• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive stats

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I advise everyone that didn't hear it to go listen to the Unsportsmanlike Conduct podcast from yesterday. Segment 11 with Damon Benning calling in about the issues on both lines for Nebraska.

http://1620thezone.com/page/USC_Podcast_Landing_Page/116

Last year Nebraska's defense had 10 interceptions, 43 pass breakups, 36 QB hurries, 21 sacks, and 61 tackles for loss.

The 10 INTs were the 2nd fewest INTs in the last 30 years. The fewest was in 07 with 8 INTS.

The 43 pass breakups were the 6th fewest in the last 30 years and the fewest since 1992.

The 36 QB hurries were the 2nd fewest in the last 30 years. The fewest was 08 with 32.

The 21 sacks were the 2nd fewest in the last 30 years. The fewest was in 07 with 13.

The 61 tackles for loss were the fewest since 1982.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense got steamrolled last year. :L

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I advise everyone that didn't hear it to go listen to the Unsportsmanlike Conduct podcast from yesterday. Segment 11 with Damon Benning calling in about the issues on both lines for Nebraska.

http://1620thezone.com/page/USC_Podcast_Landing_Page/116

Last year Nebraska's defense had 10 interceptions, 43 pass breakups, 36 QB hurries, 21 sacks, and 61 tackles for loss.

The 10 INTs were the 2nd fewest INTs in the last 30 years. The fewest was in 07 with 8 INTS.

The 43 pass breakups were the 6th fewest in the last 30 years and the fewest since 1992.

The 36 QB hurries were the 2nd fewest in the last 30 years. The fewest was 08 with 32.

The 21 sacks were the 2nd fewest in the last 30 years. The fewest was in 07 with 13.

The 61 tackles for loss were the fewest since 1982.

I will not make excuses for these numbers but will say that some of these numbers are a direct reflection of the package we are playing (as well as players). We have been playing (Bend don't Break) for far too long and I believe Bo will be changing this… a bit this year.

If we can get one or two of our interior line guys to step up and be beast, it should help the rest of the "D"

Let’s hope these kids were serious in strength training and conditioning this year. If they all put in the efforts (Taylor) did to become better this summer, we should field a solid team, (How solid is yet to be seen but having same “O” will help as well).

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

We won't do it for more than one game pops. It was a miracle that TO even let this one time thing occur

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM is alive

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is just now building thar image. They were a pile of turds in the past while we were steam rollin teams and establishing ourn image as thee big red machine.

Plain and simple, we have too much tradition here. We will always keep thee same unis en sech

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you jest wait and see son --- this is how it all happens

then all of the sudden ----we are like Oregone :burt:

I'm not gonna lie, if wearing shit like oregon got us better recruits I would say wear them all you want.

I don't care if they come out in drag. Just win.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has other things goin for them as well though.........like the fact that they target bluechip potheads and then Chip Kelly deals them weed on a weekly basis........and smokes with them as well.

What kid doesn't want to go to college where smokin weed is required to make the team?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not make excuses for these numbers but will say that some of these numbers are a direct reflection of the package we are playing (as well as players). We have been playing (Bend don't Break) for far too long and I believe Bo will be changing this… a bit this year.

If we can get one or two of our interior line guys to step up and be beast, it should help the rest of the "D"

Let’s hope these kids were serious in strength training and conditioning this year. If they all put in the efforts (Taylor) did to become better this summer, we should field a solid team, (How solid is yet to be seen but having same “O” will help as well).

I agree that we have turned into a bend dont break defense. But why is that? Where is the physical, tough, attacking defense that Bo is supposed to be so great at? That was year 4 and this is year 5. There is no reason he shouldn't have guys there to implement his system. I realize we have lost some great talent over the last couple of years that you can't just replace easily but for a defensive head coach like Bo to be trending his defense like this is not positive. Hopefully that changes this year.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor haz it that the Huskerz were robbed last seazon.....

Huskerz fer champz this seazon.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we have turned into a bend dont break defense. But why is that? Where is the physical, tough, attacking defense that Bo is supposed to be so great at? That was year 4 and this is year 5. There is no reason he shouldn't have guys there to implement his system. I realize we have lost some great talent over the last couple of years that you can't just replace easily but for a defensive head coach like Bo to be trending his defense like this is not positive. Hopefully that changes this year.

Actually, it was year one, this is year two. After recruiting for Big XII play he had to face B1G with undersized players. Honestly, I give 'em a pass on last season.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post was full of sarcasm, if ye didn't catch that.........by the way

Hey, it's a legit fear of our collective fanbase.

Even Texas is not immune to it.

We can ill afford a truly bad season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was year one, this is year two. After recruiting for Big XII play he had to face B1G with undersized players. Honestly, I give 'em a pass on last season.

This!

I actually give them a pass on both sides of the ball for last season. When you're getting shoved around all game you're bound to get frustrated and make some costly mistakes.