• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dbacks "very serious" about signing Arroyo

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo is a very durable pitcher, but I don't think he'd fare well at Chase Field. Gives up way too many homers. Plus he's not worth north of 10 mil per year. One year deal? Sure. Anything over one year would be a mistake.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally thought he was asking for 2/$10-12 which is not bad but 12 million annually to a guy who said himself that he is "consistent" does not work for me!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he dropped his asking price to 2/$22 mil.

I could go either way with Arroyo. For the price, you are getting good value for a 200 innings workhorse. But I just feel like although right this second, he is better than Delgado, he is not that much of improvement. And if Delgado just slightly improves after a year in the bigs & doesn't wear down at the end of the season again, he can be just as good as Arroyo if not better. This would be a safe signing & potential insurance against McCarthy's annual shoulder issues. This would also allow Bradley to spend the year in Reno with no pressure to make the bigs this season.

Personally, I would rather throw $16-18 mil at Burnett for a year with a vesting option for 2015 than sign Arroyo.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the D'backs get Arroyo to replace Cahill and McCarthy, I am all for it. Also, a two year contract is not bad because David Price is not a free agent until two years from now, so that would allow them to be players for Price then. Even if they were to trade for Price now or next year, they could extend him and not start paying his extension until Arroyo's contract is off the books.