• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D(silent)efforest

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season I thought for sure he would be gone, and yet he is still here...making a bit much as a ST coordinator, but it is what it is. SI coverage did not go anywhere.

I moaned and groaned all year about the return teams, but kicking wise we improved drastically with the additions he brought here in Lambert and Boomstache. (both of who are capable of being tops in the country next year IMO) Also our special teams units did score us some points and we blocked one punt and one FG.

Looking back on his history at Okie St his units scored at least 3 TDS a season his last 6 years there. With more skills guys coming in and the returners from last year things should get better. I have a hard time buying that they were told to run it out of the end zone 8 yards deep.

So with that being said what do you guys think of the ST job he has done? Do you think it will be a strength or weakness this upcoming season. Do you think some of the continued mistakes were youth or coaching?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things… I think DeForest's contract goes through the 2014 season. So, I understand not letting him go.

He was paid $400K as a safeties and ST coach at Okie St. So, he was promoted to Associate HC, co-DC, and ST coach at WVU and given a raise of a $100K to do so. I do not know all of the responsibilities of Associate HC, but is it worth $100K?

I think the ST's have shown improvement since he took over. If anything, look how many punt return or KO returns WVU has given up for TD's the past 2 years.

The ST coach under both Stewart and RichRod can't claim the same to be true.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season I thought for sure he would be gone, and yet he is still here...making a bit much as a ST coordinator, but it is what it is. SI coverage did not go anywhere.

I moaned and groaned all year about the return teams, but kicking wise we improved drastically with the additions he brought here in Lambert and Boomstache. (both of who are capable of being tops in the country next year IMO) Also our special teams units did score us some points and we blocked one punt and one FG.

Looking back on his history at Okie St his units scored at least 3 TDS a season his last 6 years there. With more skills guys coming in and the returners from last year things should get better. I have a hard time buying that they were told to run it out of the end zone 8 yards deep.

So with that being said what do you guys think of the ST job he has done? Do you think it will be a strength or weakness this upcoming season. Do you think some of the continued mistakes were youth or coaching?

The kick coverage has improved greatly, on both punts and KOs. There are a few areas of concern, though, that need to be addressed: on kickoffs into the end zone, TAKE A FUCKING KNEE!!!!!! so many times this year the kick returner, no matter who it was, hesitated, then brought the KO out of the end zone and was tackled inside the 15. Punt returns: fair catches inside the 5 HAVE to stop.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the KR/PR area gets fixed :hope:, we have a shot at being pretty good on ST next year. I have little faith in Joe D but to be fair as mentioned the coverage HAS been better and cant argue with Lambert and OTool . He is still paid too much but no reason to fire him and eat that money this year, give him one more and if things are good, maybe renegotiate, if not and the team tanks again, well lets just say good luck to him....and maybe the others as well.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big Eforrest fan but he has fared much better as the ST coach. We had major improvement and kickoffs and punt coverage is seriously improved. Not having a tavon on kickoffs was the biggest drawback last year. Alford was fast but not nearly as smart.

That being said, also believe that keeping the same staff with the players is best. His performance last year does not warrant firing.

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been better at ST coach than at DC!!!