• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Dooley is a petty bitch.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAnthony Arnett can move home for his sick dad, but only on Tennessee’s terms - Dr. Saturday - NCAAFBlog - Yahoo! Sports
"We're not denying him a release to be near his family, get a good education and play Division 1 football at the same time, but we do have a policy of not releasing players to schools we either play or recruit against."

As of right now, Tennessee isn't scheduled to play Michigan or Michigan State in the foreseeable future, and has no other Michigan natives on its roster. Granted, Michigan State and Michigan do recruit in SEC country, but so does every school in the country, including MAC schools, which have several players from Florida and other Southern states that Tennessee recruits.

So let's call this what it is: Tennessee doesn't want to release Arnett to a school he actually wants to attend because he's leaving after just a few months on campus. And that's petty.

:burt:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I read this earlier today. To me it just sounds like Dooley is butthurt about losing the kid.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Dooley pull the same crap with Bryce Brown?

Dooley is a fucking child.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Dooley was a good dude up until now. Fuck your policy, let this guy go play where the hell ever he wants and let him be close to his dad. If his dad is sick enough to where he might not live much longer, he needs to be able to go somewhere that can get him to the NFL, not Eastern Michigan. Who cares if UT recruits against Michigan or Mich st.? How does this guy effect any of that?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand holding a kid hostage that doesn't want to play for you. WHAT do you gain from that?

It doesn't matter where the kid goes, you want players that WANT to be there and bleed for your program, not kids that are guaranteed to be cancers in your locker room. Just let them go, geez

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand holding a kid hostage that doesn't want to play for you. WHAT do you gain from that?

It doesn't matter where the kid goes, you want players that WANT to be there and bleed for your program, not kids that are guaranteed to be cancers in your locker room. Just let them go, geez

Just being petty. Wasn't Dooley a lawyer? It's just in him to be picky over details and try to "win".

Hid daddy was an asshole too.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article by a "Dooley supporter" that even puts Dooley on blast:
1/2/2012 - Roy Exum: Dooley's Tragic Mistake - Opinion - Chattanoogan.com

"The people at Tennessee know he's not coming back. The coaches know, the players know, the administrators know. No matter what happens, Dee can't go back right now, not the way the situation is. They know that. We've been talking back and forth. They understand.”

In an ideal world, DeAnthony would take correspondence courses this spring to fulfill his binding Letter of Intent, apply for a hardship transfer through the NCAA, and be eligible to play next fall at a school closer to home. Michigan State and Central Michigan University are the closest to Saginaw.

But Tennessee seems intent on blocking the kid’s path. Last year UT did the same to Bryce Brown, a running back who was forced to pay his way at Kansas State this year. Before that Aaron Douglas, an All-Freshman tackle at UT, was send to a junior college before Alabama could sign him. (He died last spring before he ever played at Alabama but was a projected starter.)