• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Green apprectiation thread

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors have given up 93 points a game since the all star break with David lee out and draymond starting mostly. Haven't given up 100 points. Coincidence ?

I'd credit it with a healthy competent bench, more than Lee not being around.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors have given up 93 points a game since the all star break with David lee out and draymond starting mostly. Haven't given up 100 points. Coincidence ?

Lee was only out the last two games against the Nets and the Pistons. I think it's more of the team in general stepping up their defensive intensity.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee was only out the last two games against the Nets and the Pistons. I think it's more of the team in general stepping up their defensive intensity.

And then Avi came back in Chicago and......

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this for you SportyNash

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, does D.Lee start when he comes back from injury?

- Can the Dubs win bringing to former allstars off the bench?

Seems like one of those good problems to have.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I proposed this on the game thread. The first unit with Green works nicely, and adding Lee to the second unit would give them a low-post, go to guy.

Ezili, Lee, Livingston, Iggy, and Barbosa. Me likey.

If Iggy can check his ego in at the door for the sake of the team, then certainly Lee can.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Million dollar question right there. I would say it's a toss up.

I thought HB was gonna start the year on the bench but was wrong about that. I think Lee gets to start, but I think he'll get the early pull for Draymond, and an early sub back in with the late second unit. Down the stretch at the end of the 1st half and end of the game, I could see Draymond being subbed back in for the last 4-5 minutes.

If I was Kerr, I would start Lee and sub him out at the 7 minute mark for Draymond, Sub Lee back in at the start of the 2nd and sub him out again at the 5 minute mark.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I proposed this on the game thread. The first unit with Green works nicely, and adding Lee to the second unit would give them a low-post, go to guy.

Ezili, Lee, Livingston, Iggy, and Barbosa. Me likey.

If Iggy can check his ego in at the door for the sake of the team, then certainly Lee can.

I think Ai#9 and D.Lee probably are at the point in their careers where they want to win. They both got paid heavily, so as long as we keep winning, I don't see this as a problem.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Million dollar question right there. I would say it's a toss up.

I thought HB was gonna start the year on the bench but was wrong about that. I think Lee gets to start, but I think he'll get the early pull for Draymond, and an early sub back in with the late second unit. Down the stretch at the end of the 1st half and end of the game, I could see Draymond being subbed back in for the last 4-5 minutes.

If I was Kerr, I would start Lee and sub him out at the 7 minute mark for Draymond, Sub Lee back in at the start of the 2nd and sub him out again at the 5 minute mark.

My only concern is Green gives up some size and bulk to the larger 4's in the league. LA basically shot over Green at will last night in the 4th. When Aldridge tried to back him down, Green was able to use his basketball smarts to body him a bit, but he can't teach height.

All in all, I wouldn't have a problem with Green starting, (as long as we keep winning)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern is Green gives up some size and bulk to the larger 4's in the league. LA basically shot over Green at will last night in the 4th. When Aldridge tried to back him down, Green was able to use his basketball smarts to body him a bit, but he can't teach height.

All in all, I wouldn't have a problem with Green starting, (as long as we keep winning)

I'm more focused on the continuity, both offensively and defensively.

Lee has played well with the starters as has Green. The only reason I would start Lee is to get the first unit off to a rolling start with two optimal passing bigs. I think down the stretch, you'll see much more of Green to close out games. There will be some games (like Memphis, LAC, Chicago, Indy, Utah) where Lee will be needed to guard size at the end of games. I like Lee rolling a bit too with the second unit as a passing big as well and letting him facilitate the high post. His ability to score will also be much needed too. With AI, Livingston and Ezeli all being plus defenders, they can have him out there for long stretches without worry much.

I think it's just about optimizing the opportunities on both sides of the ball.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys, What is HB's potential, future and is he digressing and just having some jittery play? I wonder if the NBA is moving too fast and he simply doesn't understand anything on an instinctive level. I don;t think he is going to be offered a future contract - whenver that comes due. I had HB pegged as the next Trevor Ariza.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys, What is HB's potential, future and is he digressing and just having some jittery play? I wonder if the NBA is moving too fast and he simply doesn't understand anything on an instinctive level. I don;t think he is going to be offered a future contract - whenver that comes due. I had HB pegged as the next Trevor Ariza.

I had thought HB would be similar to a prime Richard Jefferson, but he's not anywhere close to living up to that.

My only current player comp I have would be to Marvin Williams. He's a solid player, developed a bit more of an outside shot, but tends to float and disappear.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, is D.Green an Allstar this year? Doesn't have the "best numbers", but you could argue, that he belongs in the conversation.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, is D.Green an Allstar this year? Doesn't have the "best numbers", but you could argue, that he belongs in the conversation.

He didn't play particularly well today but those two back to back blocks of Nowitski's shots were key during their struggles at the end of the game.