disagree if you want.

As far as Watson playing hardball. The NFL changed the rules this last season on holdouts. He isn't missing games and he isn't missing more than 4 days of camp. It costs him SO MUCH money if he does.

Some of the big new rules are fines and accrued season in the new CBA for holdouts. Holdouts are fined 40K a day and it is no longer waivable like it always was in the past. And that is only for the first 10 days of a holdout. After that there is a clause that says the fine goes up significantly but it doesn't spell out what significantly is. But it probably has to do with a percentage of your base pay (and all Watson's pay is base pay).

Heck I kind of want someone to hold out so that we can understand what significantly means moving forward.

And if he misses more than 4 days of camp, he automatically loses an accrued season. When he retires and his benefits are figured out, it will be like he never even played football in 2021. Even if he plays in all 16 games.

And him holding out would also allow Houston to void all guarantees in his deal while still keeping him under contract. And all his money is ties to future guarantees. And knowing NFL players, he probably has a loan out that promised against those guarantees.

Him holding out just isn't an option. He can be a pain in the ass in the media, he can be a pain in the ass in the locker room, but he isn't sitting out. And he isn't going to go out and play half ass because that would piss off his teammates.
Your wrong on the accrued season that only really applies to FA Watson already got paid . As far as the fines they are steep but it all depends on how Pissed he is.
I fail to Understand how folks can think the team holds all the cards. If Watson wants out he can force his way out it just depends if he wants to pay the cost to force it to happen. If he does the Texans will melt like a snowball in Houston in July.
I don’t know either way but to think Watson has to step n fetch and has no choice is inaccurate.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers going all out to get him.....

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers going all out to get him.....

Not possible.....so I've been told.......

Having stated that.....I actually doubt they will go 'all out.'

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing rumors they want him and offering a package involving Bosa.

That would be a mistake I think, almost anyone else is more expendable from the defense. But it would take that kind of talent to get him so who knows.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? When was the last time a DE led his team to a Lombardi?
Don’t even think Watson is a good fit in that offense but you still need a defense to win SB and he is a huge part of that