• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crowd deserves better

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does this team consistently disappoint a crowd just chomping at the bit to cheer? Fans have packed the house time and again and have been treated to hollow lifeless effort. Hayward is the first domino. If he heads east then I fear we will just be a perennial farm team for contenders to cherry pick off of.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first year was supposed to be win any game you can.

The second year is was win games that you should.

The third year was supposed to be win games you should and steal a few.

The fourth year was bigger than that.

What year are we on? I think third? (Depends on if you count Corbin as Year One or Year Zero after Jerry.) Man, this is how disconnected I am from the Jazz right now. Corbin was 25, next year was 38, next was 40. This year 45-50. But these past two games hurt the chances for 50.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't I posted my peeve about the term "stealing" games?

If not, I'll post it sometime.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't I posted my peeve about the term "stealing" games?

If not, I'll post it sometime.

No, I meant literally stealing games. Picking them up and taking them away. I guess one could get technical and say they were only stealing half of the game, since both owned half of the game. It's called "conversion." If a person borrows your car legally but then starts using it as their own vehicle and never returning it, it's theft by conversion. The person had permission to have it in their possession - they didn't break in and take your car. But they used it longer than you lent it and used it in a manner that is representative of owning it - like buying insurance for it, painting it a new color, etc.

The Jazz and other teams do the same.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how can the Jazz perform conversion on a basketball game?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how can the Jazz perform conversion on a basketball game?

Very carefully. In Spanish. With turtle neck sweaters. And a triple cleft chin.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you post a picture of a triple cleft chin?

Other than yours. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do people who wear turtle neck sweaters like turtle pralines?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you post a picture of a triple cleft chin?

It would be extra awesome if that same person was wearing a turtle neck sweater.

It wouldn't affect the awesomeness if the person wearing the turtle neck sweater with the triple cleft chin spoke Spanish.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowd deserved better in jazz v clips game 3. The only person that dressed was Hayward. Crowd chanting MPV like a desperate boyfriend that knows his lady friend has eyes on a more chiseled gentleman. Prediction, Hayward signs in LA. A setback, but ultimately the Jazz maxed the right man in Gobert. He has the talent, drive, and fire. With Hill and Hayward gone, who do the Jazz target to compliment Gobert?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowd deserved better in jazz v clips game 3. The only person that dressed was Hayward. Crowd chanting MPV like a desperate boyfriend that knows his lady friend has eyes on a more chiseled gentleman. Prediction, Hayward signs in LA. A setback, but ultimately the Jazz maxed the right man in Gobert. He has the talent, drive, and fire. With Hill and Hayward gone, who do the Jazz target to compliment Gobert?

Your prediction is fair.

He could get shots on the Lakers.

It does depend though on whom Rob Pelinka (new GM of the Lakers) wants.

Keep in mind also that for the past 4 years, big FAs have been turning down the Lakers. No one trusted that front office.

They tried to get Greg Monroe a few years ago, and he signed with Milwaukee instead.

The Lakers have been turned down by every big FA the past 4 years.

Just like the Bulls were getting turned down in the early 2000s.

When players don't trust your front office, it doesn't matter what your history is, they won't sign.

It will take a combination of Pelinka wanting Hayward, and Hayward thinking the stench of the Lakers is gone. Not sure it's gone. I don't trust Magic Johnson in the front office.

Look at how wrong he was on every one of these tweets.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82 , can you please post a pic of the triple cleft chin?

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking today on my drive up into the mountains, maybe Hayward does stay. I was almost thinking that Hayward and Ingles might be a package deal. I think Joe is a restricted free agent? And, I believe they both have the same agent. Any ways, just another variable. Ingles basically played PG in game 4. Not sure how instrumental Hill is to Hayward.

Any ways, I hope the Jazz crowd reaps the reward of patience in game 6.

Obvious by my skeptic posts lately I'm turning into an ornery bastard waiting for a return to relevance.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking today on my drive up into the mountains, maybe Hayward does stay. I was almost thinking that Hayward and Ingles might be a package deal. I think Joe is a restricted free agent? And, I believe they both have the same agent. Any ways, just another variable. Ingles basically played PG in game 4. Not sure how instrumental Hill is to Hayward.

Any ways, I hope the Jazz crowd reaps the reward of patience in game 6.

Obvious by my skeptic posts lately I'm turning into an ornery bastard waiting for a return to relevance.

It's good to have high expectations, and not be satisfied with just making the playoffs, or winning a round.

I agree Ingles was the PG in game 4. It worked.

Interesting about Ingles and Hayward sharing the same agent.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about what I said about the Lakers organization not really be trustworthy by FAs the past several years? As I pointed out, they've been turned down a lot.

Maybe Magic changes that. Maybe not, because I don't really trust him in a front office role yet.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are pretty iffy these days. Hayward owns a home there. I think Kobe could sweet talk him after their private work out last summer. Winning game 4 and 5 could maybe have turned the tide a bit here.