• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree Activated

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't see this posted. Not sure it deserves its own thread, but what the hell? Hopefully he can get back into the swing of things quickly. His ability on slants and screens may be very valuable the way the OL has looked lately....

49ers.com | Goal Posts Blog

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I faintly hear golf claps somewhere off in the distance.

Okay, let's see what he can do. He's not getting much sympathy this year, that's for sure. If there is any miscommunication, I will be pinning it on Crabtree and then blaming AS for throwing it to him.

It's like one big disfunctional family!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very very good thing for us..... too bad Crabtree has no chemistry or timing with any QB.... at least I haven't heard any.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sando has a brief discussion of the Niners' WR position here:

Michael Crabtree and 49ers' WR options - NFC West Blog - ESPN

I tend to agree with him that Ronald Johnson isn't looking great. He was awful on Saturday, is in the same mold as Williams who has outplayed him, and would probably be safe on the PS. Though I could see Carroll taking a look at him. I just don't think we can justify keeping him at this point, though. Too many other close calls, and he hasn't done anything to show he deserves to get the nod over a guy like Dobbs, Tukuafu, Adams, Maragos, Person/Wragge, or over a STs ace like Costanzo (sp?).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm still a believer in Crabs ability to play well, dare i say even OUR #1 WR? no wait, lets just see how he plays this season. :-)

do have concerns with his supposed "diva" atitude and we'll find out shortly just how bad it is? cause for this season he isn't given every chance to become the #1 WR, we'll see how he reacts to his lesser role?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sando has a brief discussion of the Niners' WR position here:

Michael Crabtree and 49ers' WR options - NFC West Blog - ESPN

I tend to agree with him that Ronald Johnson isn't looking great. He was awful on Saturday, is in the same mold as Williams who has outplayed him, and would probably be safe on the PS. Though I could see Carroll taking a look at him. I just don't think we can justify keeping him at this point, though. Too many other close calls, and he hasn't done anything to show he deserves to get the nod over a guy like Dobbs, Tukuafu, Adams, Maragos, Person/Wragge, or over a STs ace like Costanzo (sp?).

I know Johnson is from USC but the Seahawks tend to favor the taller WR. Plus Carroll is already 2 years removed from his USC days that he might not even be that familiar with Johnson

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a very very good thing for us..... too bad Crabtree has no chemistry or timing with any QB.... at least I haven't heard any.

You raise my concern as well as the concern of many others, I'm sure. If he is going to be our go-to guy in the slot, especially on hots, the timing between QB & WR needs to be spot-on!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Johnson is from USC but the Seahawks tend to favor the taller WR. Plus Carroll is already 2 years removed from his USC days that he might not even be that familiar with Johnson

They might just pick him up because for his value of being a 49er. He has first hand knowledge of what Harbaugh's offense wants to do, and he might even remember enough plays to give them that sort of information too. It wouldn't be the first time they picked up 49ers for this purpose, with hopes that they might turn into a better player.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe he can be effective especially in this system, just hope that attiutde changes fast and he realizes what it means to be in the NFL and a member of the 49ers.

What are you guys thinking 5 or 6 WR?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still believe he can be effective especially in this system, just hope that attiutde changes fast and he realizes what it means to be in the NFL and a member of the 49ers.

What are you guys thinking 5 or 6 WR?

If the TE's are going to be called upon as much as speculated then I would say 5.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the TE's are going to be called upon as much as speculated then I would say 5.

Agreed, with the TEs, as talented as they are, onboard, 5 WRs should be enough pending, knock on wood, injuries.

I agree that Crabtree should excel in the new system we're trying to implement but he needs to practice and get his work/timing on with the QBs... His hands are actually quite solid.

:drink:

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the tight ends are going to be called upon more, but does that mean we carry 4 instead of the usual 3? I'm inclined to think not.
I'd say 6 WR & 3 TE's. 1 FB 3 RB.
Dixon appears to be the fringe RB in my eyes. Hanging on, but oh so barely.
Interesting that Westbrook hasn't caught on anywhere. If he's willing to play he brings more to the table than Dixon, but his ego needs at least the backup role I guess.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WR: Edwards, Crabtree - for sure
Morgan & Ginn - most likely
Williams & ______ - Possibly

PS: Hogan and Johnson ? - Pozz - know how many WR's we've historically kept on PS?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed, with the TEs, as talented as they are, onboard, 5 WRs should be enough pending, knock on wood, injuries.

I agree that Crabtree should excel in the new system we're trying to implement but he needs to practice and get his work/timing on with the QBs... His hands are actually quite solid.

:drink:

To add to that, I would not be surprised to see us try to push a WR onto the P.Squad as well.

We also still have Dontavia Bogan, who is on IR. With the expectation of Zeig getting the boot this year, DB will be my new Zeig for 2012!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep 5 then it will probably be Crabs, Edwards, Morgan, Ginn, Williams.

If they go with 6 then either long, Rojo, or ziegler will be it IMO. Im pushing for ziegler but he will have to be lights out thursday. Long will be the dark horse, as Rojo hasnt shown much but he is an original draft pick.

I like the 3TE, 1 FB on the roster. IMO i dont think we need Norris. So that extra spot could be for a WR but most likey another position like DL. Walker/Reuland could be used as backup FB's as well.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they keep 5 then it will probably be Crabs, Edwards, Morgan, Ginn, Williams.

If they go with 6 then either long, Rojo, or ziegler will be it IMO. Im pushing for ziegler but he will have to be lights out thursday. Long will be the dark horse, as Rojo hasnt shown much but he is an original draft pick.

I like the 3TE, 1 FB on the roster. IMO i dont think we need Norris. So that extra spot could be for a WR but most likey another position like DL. Walker/Reuland could be used as backup FB's as well.

Throwin' some love to my man Zeig! I simply cannot allow that good deed to go unrepped!

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree needs to work on the routes, and timing they will be ever so different with the WCO. I wish that Vernon was getting more action as well. Probably taking some precations thats all right.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwin' some love to my man Zeig! I simply cannot allow that good deed to go unrepped!

Haha yea i havent been as vocal as you about it, those damn injuries. But the man catches everything. 1st game back and he already hasmore than Rojo lol. Some reason i always like the depth recievers in TC/preseason i like when Hill was fighting for a spot too.

And i agree about Bogan, wonder what he will bring next yr. Sucks he got injured but hey at least he can come here next yr and try again.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha yea i havent been as vocal as you about it, those damn injuries. But the man catches everything. 1st game back and he already hasmore than Rojo lol. Some reason i always like the depth recievers in TC/preseason i like when Hill was fighting for a spot too.

And i agree about Bogan, wonder what he will bring next yr. Sucks he got injured but hey at least he can come here next yr and try again.

Agree, Agree, Agree!

I think RoJo is hanging by a thread. I'll be pulling for Hill down there in Jacksonville, I felt the same way about Jason Hill, we saw glimpses of it; but, like Zeig, we never saw enough of it. As for Bogan, yeah, I have a lot of excitement on reserve for him.

Hysteria

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm still a believer in Crabs ability to play well, dare i say even OUR #1 WR? no wait, lets just see how he plays this season. :-)

do have concerns with his supposed "diva" atitude and we'll find out shortly just how bad it is? cause for this season he isn't given every chance to become the #1 WR, we'll see how he reacts to his lesser role?

He and Edwards together should at least give defenses something more to think about. If he, Edwards and Davis can stay healthy and the O line figures out how to pass block they could do some damage.