• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense confident too.....your opinion?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.J. Smith expects a top 3 Defense nationally........

Jason Ankrah expects a top 10 Defense.........

Will Compton already voiced his excitement for getting out and showing us how they are a way different defense this season.........saying we will look like 2009 again.

My opinion.........something is going on with the coaches. They are getting the players to believe they are great.........maybe just through the use of words or whatever, but they do have them believing. This thing could get ugly real fast, or it could do just the opposite. Sometimes confidence is all that lacks when you have talent all over the field........I'm assuming we'll see a lot of swagger out of this unit, at least in the early going.

What is yourn opinion?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be posting this kind of stuff, but honestly I don't remember a year in recent history where we've had this many players this confident about the upcoming season.........especially coming off of what I call a disappointing season.

We were definitely not this upbeat going into last season....that is a fact.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this to my opinion...................

Joseph and Kaczenski are bringing a new feel to the team.........and the players are digging it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should know where the D will rank. They've been playing their XBoxes.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to tell us this crap. Really who are they trying to convince that they are sooooooooo good? Us, or themselves?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be posting this kind of stuff, but honestly I don't remember a year in recent history where we've had this many players this confident about the upcoming season.........especially coming off of what I call a disappointing season.

We were definitely not this upbeat going into last season....that is a fact.

It's been this exact same kinda talk every year man.

"We've worked harder, we've got so much more depth, we're more experienced than the last team, we're really buying into what our coaches are saying, we expect a national title blah blah blah blah".

Same shit different year. Start winning. Beat Wisconsin and then I'll be on board.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been this exact same kinda talk every year man.

"We've worked harder, we've got so much more depth, we're more experienced than the last team, we're really buying into what our coaches are saying, we expect a national title blah blah blah blah".

Same shit different year. Start winning. Beat Wisconsin and then I'll be on board.

I disagree en sech.

Last year at this time I didn't hear one single player saying we had anything to prove........they were all talking about how we're just gonna play football and see what happens.

Guys this year are speaking up and making it clear that there is no more playing around.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they just keep that in the locker room? I'm glad they have goals, but why would you want to paint a target on your back? They bitch about too much scrutiny and then they do their best to stoke the fire before the season even starts. Once you say it you can't take it back. They weren't gonna be held to that standard, but they sure as hell will be now. By everyone.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're just talking to me........no need for any of ye to pay attention to it :smokin:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to tell us this crap. Really who are they trying to convince that they are sooooooooo good? Us, or themselves?

Thank you Randy Quaid:

[YOUTUBE]iHJS-i_ajFA[/YOUTUBE]

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defense needs to tell themselves and any who will listen that they are good because they doubted themselves last season. If the wheels fall off as I predict; they potentially could be very very bad. Keeping it real.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to doubt yourself when you get smacked around by fresno st and washington out of the gate.

This is all really fun to predict and analyze, but most of us here thought the '07 team was a favorite to win the Big 12 North.

Phil Steele is about the only guy I listen to pre-season. He doesn't play favs he just goes off of raw stats. He's seldom off the mark by much. I've never seen him be WAY off the mark w/ Nebraska.

7-9 of his sets call for a double digit win season.

Nobody has a crystal ball here.

We can REALLY talk after Wisconsin.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing David and Dennard, especially David, leaves some major voids. And the rest of the D was shaky at best. I know a lot of people want to blame Carl for last year, but I doubt he did a lot without Bo's approval.

I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'm not worried about is the secondary. It's in good hands with Joseph.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll back off on my losing season prediction, but this team will struggle a bit. 4 or 5 losses certainly isn't out of the question.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say that David was our entire defense last season....now he is gone. It won't be easy.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want to say that David was our entire defense last season....now he is gone. It won't be easy.

That's what I've been saying for months now. They don't have a replacement for him either. The defense will suffer without him for sure.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I've been saying for months now. They don't have a replacement for him either. The defense will suffer without him for sure.

my opinion is this ---even though I know squat about foosball

its all about the coaching staff-- not the talent they have before them

they are just kids needing a drill instructor

rleeemery.jpg

you hear me ???

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're a bit deeper at DT this year. I think. Obviously we don't have a Suh. He can't be replaced. But we have a solid 2-deep rotation at DT, and a couple of decent DEs. Our solid D-line will help out considerably at the both the other levels. They'll make our DBs look great, and free up our LBs to rack up the tackles.

Then again, I thought we would be solid at DT last year. It didn't turn out that way.