• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts ....

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts so far: WR Tiquan Underwood, WR Toney Clemons, P Jordan Gay, DT Linden Gaydosh, DE Alex Hall, OT Oscar Johnson, WR Marvin McNutt, LB Anthony Morales, WR Kealoha Pilares, DE Craig Roh

With Pilares gone, that leaves just Cam from the class of '11, lol.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Do any of these cost us cap money?
It's looking better and better for Fozzy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underwood does, but only like 300K

Fozzy had a spot the moment the traded Barner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of these cuts are a suprise. all of them way underperformed IMO anyway

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at our roster, here's a few thoughts

Zordich, he's had a good preseason but I don't see us carrying 2 FB's, especially with Brockel able to play both TE and FB. Might try to sneak him onto the practice squad.

Reaves & Whittaker, we won't keep 4 RB's. We should get to see a lot of both in the last preseason game and then I hope we have a very tough choice. Whichever one we cut will probably get picked up.

Webb, man has he had a great preseason. We appear to be committed to Anderson as the #2 QB, will we keep 3? If we do where do we cut at another position? He could get squeezed out in a numbers game. If we cut him, he won't make it to our practice squad.

Lucas and King would be our most likely cuts at WR. Barring injury.

I still expect us to make a move for some OL depth once final cuts are made. I still like Foucault, but he is a work in progress and IMO benefit from some time on the practice squad.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underwood does, but only like 300K

Fozzy had a spot the moment the traded Barner

I hope Fozzy makes your team. Great guy and football player. One game, OSU ran back a kickoff. Very next play, the following kickoff, Fozzy took it back 100 yards. Just a great player to have on your team.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Fozzy is this years sentimental favorite. He definitely plays with more "want to" than most others. We should get a good dose of him in this last. Preseason game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our depth on the O line is not very good. i could see us making a dash at 2 maybe three linemen after final cuts.

on the 3 qbs thing, we have kept 3 qbs the last three years. Jimmy Clausen was on the 53 man roster every year he was just inactive every game too. so it wouldnt be much different. and no Webb doesnt make it to practice squad, i actually think because of his expierence he is actually ineligable?

i would keep both Fozzy and Reaves, along with Tolbert that give us 5 Rbs but i think with Williams Brockel becomes expendable

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our depth on the O line is not very good. i could see us making a dash at 2 maybe three linemen after final cuts.

on the 3 qbs thing, we have kept 3 qbs the last three years. Jimmy Clausen was on the 53 man roster every year he was just inactive every game too. so it wouldnt be much different. and no Webb doesnt make it to practice squad, i actually think because of his expierence he is actually ineligable?

i would keep both Fozzy and Reaves, along with Tolbert that give us 5 Rbs but i think with Williams Brockel becomes expendable

Calusen was on IR last year, after being "waived/injured."

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the cuts so far today from The Charlotte Observer

WR Tavarres King, per a league source
CB James Dockery, per his Twitter
LB Denicos Allen, per a league source
DT Casey Walker, per a league source
OL Chris Scott, per Pro Football Talk
OL David Foucault, per league source
OL Andrew McDonald, per his agent
CB Carrington Byndom, per league source

7 down, 15 to go. The only real surprise, so far, is Scott, I thought he played himself into the backup role. Foucault is reportedly headed to the practice squad if he clears waivers, good move, low risk and lots of upside.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the full list: Cuts to 53: LB Denicos Allen, CB Carrington Byndom, G Derek Dennis, CB James Dockery, LB Adarius Glanton, WR Tavarres King, S Robert Lester, WR Marcus Lucas, T Andrew McDonald, S Tom Nelson, DT Drake Nevis, RB Darrin Reaves, DT Micanor Regis, LB D.J. Smith, CB Josh Thomas, DT Casey Walker, FB Michael Zordich, T Kevin Hughes, TE Mike McNeill, S Anderson Russell, G Chris Scott

Most surprised about Lester - thought he had a future here.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott was the biggest surprise. He started last year and IMO had a good preseason. Many of the guys we kept on OL can play more than 1 position so that might have been the reason. I thought Lester had a real future here also but they liked Boston better. I hope we get Zordich, Reaves, and Lester on the practice squad.

Now lets see who we pick up and what other moves are made. I a good return man is available we should pick him up.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Barner was cut by Philly, so no draft pick for us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if its a good thing or bad thing but, man our oline depth looks very suspect to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somethings didnt go on my post... here is what i was trying to ask lol

we have two rockie free agents who made our team on the Oline, is that a good thing or bad thing?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
somethings didnt go on my post... here is what i was trying to ask lol

we have two rockie free agents who made our team on the Oline, is that a good thing or bad thing?

I got it now.
If they turn out good then we got younger. If not we will probably have 20 different starting line ups