• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Coordinator...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim also saying decision likely to be 'soon'

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add John Pagano (brother of Chuck) to the list of guys we have interviewed.

John Pagano is sixth known candidate to interview for Redskins defensive coordinator

Why the hell am I getting the feeling this is going to turn into a situation where we hire like four new defensive coaches on top of the ones we already have, and come out with a coach overload situation.

BY the way IM fine with that as long as we ditch our fucked up version of the 3-4 defense.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is next the water boy. Heard they are waiting to interview Raheem Morris. Good grief.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep coming to this thread hoping someone has been announced as D.C.

who's left in the playoffs? GB, PIT, N.E.,ATL

any options from there?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep coming to this thread hoping someone has been announced as D.C.

who's left in the playoffs? GB, PIT, N.E.,ATL

any options from there?

Same here. I watched the Skins all season and that defense was horrifying. It's probably taking this long because they want to make sure they get the right guy. A lot of work has to be done, and they need to listen to every option. Personally, I think Bradley would be a good fit. Hopefully they won't do one of those stupid "co-defensive coordinator" things. Skins need to simplify the defense, not make it more confusing. They also need a guy with good scouting abilities to prepare them for the draft.

As for anyone with GB, PIT, NE and ATL, none of those have really stellar defenses. Patricia is not leaving NE for Washington (and their defensive ranking is masked by the fact they play three pretty terrible offenses in their division twice a year), GB's defense is pretty putrid, Pittsburgh's isn't too bad but I don't know who would leave that situation with the young talent, and ATL's defense isn't that great, either.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd like Gus off the table so other dominoes could fall into place.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I watched the Skins all season and that defense was horrifying. It's probably taking this long because they want to make sure they get the right guy. A lot of work has to be done, and they need to listen to every option. Personally, I think Bradley would be a good fit. Hopefully they won't do one of those stupid "co-defensive coordinator" things. Skins need to simplify the defense, not make it more confusing. They also need a guy with good scouting abilities to prepare them for the draft.

As for anyone with GB, PIT, NE and ATL, none of those have really stellar defenses. Patricia is not leaving NE for Washington (and their defensive ranking is masked by the fact they play three pretty terrible offenses in their division twice a year), GB's defense is pretty putrid, Pittsburgh's isn't too bad but I don't know who would leave that situation with the young talent, and ATL's defense isn't that great, either.

While I agree with your second point that no remaining team has any coordinators willing to leave that jump out at you, and the current defenses left in the playoff race are not that impressive, it doesn't seem Redskin Brass is waiting on any further interviews from any of those remaining coaches.

Now, about that wanting to make sure they get the right guy part...while that may be true also, as things stand now, it appears there are differences behind the scene in which all parties do not agree schematically with what our brand of defense should be. I seriously think that is the hold up because each perspective coordinator has their own background, beliefs, schemes and vision of the defense they would like to run. Because it seems Bradley really doesn't want the job (or he already would have accepted), the decision to hire one becomes complicated based on "other" factors. It is likely none of the remaining candidates presented any better than his competitors for the job and it has left the powers to be scratching their heads trying to decide which choice will be a fit for whatever scheme on defense the organization decides to go.

I think the organization is torn between defensive scheme as it pertains to player personnel & coordinator ties that each candidate is best known for. Anotherwards, the Redskins FO can't make a decision that's best for the organization because we have no identity on defense as it stands today. Yes, we were that bad this year!!!

Responsibility for this years ineptness should fall on everyone in the organization. So, let's make it right!!!

HTTR!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I watched the Skins all season and that defense was horrifying. It's probably taking this long because they want to make sure they get the right guy. A lot of work has to be done, and they need to listen to every option. Personally, I think Bradley would be a good fit. Hopefully they won't do one of those stupid "co-defensive coordinator" things. Skins need to simplify the defense, not make it more confusing.

Yeah, i was hoping a position coach could get promoted. also i agree things need to be simplified.
There were a few games i saw baker dropping into coverage from a DT position. It was pointless with no pressure.
I really hope we go back to a 4-3. If we are just NOT going to get a NT or ever decide on what to do with our DB depth, at least more dline guys can immediately get on the field.