• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarco Murray???

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if BUF regrets that trade right now, they could have had Murray over Shady for similar money, if they could convince him to sign there.

wait till Shady tries to dance on an ice covered field in Buffalo.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally called the whole LeSean to Mathews move an F, but with Murray coming in gotta bump it up significantly to a B+ or so. Only concern is Murray has traditionally had some injuries and is coming off a 440 carry season (inc. playoffs). Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and find another back to spell him some kind of like Seattle does with Lynch.
How do you get a B+ out of this? We get a better RB for virtually the same money and we add a MLB to boot. It's a stellar move.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is now a glut in the RB department, but with the right number of guys in there, it should help with longevity for all of 'em.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get a B+ out of this? We get a better RB for virtually the same money and we add a MLB to boot. It's a stellar move.

Changed it to B+/A-. Was solely talking about the runningback change. I think all things considered it's an A/A+ when the entire move is done. McCoy has traditionally been a bit healthier than Murray who is coming off a pretty heavy carry/reception season. I believe he was a bit banged up as well but played through it.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought 2 weeks ago we would get DeMarco Murray? We went from being spurned by Gore to getting the leading rusher in the NFL last year who fits Chip's style of back. Nice pickup although I thought they might get him a bit cheaper than they did.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. So Shady was due $10M, $7M and $8M with the bonus paid several years ago so it was pay as you go going forward. Instead they are committing $21M guaranteed with virtually the same average salary to Murray.

Not a great deal financially. There is more at risk and no money saved. But at the end of the day, I guess Kelly likes Murray better. It is nice to mess with the Cowboys at the same time.

Not sure your Shady numbers are correct? Thought it was 12 this season?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is a bigger contract than Shady just signed. Both got 5 years. Shady got 40.5. Demarco got 42. Shady got 18.25 guaranteed. Demarco got 21.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this was never about how much the RB position was getting paid - McCoy's exodus was about not running the way Chip wants to run the football. The fact that we made 2 attempts to sign cheaper options also tells me this Murray thing was not planned - it just happened the way it did. I'm excited to see how he's going to operate in this offense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this was never about how much the RB position was getting paid - McCoy's exodus was about not running the way Chip wants to run the football. The fact that we made 2 attempts to sign cheaper options also tells me this Murray thing was not planned - it just happened the way it did. I'm excited to see how he's going to operate in this offense.

Chip had some extra money after missing on Maclin. I wonder if he had to do it again would he franchise him?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure your Shady numbers are correct? Thought it was 12 this season?

The $12M is probably with prorated bonus. Eagles will have dead money against the cap for Shad y this year.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going WR round one with a guard round 2. Possibly a safety. I'm looking at the top 8 or 9 guys that play guard and one of those guys could start for us. Would anyone be upset with a Cameron Irving, Laken Tomlinson, Jeremiah Poutasi, Josue Matias, etc.?

KEVIN WHITE!!!!! OMG, if we get him AND MURREY?? This off-season will have been incredible, and chip really pulled it out. I don't think he is getting everything we could have for players we let go. But in the end, if we improves the team - I call no harm no foul.

Am I to understand that even tho there is an agreement, that Matthews has not officially signed the deal he and the eagles agreed to and could thus back out???? I like Murrey over Matthews anyways, and think Murrey/sproles is a GREAT GREAT combo. OMG, I have been calling for a power/scat back combo since McAlister and Bush almost 10 years ago.

I wonder if getting Matthews to sign would give us a bargain chip for a trade up in the draft with that contract at all? Any partners that would help us get high enough for Kevin White?

Get it signed!!!

Last edited:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rappaport just said Ryan Matthews will sign with Eagles!!! Wow we are stacked at rb!

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome move.

Chip...you needed a stud RB and you still got one + you got ILB Kiko Alonso. Fucking awesome. + Mathews? OMG.

Not to mention Maxwell, Bradford & Thurmond. We on the right path. Bandwagon jumpers need to stay the F off.

Chip wants his own team....and he is gonna have it. Cant blame him so long as he gets good players & he is.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup looks like it

Murray/Matthews/Sproles. What a 3-headed monster….

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sproles will be secretly shopped. If he can get a 5th rounder, he's gone

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore who? lol...at that clown.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Gore caught wind that Murray was coming too & backed out.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sproles will be secretly shopped. If he can get a 5th rounder, he's gone

HUGE mistake if so. Sproles was hugely productive when others were not last year. Guy was just fast, and without hesitation. He needed the ball more. I don't care if we have Murray, Matthews or both - I still want Sproles touches to increase.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles will be in Philly for 2015. After that he's gone. He'll do pretty much what he did last year. Return punts & catch it out of the backfield, with some runs sprinkled in.

Murray will be the workhorse. Mathews gets 10 a game. Polk is probably gonzo because Huff can return kicks.

Can we trade Polks rights? I dont believe so.