• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive stats

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Nebraska has definitely started to recruit a certain type of player.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was year one, this is year two. After recruiting for Big XII play he had to face B1G with undersized players. Honestly, I give 'em a pass on last season.

BS!!!! According to Bo and the players, football is football. What does that mean for the non con and the bowl games?

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not into giving any passes to our staff or team... and football is football... but changing conference and playing a full slate of strong teams we had not seen much of with their schemes is something we had to prepare for more than previous years, and although we always have to do it in OOC games, typically most teams (like us) schedule 1 or 2 tough teams OOC and have a couple or three wins by just talent edge.

Again; not trying to make excuses but seeing 11 or 12 new teams or should I say... not having any recent history with the teams we played last year.. is something that cannot be dismissed?

Will the fact that we will play most of the same teams we did last year... again this year.. translate into more wins over a year ago... not hardly... but we will at least have an understanding of what and how they go about their business... which should help from that perspective.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not into giving any passes to our staff or team... and football is football... but changing conference and playing a full slate of strong teams we had not seen much of with their schemes is something we had to prepare for more than previous years, and although we always have to do it in OOC games, typically most teams (like us) schedule 1 or 2 tough teams OOC and have a couple or three wins by just talent edge.

Again; not trying to make excuses but seeing 11 or 12 new teams or should I say... not having any recent history with the teams we played last year.. is something that cannot be dismissed?

Will the fact that we will play most of the same teams we did last year... again this year.. translate into more wins over a year ago... not hardly... but we will at least have an understanding of what and how they go about their business... which should help from that perspective.

I agree with not knowing the opponents and all that but the "not recruiting Big 10" guys is a joke in my mind. (BRS, I know you didn't say that. Just speaking generally there.)

At the same time though, they don't know us either. Granted it is not new every week for them but coaches and players only think on a week by week basis right? ;)

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the essence of Defense is just stopping the opponent, as long as that is going on, with or without the personal accolades, I don't care. With that being said we were certainly pretty slutty on D this past year. I'll bet the coaches and players are well aware of the issues at play and will probably try and improve upon them.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with not knowing the opponents and all that but the "not recruiting Big 10" guys is a joke in my mind. (BRS, I know you didn't say that. Just speaking generally there.)

At the same time though, they don't know us either. Granted it is not new every week for them but coaches and players only think on a week by week basis right? ;)

Yes; of course... :becky: but still... trying to draw a parallel here with my next ignorant comment...to relay the difference between us preparing for 11 teams vs. our opponents having to prepare for just us...

--> "It’s like us reading a very large book and remembering each chapter & page vividly vs. our opponent only having to read one chapter of said book".

Also; lolololol at Big Ten guys comment... I will take some SEC guys!

edit: and again... I am not trying to make excuses for past issues... and hope to (place your belief here), we are much better this year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bo's defenses rely heavily on two factors;

1) having a DT that's a beast
2) one lockdown corner that allows the beast DT to kill or pressure the QB

If he doesn't have both of those two factors; the defense is okay/good but not great. I don't see anyone on the roster that fills those spots right now. I'm surprised Nebraska gets any good defensive ends because he only uses them as containment (but they are too slow to actually contain a mobile QB - Robinson, Coulter, Miller, etc).

Unless somebody steps up at DT and Seesay is a lockdown; I don't see the defense getting better, in fact I see Nebraska finishing 7-5 or 6-6 because of the holes on defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he scored a 172 on the IQ exam.

So he is a genius

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compton finished great last year, as did Drew Green.. CJ and Mo are future studs as CB and Baker will play in thee NFL

FACTS

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he scored a 172 on the IQ exam.

So he is a genius

definitely...word is the code for the locker room door was supposed to change monthly. it was 4 digits (always stayed the same) then the month (ex. 01) then the year (ex. 10). it didn't make it past 0110 because martin couldn't figure out the system :L

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if that is 100% accurate but one of my buddies who was on the team told me that. even if it's not true it is still pretty funny haha

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baker should have stayed on the OL; he will be average at best in the NFL as DT. I hope Mo will be lockdown but as everyone has said Bo's defense is hard to "get". Green is not lockdown but will be adequate if Mo is as advertised. Since CJ hasn't even had a practice yet; I won't base my opinions of a high schooler who couldn't make grades...was Heard worth the wait?

Not trying to be all negative but I don't expect much this year but I hope I'm wrong. Tired of my heart being smashed 4 Saturdays a year...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker should have stayed on the OL; he will be average at best in the NFL as DT. I hope Mo will be lockdown but as everyone has said Bo's defense is hard to "get". Green is not lockdown but will be adequate if Mo is as advertised. Since CJ hasn't even had a practice yet; I won't base my opinions of a high schooler who couldn't make grades...was Heard worth the wait?

Not trying to be all negative but I don't expect much this year but I hope I'm wrong. Tired of my heart being smashed 4 Saturdays a year...

It's easier to get when you're a physical freak like Mo Seisay. If he starts from game one he will be leaning on the fact that he is bigger, stronger and faster than any other corner we have on the roster save maybe Jackson.

By early-to-mid November is where I would hope he really starts grasping what it is he needs to be doing every single down.

He's played D1 ball and he goes about his business like an upper classmen.

Mo Seisay will be rock solid IMO

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early to mid November may be too late. IF we are going to have an improved defense Seisay will be an important part of it.

Important dates - Sept 29 Oct 16 Nov 3. Getting it late November would likely mean 3 conference losses.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuuuup

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early to mid November may be too late. IF we are going to have an improved defense Seisay will be an important part of it.

Important dates - Sept 29 Oct 16 Nov 3. Getting it late November would likely mean 3 conference losses.

:nod: I just hope if what I said's true, he can lean on his physical talent to make up for it.

It's widely been speculated Bo will be doing a lot more blitzing this season. That means Mo will be playing a lot of man. It shouldn't be too tough for him to do well if that's what he's going to be asked to do.

That's why you see rookie corners start so often in the NFL. Throw them out there, tell them to stick to their man and rely on their raw physical ability.