• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs Trade

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs send C Wellington Castillo to the Mariners for P Yoervis Medina.

We get a power arm and increase our roster flexibility.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it was costing the team alot more than that insurance they wanted. Lopez is in AAA if someone gets hurt, although Schwarber might force the issue if its long term. Kinda worried that Kharma bug might bite them in the ass for this one, but we cant keep giving Maddon 22 players to use every day with Jackson wasting a spot in the pen, the third catcher and now wood and his questionable role.

It was time to stop demanding too much and make the move, although I would have much rather preferred they never signed Ross and Welly was that backup.

This Medina is supposed to report to Iowa. They expected to DFA Coke to make room for Wada tomorrow, Lake was supposed to be back to get back to 13 pitchers and 12 position players with Schlitter going back down, now I dont know what the corresponding moves will be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welly just offered nothing. He is a poor receiving catcher and his bat has regressed and not just this year as he was bad last year offensively as well. I'm glad they were able to get anything out a replacement level, at best, catcher. Medina might develop into a solid middle reliever or he might end up bouncing between AAA and the majors for a while. The Cubs gave up nothing and got a struggling power arm they can try to fix.

As for Schwarber, he is going to force his way into the starting LF job 3-4 weeks into 2016. He is on the Kris Bryant time line. He's not going to make it as a catcher, but he's going to be a monster bat in LF starting in 2016. Wood would have been in the bullpen to start the year if Wada hadn't gotten hurt. It is where Wood belongs. Wood dominates LHH and gets crushed by RHH so he needs to be in the bullpen where you can control who he faces and take advantage of his splits. His 2013 luck isn't coming back.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welly just offered nothing. He is a poor receiving catcher and his bat has regressed and not just this year as he was bad last year offensively as well. I'm glad they were able to get anything out a replacement level, at best, catcher. Medina might develop into a solid middle reliever or he might end up bouncing between AAA and the majors for a while. The Cubs gave up nothing and got a struggling power arm they can try to fix.

As for Schwarber, he is going to force his way into the starting LF job 3-4 weeks into 2016. He is on the Kris Bryant time line. He's not going to make it as a catcher, but he's going to be a monster bat in LF starting in 2016. Wood would have been in the bullpen to start the year if Wada hadn't gotten hurt. It is where Wood belongs. Wood dominates LHH and gets crushed by RHH so he needs to be in the bullpen where you can control who he faces and take advantage of his splits. His 2013 luck isn't coming back.

I guess you are just one of them that think we can play with 3 left fielders. There is a reason they are trying to work him to stick as a catcher.

Bryant has trouble getting the ball to first base, so he is destined to be in the outfield. Soler wont get moved from Right, that leaves Center and I am not sure if the outfield is gonna be Schwarber, Bryant and Soler.

Wellingtons only problem is pitch framing. He is gonna stop everything and give you a better chance than most of throwing out a base runner. Medina is a AAA player that has been on Seattles ML roster over the past two seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medina is a 26 year old with 161 innings of 2.82 ERA in the majors.

If Bryant can't stick at 3B then one of him, Schwaber or Rizzo will get moved because only two of them can play LF and 1B unless the DH comes to the NL next year.

Welly's got a decent throw to 2nd that he might get to use twice a game. That doesn't come close to making up for the negative that his receiving skills give you 150 times a game.