• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they gave up the 4th qtr TD but IMO through 60 mins they looked better than they did almost all of last year. And that's even with Earl Thomas looking like a rookie out there taking bad angles all day. Kam was laying the wood. The d-line looks like it could have 2013 type depth with Reed and Clark. The linebackers were covering well and shooting gaps. Lane looked like he was ready to earn the big bucks. They were impressive.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D definitely did have a good day, save the 1 long TD drive and a lapse or 2 on other possessions that thankfully didn't result in many points. In particular, Cassius Marsh made lots of good plays (a couple on ST). It was good seeing lots of different guys getting to the QB, as you say point to the depth on the DL.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas had a really awful day, but overall I was very happy with the defense. One of the ways teams usually like to move the ball against Seattle is by basically dinking and dunking down the field. They really didn't let Miami do that. Forced them into some third and longs and got some pressure on the QB when they needed to.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas had a really awful day, but overall I was very happy with the defense. One of the ways teams usually like to move the ball against Seattle is by basically dinking and dunking down the field. They really didn't let Miami do that. Forced them into some third and longs and got some pressure on the QB when they needed to.
Yeah, the underneath stuff and dumps often ends up being what other teams do because they can't do much else with success. Fans get frustrated with that frequently that the D "can't" stop it, but it's awfully difficult to clamp on every single thing an NFL offense can do. And to dump your way down the field will take a lot more plays, with a lot more chances to make mistakes, and a lot more chances to get hits on receivers.

But anyway, yeah, pretty poor game from ET....hopefully just an outlier that is now out of the way.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pressure and closing by the DBs. I was impressed with how accurate Tannehill was throwing, but the defenders were just on top of the receivers on almost every throw.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the only glaring issue with the defense yesterday was Thomas's clunker. The rest of the defense looked good for the most part. They left a couple of wide receivers wide open, but Kenny "Stone Hands" Stills made sure it didn't hurt us too badly. They've gotta clean up those miscommunications and Thomas has to re-take geometry or something before next week, but all-in-all it was a very good effort from the defense coming out of the gate, especially since the offense wasn't giving them any help for almost the entire game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised no-one has mentioned how well Shead and Lane played.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They both played very well. If they keep playing like that all season, it's going to be very hard for teams to pass on us. I think that the reason nobody has singled them out until now is because everybody on defense, except for Thomas, played really well on Sunday and it's easy for guys like Lane and Shead to be overshadowed by the bigger names on this D.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Sherman even targeted on Sunday? Talk about a lonely guy.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense did play well there were a couple of plays that the dolphins couldn't take advantage of like Kenny stills dropping the TD pass and Tannerhill over threw his guy in the endzone but it was nice to see us get after the QB. Lets be honest if the defense wasn't there we would have lost that game like 24-12.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody ever talks abut Shead he is so underrated, he is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team I am so glad he is the captain starting opposite of Sherman