• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jordan Hicks deal is official.
The breakdown:
2024: $ 6M
2025: $12M
2026: $12M
2027: $12M
He'll also get a $2M signing bonus and can earn $2M each season in performance bonuses, all tied to innings pitched.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strip gone. Roster spot open.
The big question is was this in preparation for a significant signing or something else. Lord knows it wasn't for the explicit goal of getting Jonah Cox.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is was this in preparation for a significant signing or something else. Lord knows it wasn't for the explicit goal of getting Jonah Cox.
It was definitely for the primary purpose of jettisoning Stripling. But as bad as Strip was, he was slated as our #2 going in to this season. That’s leaves the cupboard awfully bare, atm, so there pretty much HAS to be at least one more sizable move coming.

But I definitely think that FZ is in head over heals love with the opener concept, so we will be getting a LOT of it in ‘24.

How he doesn’t see that the fans DESPISE it is beyond me. Even if he were able to get it to work, it can’t be good for gate receipts or jersey sales.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely for the primary purpose of jettisoning Stripling. But as bad as Strip was, he was slated as our #2 going in to this season. That’s leaves the cupboard awfully bare, atm, so there pretty much HAS to be at least one more sizable move coming.

But I definitely think that FZ is in head over heals love with the opener concept, so we will be getting a LOT of it in ‘24.

How he doesn’t see that the fans DESPISE it is beyond me. Even if he were able to get it to work, it can’t be good for gate receipts or jersey sales.
I really think FZ is pretty tone deaf, which is fine if he builds a roster well. The pending signing of Jorge Solar just helps me think that he doesn't know how to build a roster well.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we don’t need another outfielder/DH, so I’m guessing if they do sign him the Giants are intent of getting rid of someone.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn’t he be listening to Melvin too?
In some organizations the manager has quite a bit of input into the process .... not so sure with FZ at the helm though. Seems like he is sailing his own ship and takes little input from anyone ....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some organizations the manager has quite a bit of input into the process .... not so sure with FZ at the helm though. Seems like he is sailing his own ship and takes little input from anyone ....
I think he had to slice Gabe’s throat in order to save his job. And I also suspect that BoMel was forced on him.

I would think he would be gone after this year, but Johnson just publicly stated that his extension contract is done, just not signed yet.

None of this makes any sense to me. They are really testing my level of fandom. I already plan on going into the season without the ability to watch non-national Giants games. Will they continue to push me even further away?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't seem to get a handle on what he is really trying to do. Seems that EVERY FA season starts off with us targeting some very high profile players. IMHO this usually seems like we are chasing unicorns. I do undetstand that he is trying to show the fan base that they are committed. These are all great players. This is his game plan No #1. What I fail to see is a decent No #2 game plan when No #1 goes south.

It ALWAYS seems we move into scramble mode and start chasing players that at ti.es just baffles me. Usually followed by some really strange comments.

I do like the Hicks signing .... but to honestly think he is the answer to our rotation problems?

Didnt' care much for Stripling ... but he was our No #2. Just can't figure them out ....

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't seem to get a handle on what he is really trying to do. Seems that EVERY FA season starts off with us targeting some very high profile players. IMHO this usually seems like we are chasing unicorns. I do undetstand that he is trying to show the fan base that they are committed. These are all great players. This is his game plan No #1. What I fail to see is a decent No #2 game plan when No #1 goes south.

It ALWAYS seems we move into scramble mode and start chasing players that at ti.es just baffles me. Usually followed by some really strange comments.

I do like the Hicks signing .... but to honestly think he is the answer to our rotation problems?

Didnt' care much for Stripling ... but he was our No #2. Just can't figure them out ....
It is very weird roster building and it only worked one year. Yet it continues. Baffling is the right word.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill , the Giants got a small return out of the Burnes trade.

LOL Fixed it for You! just being a smart Tass sorry. :brick:

• You're Funny
Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NRIs were announced today. Added to the roster post.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge difference between the sides. Surprised it went to a hearing.
I would fight tooth and nail for a 400k difference in my salary…

Just sayin…