• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day 1 down, what are you looking for day 2?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people say this. Cutlers attitude had nothing to do with it. Things like shitty olines, shitty offensive coordinators, intense media pressure (he got ripped on for pushing an offensive lineman to get him fired up, something I see every QB do. It wasn't even a violent push and olineman just stood there. He got ripped for sitting in a game that he tried like hell to play in, but the doctors wouldn't let him.), and on top of that he made some boneheaded decisions.
I'm not talking about his on field attitude l. I'm talking about his consistent lack of preparedness. His attitude towards the gahe itself is lacking imo

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Help us Obi, you're our only hope!"

I want that fucking Conn safety with the last name I can't pronounce on Seattle so we have someone when Kam is gone next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential Chiefs players that might be picked in late rd2: Wormley, Cook (if he falls), Cunningham (if he falls), Everett (TE), Feeney

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about his on field attitude l. I'm talking about his consistent lack of preparedness. His attitude towards the gahe itself is lacking imo
I forgot to mention he had diabetes, which pretty much runs people's lives. And how do you know that? Reports out of Halas Hall said he was the first in and the last out studying game film and what not every single year. He just didn't pick up on it like other QBs did. It's a tough position to play and not everyone can do it no matter how much they work at it.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine there will be an early run on corners in the 2nd round. All anyone said leading into this draft was how deep it was for defense, but it seemed teams were in a hurry to grab offense early. Maybe the lack of depth at those positions speaks to that.

I'll be interested to see where Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook land. Both have off the field issues (well, Mixon's was just that singular incident but it was a pretty big one). If their heads are right, both can be big time playmakers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine there will be an early run on corners in the 2nd round. All anyone said leading into this draft was how deep it was for defense, but it seemed teams were in a hurry to grab offense early. Maybe the lack of depth at those positions speaks to that.

I'll be interested to see where Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook land. Both have off the field issues (well, Mixon's was just that singular incident but it was a pretty big one). If their heads are right, both can be big time playmakers.
One of the rumors coming in was Mixon to Green Bay so he might be off the board quickly

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the rumors coming in was Mixon to Green Bay so he might be off the board quickly

heard that too, but GB also needs secondary help so they might spring for King early and wait for Mixon later.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention he had diabetes, which pretty much runs people's lives. And how do you know that? Reports out of Halas Hall said he was the first in and the last out studying game film and what not every single year. He just didn't pick up on it like other QBs did. It's a tough position to play and not everyone can do it no matter how much they work at it.
When you make the same kind of mistakes over and over it speaks to a lack of study. It's either that or simply jot being smart, Cutler is very smart so the only thing is can possibly be is not being prepared because his mistakes travel with him from Denver to Chicago. Listen I think the guy gets a bad rap. He's not elite but he is certainly a starting caliber QB. I'm not basking him, he simply ( imo) has leaned on his immense talent without doing the stuff to take the next step

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make the same kind of mistakes over and over it speaks to a lack of study. It's either that or simply jot being smart, Cutler is very smart so the only thing is can possibly be is not being prepared because his mistakes travel with him from Denver to Chicago. Listen I think the guy gets a bad rap. He's not elite but he is certainly a starting caliber QB. I'm not basking him, he simply ( imo) has leaned on his immense talent without doing the stuff to take the next step
I disagree. I just don't think he was able to grasp the concepts of the game as well as elite QBs do. He never did the small things like look off safeties or pump fake. He would just stare down the receiver he was going to throw to. He would almost always throw to his number one option (Brandon Marshall). His Accuracy on a lot of his throws wasn't as good as elite QBs either. It seemed like he would never hit the receiver in stride. Instead, they would be diving, adjusting their route, or having no shot at a catch entirely. His release wasn't that great, it was almost like he would wind up on every throw. It all comes down to opinion with why Cutler didn't cut it. But I watched every game he played with the bears and I felt like the media was very unfair with how they treated him. There were a lot of issues he had, but I think public perception as to why he was not great has misguided everyone as to the actual reasons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a huge boom or bust risk with that guy. And the fact that he's 25 is pretty scary.

I'm not concerned about the age at all. Look at Tackles in the NFL right now that are tops in the league. You got guys like Joe Thomas who are 32 or 33. You got Jason Peters who is I think 36. Andrew Whitworth (entered the league late just like Bolles) and is 35 right now.

So a quality tackle you are expecting to get 10 years out of them (or 2 contracts) Broncos could easily get that from Bolles.

To me the more worrisome part is the rawness of the player. He could very well struggle quite a bit as a rookie in just trying to learn the position. I like the OL coaches the Broncos have though that got hired this offseason so just have to see what they can do with him. Athletically speaking though he is about as good as you could ever hope for from an OL player. So just need to mold that into something great.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Chiefs have decided to go polar opposite of what they have now in Smith. I'm with you on the concerns with Mahomes. Those things can be taught for sure but he is just all over the board and I think some of the throws he made in college NFL teams will eat him alive on. He went to the right place though with a coach that knows how to work with QB's and a year where he can develop before being thrown to the wolves.

I like Mahomes and would have been happy to draft him but not with a 1st rounder. Didn't really want any of these QBs in the first round. Too many question marks for me to spend a high 1st round pick on

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like Oakland to stay on the defensive side of the ball. Specifically d tackle or lb. Malik McDowell or Zach Cunningham would be great if still available. Raekwon McMillan if both those two are gone

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mahomes and would have been happy to draft him but not with a 1st rounder. Didn't really want any of these QBs in the first round. Too many question marks for me to spend a high 1st round pick on

Agreed. I like parts of Mahomes game but he looks like a 2-year project to me. Can't say much because Broncos took one of those last year but to me trading clear up to 10 to get this guy is why I don't like the pick. Traded good draft capital for a team with some holes that need to be filled.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wondering if the Pats will make a trade to get a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round... at-least we know Jimmy isn't going to Houston, so my thinking of a possible trade is very slim

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Seahawks are able to do some wheeling and dealing wind up with Kevin King and Cam Robinson/Forrest Lamp.

That would be outstanding.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish List

1. Chris Goodwin - WR
2. Tanoh Kpassagnon - DE
3. Marlon Mack - RB