• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily Thread: Girardi begs Mo to reconsider

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - there's a freakin' ballpark there now! Where was the old Jack Murphy Stadium?

I like the sound of 'Bars, restaurants, night clubs, etc!

Jack Murphy is still out at the 15 on the edge of town but it's called Qualcomm Stadium now and it's where the Chargers play.

I would highly recommend that you also check out Pacific Beach for some super-relaxed local beach bars with a mellow vibe. You wander in one of those places and next thing you know you're friends with everyone in the place. If I didn't have a family, I would most certainly be down there. It's a world of fun.

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Murphy is still out at the 15 on the edge of town but it's called Qualcomm Stadium now and it's where the Chargers play.

I would highly recommend that you also check out Pacific Beach for some super-relaxed local beach bars with a mellow vibe. You wander in one of those places and next thing you know you're friends with everyone in the place. If I didn't have a family, I would most certainly be down there. It's a world of fun.

Cheers, man! I just checked it out on Google Earth - might have to go to a Chargers game, too, if it's the right time of year.

A buddy of mine lived in San Diego in the early 90's, and he told me to check out the Lahaina Beach House - it sounds just like the places you're describing there. Guy has some epic booze-related stories about that place! hehe

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, you should be working for the San Diego Tourism Bureau, or the equivalent of...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were in the professional athlete business I would play until I couldn't perform anymore. Its apparent that Rivera can still play. I would hate to think I had more left in the tank after retiring. Although on Mariano's part it would make the whole farewell gifts thing a little awkward.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? Knowing Mariano, he'll ask for Gifts Part Deux and plan a second retirement tour so he can get gifts from some different interleague teams this season. :dhd: