• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dayan Vicieda is garbage. Don't trade for him

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea why the Mariners have been so frequently connected to him. He is terrible. I'd rather add nobody than add him. His defense is deplorable, he runs like Kendrys Morales and has an OBP of .294 over the past 3 seasons with a WAR of 0.1 over the last 416 games. The Mariners are better off without him, he's no improvement.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% with you on this. But sadly, I just have a deep feeling he will be coming here for a guy like Maurer. Ug!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the White Sox Signed Melky there is no use for Vicideo at all. They have the OF covered and have Laroche/Abreu for 1B/DH. I doubt he even makes their team or will be at the end of bench. Giving literally anything for him will be beyond stupid and makes zero sense. If the White Sox cut him then sure bring him in for a look but he isnt worth anything to give up.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the White Sox Signed Melky there is no use for Vicideo at all. They have the OF covered and have Laroche/Abreu for 1B/DH. I doubt he even makes their team or will be at the end of bench. Giving literally anything for him will be beyond stupid and makes zero sense. If the White Sox cut him then sure bring him in for a look but he isnt worth anything to give up.

The good news.....well, there really isn't any good news in this scenario....better news is that now that the ChiSox have Cabrera, it will take less to acquire Vicidumpo. A report on MLBTR claims that the WSox want one of our young relievers. That is still too much imo. I wouldn't give them Carson Smith, nor Tom Wilhelmsen, nor Lord Farquar, nor Dominic Leone, nor Yoervis Medina. I wouldn't even want to give them Brandon Maurer, but I can see how that might be the guy they get.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% with you on this. But sadly, I just have a deep feeling he will be coming here for a guy like Maurer. Ug!

If we get him for a guy like Maurer, at least Jack won't feel obligated to force Viciedo into the lineup. Instead, he'd have to compete with some of the incumbents for the RF job. Romero's first year wasn't very good but I haven't given up on him yet.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't deal Maurer for him. Medina maybe, Maurer no. Leone maybe.