• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that statement wasn't whether or not he made the cut. The problem is that Star has been BALLING in the pre-season.

I knew it was a long-shot when I posted the prediction.

HawkCity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we would have never got rid of Mike Rob, he was very big for us in the run in opening holes for Lynch and was a great blocker. I know his pay was probably the biggest reason followed by the youth, but the other two have not impressed me as much. So I think the 2.5 mill we would have payed him is a wash for what he would have brought to the Hawks compared to Colman and Ware.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotulelei reminds me of Coy Wire. He can be a stud on STs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we would have never got rid of Mike Rob, he was very big for us in the run in opening holes for Lynch and was a great blocker. I know his pay was probably the biggest reason followed by the youth, but the other two have not impressed me as much. So I think the 2.5 mill we would have payed him is a wash for what he would have brought to the Hawks compared to Colman and Ware.

I felt the same way, but now I think he may be back. I heard health wise Robinson wasn't going to be ready to play on opening day. So if he clear waivers and gets healthy, I think there is a good chance he'll be resign at a more team friendly contract. Just a hunch on my part.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected this guy to play one year for us because of his slot presence and sure tackling... Maybe he's lost a step because he is getting up there... Dam good football player though...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see if he was cut or not but did Bradford make it?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im surprised they cut harper, what a waste of a draft pick in the 4th round

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna need to pick up a TE off of Waivers, I suppose..

I thought McGrath was a keeper. Maybe not in the blocking...He had a good hands, seemingly. Looked tough. They hated the beard I bet. Damned scenesters. lol

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Harper is on the practice squad. Im not at all surprised he was cut, he had an edge going in but Stephen Williams beat him easily and earned the spot.
Even with his spot in doubt on Thursday he didnt seem like he was fighting and those two drops were what seeled it for him Im sure.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper, wasted pick, who would have thunk that Patton might be the choice.
I love US, but Lemon slide instead of HILL, Yes HIIIIILLLLLLLL.

We let Lemon slide to choose Hill.
We choose Harper instead of Patton.

Yes, I Love my Hawks, but , we shall see.

At this point, I have doubts.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our roster was deep.

Chiefs have claimed TE Sean McGrath and DT Jaye Howard. Jags have claimed S Winston Guy.

Seahawks may not announce PS today, but twitter saying Chris Harper, Ty Powell, and Sealver Siliga have probably made it.

Pats confirm they've cut Leon Washington.

Also currently 14 NFL teams only carrying 2 QBs on their 53 roster so we aren't the only ones.

Chiefs made a league high 26 changes to it's roster. Zona was second with 24.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the seahawks to sign leon washington and have him be our kick returner until harvin is healthy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now I think for the tight end position Seahawks will use Mike Person when they want an extra blocking TE and try to stash Cooper Helfer on the practice squad as insurance. That could change.

Initially I was shocked at the cuts of Robinson and Winfield, but now I believe its health questions that led to those cut. I was surprised they only keep two actual TEs but it seems they have a plan. Harper...well you just can't hit all aces all the time and down the road , who knows he could still work out. I was pretty happy about some of the bubble players that made it and now....I'm ready for some football!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're as deep as the Seahawks are, you can afford to "waste" mid-round draft picks. It's not ideal, of course, and you'd certainly like all of your draft picks through probably round 4 or 5 to make the team, but it's not like we were counting on Harper to be our go-to receiver this year or anything. Schneider and Carroll said a couple of times over the course of the off-season that it was going to be tough for a lot of the incoming rookies to find a place on the active roster this season and you're seeing that play out right now.

Most of the rookies that did manage to grab a spot were either so overwhelmingly impressive that the coaches couldn't leave them off the roster or they played at a position that didn't have as much depth for one reason or another and played well enough for the coaches to take notice. With Kearse doing what he did, there was really only one receiver spot up for grabs and Williams went out there and took it. In most other years, Harper probably makes the team. It just didn't happen for him this year. There was "too much" depth, which is a nice thing to be able to say about the receiver position given the lack of it that we always seemed to have under Holmgren.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now I think for the tight end position Seahawks will use Mike Person when they want an extra blocking TE and try to stash Cooper Helfer on the practice squad as insurance. That could change.

Initially I was shocked at the cuts of Robinson and Winfield, but now I believe its health questions that led to those cut. I was surprised they only keep two actual TEs but it seems they have a plan. Harper...well you just can't hit all aces all the time and down the road , who knows he could still work out. I was pretty happy about some of the bubble players that made it and now....I'm ready for some football!

I have this feeling Robinson gets resigned when he gets healthy in a couple of weeks. I don't think PC would go an entire year with a serious question mark at FB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling Robinson gets resigned when he gets healthy in a couple of weeks. I don't think PC would go an entire year with a serious question mark at FB.

If no other team signs him( and with health issue, I don't see that happening) I would bet money he gets resigns provided what ever sent him to the hospital twice and cause him to lose a bunch of weight, isn't something that won't go away.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no other team signs him( and with health issue, I don't see that happening) I would bet money he gets resigns provided what ever sent him to the hospital twice and cause him to lose a bunch of weight, isn't something that won't go away.

Any ideas of what sent him to the hospital?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. Seahawks and Robinson have been mum about it. However It must be serious enough for the Seahawks to accept the big down grade at the FB position at least for now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. Seahawks and Robinson have been mum about it. However It must be serious enough for the Seahawks to accept the big down grade at the FB position at least for now.

Let's hope he gets healthy and comes back. I hate having lack of talent at the FB position.