• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dallas @ Lakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday whites tonight, Randle making Dirk look like a bitch.

Meant to put the title as 'Lakers vs Dallas' sorry 'bout that.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson no-look pass to Randle on the fastbreak for the dunk. 52-43 Mavs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle with a double-double in the first half. Down by 9 at the half.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around 2 and a half to go in the fourth, down by 8 with Williams at the line for 2. Need some defense here but man, Randle is having a MONSTER game. The guy has massive potential and he is playing with more hustle than any other Laker tonight.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers lose but Randle's stat line: 22 points 15 rebounds 4 assists 4 steals 1 block, wow.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers trying to keep that top 3 draft pick by shooting for the worst record in the league :p

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more loses till Scott gets the boot?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more loses till Scott gets the boot?

Hard to say. It's only his 2nd season, he's part of the "Lakers family," he wasn't exactly handed an NBA caliber roster last year and has a bunch of new faces this year. All of that would seem to suggest that he'll get at least 2 more seasons.

On the other hand, Lakers fans, who aren't exactly known for our patience, have been pretty patient for the past 2 seasons and that patience may be starting to wear a little thin. Especially with a coach like Thibs available. So, enough pressure from fans, could force the Lakers hand.

I've been a Byron supporter, but with Thibs available, I'm starting to waiver a bit in that support because if Byron really is just here to get us through the rebuild (as some have suggested), I'd hate to miss out on a shot at a guy like Thibs just because he was available "too soon."

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. It's only his 2nd season, he's part of the "Lakers family," he wasn't exactly handed an NBA caliber roster last year and has a bunch of new faces this year. All of that would seem to suggest that he'll get at least 2 more seasons.

On the other hand, Lakers fans, who aren't exactly known for our patience, have been pretty patient for the past 2 seasons and that patience may be starting to wear a little thin. Especially with a coach like Thibs available. So, enough pressure from fans, could force the Lakers hand.

I've been a Byron supporter, but with Thibs available, I'm starting to waiver a bit in that support because if Byron really is just here to get us through the rebuild (as some have suggested), I'd hate to miss out on a shot at a guy like Thibs just because he was available "too soon."

That's a nice way of saying that some of them are spoiled. 7 Finals in the previous decade, then gambling on Nash and Howard to try to get a couple of more championships. It just happened to backfire that time, now we're rebuilding with a nice young core of talent. It isn't like the Lakers aren't trying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a nice way of saying that some of them are spoiled. 7 Finals in the previous decade, then gambling on Nash and Howard to try to get a couple of more championships. It just happened to backfire that time, now we're rebuilding with a nice young core of talent. It isn't like the Lakers aren't trying.

Heck yes we're spoiled. It's he Lakers own fault for being so good all of the time. :lol:

I agree with you re: being spoiled. I've been preaching patience since the Dwightmare/Nash experiment blew up the lab.

I also agree that the Lakers are trying. It's just a slow process because they are having to rebuild a little differently than before.

I think people who want to criticize how the front office has done things, forget that this is not the same NBA that Dr. Buss operated in. The salary cap is different and we've seen unprecedented things happen like the CP3 trade being vetoed.

Despite the fact that the Lakers mortgaged the future on Dwightmare/Nash, they have still managed to draft a very good young core and in the upcoming FA market, will have as much or more money than anyone to land themselves a couple of difference makers. I actually like the mix of vets and youngsters that we have. Just need a top FA or 2 to lead them.