• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Crush" is back...

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the lineup batting 5th and serving as the DH tonight. To make room for him the O's booted Steve Clevenger from the roster...a move I think we all saw coming a mile away since the O's recently promoted Lavarnway...who will be on his way back to AAA once Wieters is back on the roster.

Davis is coming back after serving his suspension for using Adderall without permission from the league. Though he states he had clearance to use the drug, he actually didn't so MLB slapped him with his suspension for using PEDS. Adderall is a drug used mostly for ADD and more severe cases like ADHD.

This is what he had to say about his return. I am not sure if Roch is the one doing the interview, but whomever did do it didn't exactly throw him any hard heat. If he gets softballs like this one during the game he might well win the triple crown this year.

For me it is a fine line. While I don't want to knock anybody for any health issues and think everybody should be able to get whatever treatment they can for their issues, the fact that all of these football players and baseball players are all of a sudden coming up with ADD and such and "social anxiety," etc. makes it all seem a bit dubious. The question came up about Vyvase instead of Adderall. Vyvase is also a stimulant so I am not really sure it would not be considered a PED as well.

I dunno. It would be interesting to see when Davis actually first started taking Adderall and then see how that coincided with his breakout year. Of course last year he was using it and was dismal. Maybe there was some pressure knowing he was taking it without clearance. Maybe he stopped taking it in and effort to pass the test but it was too late. Or...the drug backfired? As much as it can be a physcial and cognitive enhancer, it can also cause muscles to break down and can also impair your mental capacity. Isn't it funny that two of the things it is supposed to help are also things it messes up? Welcome to pharmacology.