• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really arguing over whether Eli is good or not? Who cares? He's won two Super Bowls. He could go the rest of his career without throwing a TD pass and racking up 30 picks a year and it's not taking away the fact that the Giants won two Super Bowls with him at quarterback.

Zactly why he gets a free pass forever here

We know what Eli is, how shaky he could be.....But we also know what he has done, and what he could do when the stars align properly

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB chasing one? LOL. Carr hasn't even sniffed his prime and the Pats dynasty is closer to being over than just started.
lol

ok

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides every other statistic imaginable
well relative to the quote I was referring to...

he has 2 rings no one can take from him, not matter how "bad" he was...

like eli.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well relative to the quote I was referring to...

he has 2 rings no one can take from him, not matter how "bad" he was...

like eli.

Your tears still taste like Butterscotch pudding

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zactly why he gets a free pass forever here

We know what Eli is, how shaky he could be.....But we also know what he has done, and what he could do when the stars align properly

When Eli is having a bad game, there's almost no other long-term starting quarterback I'd rather face. But when he's on a hot streak, watch out. Super inconsistent and I'm still shocked he won two Super Bowls -- but what does my opinion matter? I'd trade all those playoff appearances and deep playoff runs that the Eagles had with McNabb for just one of the Super Bowl rings that Eli has.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the misconception at this point Dirt. The judge isn't ruling on evidence. He's ruling on process.

And - if I were a betting man (which I'm not and haven't been since I placed significant bucks on the Rams +11.5 in SB XIV), I would say at this point Zeke misses six games this season starting with Game 2.

But I'm usually wrong on these things...

I could be wrong as well -- but I just briefly reviewed the NFLPA's arguments and I think they've got no case. Their entire argument is basically that Roberts' recommendation was omitted from the final report on Elliott and that Goodell was not made aware of Roberts' recommendation (not sure they can even prove this) and that this somehow would have completely exonerated Elliott. All the other stuff about not being able to face his accuser and not being able to interview Goodell doesn't seem to hold much water (but just my opinion). I'm not sure he is legally entitled to any of those things in these circumstances.

As for Roberts, her job was not to levy punishment and therefore her recommendation on whether there was sufficient evidence to suspend Elliott is mostly irrelevant. Whether she found Thompson credible is relevant, in my opinion, since she is reportedly the only person to have interviewed Thompson (and did so 6 times, from what I've read) but reasonable people can differ over whether a witness is credible or not.

I guess we'll see how the court views it. I'm not familiar with why the NFLPA chose Texas so maybe there are some quirks in their case law that strengthen the NFLPA/Elliott's case. Maybe those allegations about not being able to face his accuser and not being able to interview Goodell ultimately are relevant. The allegations themselves -- that there was an NFL conspiracy against Elliott -- may be sufficient for the judge to grant an injunction, though. If Elliott/NFLPA can prove their claims, the harm done to Elliott if this suspension proceeds should outweigh all the other concerns. We'll see.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong as well -- but I just briefly reviewed the NFLPA's arguments and I think they've got no case. Their entire argument is basically that Roberts' recommendation was omitted from the final report on Elliott and that Goodell was not made aware of Roberts' recommendation (not sure they can even prove this) and that this somehow would have completely exonerated Elliott. All the other stuff about not being able to face his accuser and not being able to interview Goodell doesn't seem to hold much water (but just my opinion). I'm not sure he is legally entitled to any of those things in these circumstances.

As for Roberts, her job was not to levy punishment and therefore her recommendation on whether there was sufficient evidence to suspend Elliott is mostly irrelevant. Whether she found Thompson credible is relevant, in my opinion, since she is reportedly the only person to have interviewed Thompson (and did so 6 times, from what I've read) but reasonable people can differ over whether a witness is credible or not.

I guess we'll see how the court views it. I'm not familiar with why the NFLPA chose Texas so maybe there are some quirks in their case law that strengthen the NFLPA/Elliott's case. Maybe those allegations about not being able to face his accuser and not being able to interview Goodell ultimately are relevant. The allegations themselves -- that there was an NFL conspiracy against Elliott -- may be sufficient for the judge to grant an injunction, though. If Elliott/NFLPA can prove their claims, the harm done to Elliott if this suspension proceeds should outweigh all the other concerns. We'll see.

As I said previously, it comes down to 4 points that Zeke "must be able to prove" in order for the judge to issue the TRO...
  • A likelihood of success on the merits of the case;
  • No disservice to the public interest from the injunction
  • Threatened injury that outweighs any damage the injunction might cause the NFL;
  • A substantial threat to suffering irreparable harm;
Most legal experts are saying that first one is going to be the tough one. Article 46 is going to be difficult to crack as there is precedent from the Brady case. Once again - it's about process at this point. Does the process indicate conspiracy? That seems to be the major contention now. Easy for those of us rooting for the Cowboys to say there is just like it was for Patriots fans with Brady. It's a lot more difficult to prove that to a judge.

Personally - I think he starts missing games beginning Week 2. We shall see.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, it comes down to 4 points that Zeke "must be able to prove" in order for the judge to issue the TRO...
  • A likelihood of success on the merits of the case;
  • No disservice to the public interest from the injunction
  • Threatened injury that outweighs any damage the injunction might cause the NFL;
  • A substantial threat to suffering irreparable harm;
Most legal experts are saying that first one is going to be the tough one. Article 46 is going to be difficult to crack as there is precedent from the Brady case. Once again - it's about process at this point. Does the process indicate conspiracy? That seems to be the major contention now. Easy for those of us rooting for the Cowboys to say there is just like it was for Patriots fans with Brady. It's a lot more difficult to prove that to a judge.

Personally - I think he starts missing games beginning Week 2. We shall see.
I agree. The precedent from the Brady case is almost impossible to overcome.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kind of in denial. Brady is an old man. A couple of good hit's and he will be in a wheel chair.

How many times are you going to post the same drivel, fucking old shtick. Romo was younger and how'd he fair?