• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense STILL wins

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 teams that played over the weekend were #1, #5, #6, and #9 in total defense. All top 10. Yet the NFL and ESPN show it as Manning vs Newton, old vs young, changing of the guard, and all that crap.

Defense wins. What other year could Manning put up 20 against the Pats and win the game? Yes, Manning played well and didn't make the big mistake he's known for. But why not give credit where credit is due - for once he finally felt like he didn't need to carry the team. Brady was hit 20 times. When did you see that last?

Should be a good Super Bowl. Getting to Newton will be a lot tougher for the Broncos with a much better O-line and his mobility. I like Carolina but never underestimate a top defense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 teams that played over the weekend were #1, #5, #6, and #9 in total defense. All top 10. Yet the NFL and ESPN show it as Manning vs Newton, old vs young, changing of the guard, and all that crap.

Defense wins. What other year could Manning put up 20 against the Pats and win the game? Yes, Manning played well and didn't make the big mistake he's known for. But why not give credit where credit is due - for once he finally felt like he didn't need to carry the team. Brady was hit 20 times. When did you see that last?

Should be a good Super Bowl. Getting to Newton will be a lot tougher for the Broncos with a much better O-line and his mobility. I like Carolina but never underestimate a top defense.

Yep...DEF is still the ticket to the Lombardi trophy!

I do understand the QB marketing etc....doesn't bother me. But DEN fans know why they are playing in the SB and CAR has quietly built one of the toughest front 7s in the game.

The match up favors CAR imo...echoing what you said...if the DEN OL can't handle the CAR DTs...they are going to struggle to run, and Manning won't have a pocket.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....a great O-Line/helps,.....something we need to ''re-tool'' for 2016,......our defense was NOT the problem esp. in the 2nd/half.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we can find a qb, TE and number one WR.

xYHRI.gif

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were really missing Badger and Okafor yesterday. Defense is the key to success *DJ Khaled voice*