• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alen Hanson placed on the 10 day disabled list and "infielder" Austin Slater has been recalled from Sacramento. Slater played two games at 1st base in Sacramento but, apparently ESPN thinks that he is an infielder.

In the minors, Slater has played

2b- 96 games
rf- 63 games
cf- 71 games
lf- 75 games
1b- 2 games
ss- 7 games

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alen Hanson placed on the 10 day disabled list and "infielder" Austin Slater has been recalled from Sacramento. Slater played two games at 1st base in Sacramento but, apparently ESPN thinks that he is an infielder.
Updated

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Hey Skip! I got a pinch hit RBI single, stole 2 bases and scored a run! With this team struggling in the OF, I am glad I could help.”

“Great kid. Here is your bus ticket to Sacramento. I can’t let you play until you show over a prolonged period that you play”

Slater sent to Sacto
Miguel Gomez called up from Richmond

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Hey Skip! I got a pinch hit RBI single, stole 2 bases and scored a run! With this team struggling in the OF, I am glad I could help.”

“Great kid. Here is your bus ticket to Sacramento. I can’t let you play until you show over a prolonged period that you play”

Slater sent to Sacto
Your posts are starting to look like mine.

Also . . . WHAT THE HECK DUDE?!?!?!?!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slater sent to Sacto

Gorkys' homer the other day bought him another couple weeks, I see.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting roster move yesterday.

Turns out that Law hurt his ankle in his last game with SF so the Giants petitioned the league to change his option to a DL stint. He is nw on the DL effective 5/10.

Seeing as this was apparently triggered by the Giants, I guess they aren’t doing it so Law gets extra MLB money vs AAA money???

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Turns out that Law hurt his ankle in his last game with SF so the Giants petitioned the league to change his option to a DL stint. He is nw on the DL effective 5/10.

Seeing as this was apparently triggered by the Giants, I guess they aren’t doing it so Law gets extra MLB money vs AAA money???
I wonder why it took so long? Maybe for the league to process the paperwork?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cannot find anything about this. Law isn't even currently listed on the 40 man roster on the team's website but there are no transactions listed for him outside of the option. Sacramento still lists him as active on their website but he hasn't pitched in AAA since May 6th. Maybe this move isn't official yet?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot find anything about this. Law isn't even currently listed on the 40 man roster on the team's website but there are no transactions listed for him outside of the option. Sacramento still lists him as active on their website but he hasn't pitched in AAA since May 6th. Maybe this move isn't official yet?

Maybe it's still pending or something. Law is definitely in a walking boot and is injured.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I heard one of the beats mention it on KNBR, so I can’t offer any documentation that it happened...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valdez placed on DL, retro to 5/18.
Osich recalled

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, they replace him with another guy who's had a bad case of it this season, and last year too. It may be career ending.
With Watson and Smith (and Blach as a potential lefty bully guy), there is no long-term need for the Os...