• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cut list... Louis Nix III??

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know these type of threads are coming...this is the only intriguing name I've seen so far. While his NFL production has never matched his college career... He'd be cheap and help early while Ratliff is out. Anyone know how healthy he is?

Any other names out there yet?

Bears have cut TE's Dante Rosario & Bear Pascoe.
And Waived:
WR Rashad Lawrence, LB Kyle Woestmann, C Qumain Black (??Who??)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unexpected: ILB Mason Foster's contract will be terminated

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Willie Young made the team... Hmmm.
Final roster looks young and thin at a number of positions. OT and DL are Thin and ILB is very young, I hope Vic knows/sees something we don't in Shea. Can scheme/play calls really help that much?

I'm guessing they sign at least 3 filling depth at positions off waivers. We'll know tomorrow. Any names out there you like?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Chapman N 26 yr old- started 16 games for Indy.
Red Bryant-DT 31- played in Seattle for 7 years.
Louis Nix... these are three the Bears should look at. IMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they cut Rosario. Was solid in the backup TE role. Foster is a tad surprising, but from what I've read, he did not look good. I hardly got to watch any pre-season at all, living out of state now. Sunday Ticket doesn't cover pre-season and I could only take the crappy online feeds for so long.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of folks on various Bears message boards had the Bears grabbing Nix with their first pick that year. Not sure if he panned out or not, but it could be worth a temporary flyer until Ratliff finished his suspension.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they cut Rosario. Was solid in the backup TE role. Foster is a tad surprising, but from what I've read, he did not look good. I hardly got to watch any pre-season at all, living out of state now. Sunday Ticket doesn't cover pre-season and I could only take the crappy online feeds for so long.
Too many freaking penalties in the 3rd preseason game

C

cubzzzfanincali

Nix had a horrendous knee injury. He basically torn his meniscus so badly it had no chance of recovering. A shame because he was very talented, but no way should we pick him up now.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears claimed and were awarded CB Harold Jones-Quartey from Arizona & G/T Patrick Omameh from Bucs off waivers.
Omameh started all 16 games at G for Bucs last year. (the line gave up 52 sacks...but also employed McCown as QB for much of the season...so there is that)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix goes to the Giants. Bears are said to be looking to sign a Vet DL in the next 24 hours. Vested Vets don't go through waivers and could start negotiating contract as soon as they were cut. Red Bryant?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING... Whoa- bears have Waived T Jordan Mills per source. Does this mean Kyle moves over and new guy goes to Guard?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is saying move Long to Tackle and put new G/T Patrick Omameh in his spot. BUT...Omameh has been working at Tackle all camp and Long has only had a handful of practices/no games. I'd rather have the 2x probowler playing in his Probowl spot next to the center he's worked with all camp, and helping out the new guy. Just makes more sense at least for week one. Running game will be focus anyway and putting new guy out there vs Mathews is bad idea.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Omameh isn't starting for us. He's terrible. He's just a depth guy.

C

cubzzzfanincali

A lot of the re signings this week are just tryouts and information stealing. I wouldn't read too much into resigning a as actual solutions in most cases.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they dont have a RT as of now......its been all over twitter that long is moving to RT

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With both Ola and now Mills gone, terrible or not, we need SOMEONE to play guard now that Long has moved over to tackle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills should have been moved over to G. He has the build and strength for G. He did not have the fast feet for T. This was a dumb move to just release him. Young and strong with 2 years experience starting and we did not give him a shot at G, it makes no sense to me. Am I missing something? If we had a RG then I might have understood. We have no one better so I am shocked by the release.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Grasu gets a shot at guard first if that is what is happening. They have yet to fill out the depth chart.

That foot injury to Mills his rookie season was just never right again. Moving him to guard where there would be more pulling to the opposite side was not an option.

C

cubzzzfanincali

We have guys to play guard. I'd like to see them roll with either ducasse or grasu in Kyles spot. Getting rid of mills is addition by subtraction.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills should have been moved over to G. He has the build and strength for G. He did not have the fast feet for T. This was a dumb move to just release him. Young and strong with 2 years experience starting and we did not give him a shot at G, it makes no sense to me. Am I missing something? If we had a RG then I might have understood. We have no one better so I am shocked by the release.

I think that the coaching staff issue was a between the ears issue with Mills. If he can't follow the action plan at Tackle, what makes you think he can follow the action plan at Guard? When I watched the play where Mills had a DE on his Right shoulder on a pass play, the ball was hiked and he immediately put a hand on the DT like he was going to help Long for a second, which gave the DE a free run to Jay... To me, it was over. That was just bad decision making between the ears. No fix for that.