• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course, he was behind the Brady suspension as well, cause of there's one thing we know, It's how badly the Giants don't wanna face the Jets

"Mara wasn’t the first owner to stand up for Goodell since the Deflategate punishment came down, but the Big Blue boss’ comments certainly were the most vocal and detailed defense of the commissioner."

John Mara

One would imagine the intensity of the walkie-talkie investigation was as tepid as the one that led to the one-game suspension of Giants kicker Josh Brown in the offseason. That suspension was quietly handed down without explanation after the league’s investigation poobah Lisa Friel -- lifelong Giants fan with an actual shrine to the team cobbled together in her home -- farmed out the domestic-violence investigation of Brown and the league turned up virtually nothing.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risky move for the Cowboys to go "all in" against the NFL with this.

Circumstantially (based on our limited knowledge) the favor points towards Elliot and the Cowboys. However there's always that inconsistent unknown with the NFL and the way it works.

The difference of "importance" (quoted because yes, all games are important, however some weigh in more than others) of the front end of their schedule vs the back end is certainly significant.

Say Elliot just serves a 6 game suspension (we know this won't happen though) he'll miss:

NYG, DEN, ARI, LAR, GB, SF

LAR and SF are easily winnable no matter what. Obviously DEN is out of conference. The most important game is NYG and ARI/GB are next tier down games.

The back end of the schedule:

LAC, WAS, NYG, OAK, SEA, PHI

Three divisional games and one NFC game.

Seems that if this thing drags out in that stretch of schedule and Elliot misses, 2, 4 or 6 games it will be far more detrimental.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mara wasn’t the first owner to stand up for Goodell since the Deflategate punishment came down, but the Big Blue boss’ comments certainly were the most vocal and detailed defense of the commissioner."

John Mara

One would imagine the intensity of the walkie-talkie investigation was as tepid as the one that led to the one-game suspension of Giants kicker Josh Brown in the offseason. That suspension was quietly handed down without explanation after the league’s investigation poobah Lisa Friel -- lifelong Giants fan with an actual shrine to the team cobbled together in her home -- farmed out the domestic-violence investigation of Brown and the league turned up virtually nothing.

The insecurity of the New England fanbase, is only topped by the insecurity of the New England media

Everything they write is like a bunch of New England fanboys, with no regard for journalistic integrity

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, all things Cowboys.

62-46-2 bruh

the VCR was the new cool thing the last time the football watching world had to worry about the Cowboys winning Super Bowls

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The insecurity of the New England fanbase, is only topped by the insecurity of the New England media

Everything they write is like a bunch of New England fanboys, with no regard for journalistic integrity

Catch you later dirt, I have to go to the DMV.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch you later dirt, I have to go to the DMV.....

Take this with you

Es1b7Az.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Dallas hater but that is f$cked up man. I would be pissed if I was a Dallas fan. The NFL investigative process seems very arbitrary.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Dallas hater but that is f$cked up man. I would be pissed if I was a Dallas fan. The NFL investigative process seems very arbitrary.

You dont hate them enough

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL really botched this one and this mess could be tied up in the courts for years. The best lawyers in the country are going to get on a waiting list when Zeke sues the NFL for potential lost wages and defecation of character. This case makes bradys case look like a zit on a horses ass

:laugh3:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole zeke things stinks the more i read into it.

no charges recommended...yet the giants fan who literally has eli fat heads in her office, suspends him for 6.

and the woman who suggested no charges wasnt allowed in the discussion.

if this turns out to be a fanboy suspension, the NFL should blow up its domestic violence council and get REAL people in there.

FWIW i believe zeke did hit her, and hes had a pattern. i just feel the "judge" in this is grossly biased.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole zeke things stinks the more i read into it.

no charges recommended...yet the giants fan who literally has eli fat heads in her office, suspends him for 6.

and the woman who suggested no charges wasnt allowed in the discussion.

if this turns out to be a fanboy suspension, the NFL should blow up its domestic violence council and get REAL people in there.

FWIW i believe zeke did hit her, and hes had a pattern. i just feel the "judge" in this is grossly biased.

So you think he hit her
Is Guilty
And The "Giants fan" got it right

You could have just said that

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about the text messages Thompson asked one of her friends to lie and say Zeke did it when in reality those bruises were from a chick that she fought with at a bar that night? Just gonna ignore those and go with your ill-conceived opinion?

So i'll ask AGAIN. Please provide any proof Zeke hit this woman.

That's also evidence. You guys need to stop acting like there's got to be a video of Elliott beating her in order for there to be proof. There is such a thing as circumstantial evidence.

As noted, there is both direct evidence (Thompson's testimony about the alleged assaults) and circumstantial evidence (photos of the bruises, knowledge that Elliott had motive and opportunity to harm her, lack of a credible alternative explanation, text messages and phone records that support the victim's story).

None of that is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Elliott did anything -- but it's enough to draw an inference that Elliott likely caused her harm. But, of course, anyone drawing that inference could be wrong. You've also got to weigh the counter-evidence. The bar fight could explain some of the bruises -- but they wouldn't be able to explain how she had new bruises on different days, based on the photographic evidence.

But this isn't about whether Elliott did it or not -- it's about whether the NFL's process was fair. And it seems like it may not have been.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he hit her
Is Guilty
And The "Giants fan" got it right

You could have just said that
no, i think the whole thing stinks from an NFL side of things.

he probably hit her. more than once. one woman says she recommends no charges, and a giants fan immediately slaps him with 6 games, and refuses to let the original investigator testify.

that stinks. there is no "due process".