• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys still pursuing Brian Waters

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Sheffter. I said yesterday that Dallas should sweeten their offer for Waters. He was their number one choice all along. This would be a fantastic move, and if he played anywhere near his normal level, we'd be in a lot better place than last year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waters isn't much for training camp and it was said tonight on the sports talk station to look for something to get done after the Arizona same IF it's going to happen

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waters isn't much for training camp and it was said tonight on the sports talk station to look for something to get done after the Arizona same IF it's going to happen
At his age, that may not be a bad thing. I know he isn't going to be what he was, but this would be an exciting signing IMO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hasnt he been out of football for 2 years now?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
years ago I went to a coaching clinic where Callahan was speaking. Bill gets credit for being the first to pull a ceter and he talked 30 minutes about the importance of the position. I have a feeling Bill wants no questions about Fredrick playing center in Dallas and not guard. I understand they like Leary and would love to put a vet like Waters next to Free

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
years ago I went to a coaching clinic where Callahan was speaking. Bill gets credit for being the first to pull a ceter and he talked 30 minutes about the importance of the position. I have a feeling Bill wants no questions about Fredrick playing center in Dallas and not guard. I understand they like Leary and would love to put a vet like Waters next to Free
This is a good point. Dallas doesn't have anyone who could show the young guys how its done on the OL. Would be a huge help to Fredrick calling the protections

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else it's another body to throw out there. If he can be 70% of what he was at least it's some depth. Whether or not the guys we have now can get it done is up for debate. What's not really up for debate is our lack depth on the o-line

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else it's another body to throw out there. If he can be 70% of what he was at least it's some depth. Whether or not the guys we have now can get it done is up for debate. What's not really up for debate is our lack depth on the o-line
The lack of depth is the concern for this team across the board. I read a mag that broke down every teams players across the board, and IMO Dallas has as many top end talented players as any team, even the Niners. If you compare our top 15 or so players, we are as talented as they come. But when it came to say number 16 on, we are in the bottom half

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else it's another body to throw out there. If he can be 70% of what he was at least it's some depth. Whether or not the guys we have now can get it done is up for
debate. What's not really up for debate is our lack depth on the o-line

gets a little better if your two back up's this season were starters last season. Depth with experience is valuable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gets a little better if your two back up's this season were starters last season. Depth with experience is valuable.

Exactly, and for cap purposes and lack of depth I do not see why you would cut either, not to mention they both just got restructured why would you cut either before 2014?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am conflicted on Waters if he wants to play then he can help but at some point you have to grow your own and get younger.

We need to find out if Arkin or Kowalski can play or are they just forever backups and time to move on. Livings is done IMHO and Mac B is a backup at best.

I think the opening day starter is on another roster right Now to be honest

We shall C

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am conflicted on Waters if he wants to play then he can help but at some point you have to grow your own and get younger.

We need to find out if Arkin or Kowalski can play or are they just forever backups and time to move on. Livings is done IMHO and Mac B is a backup at best.

I think the opening day starter is on another roster right Now to be honest

We shall C

I agree develop one of your own or pick up a youngster from someone else roster, I am no to keen on picking up a 36 year old who heart doesn't appear to be in it, at this point it is all about the money for him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree develop one of your own or pick up a youngster from someone else roster, I am no to keen on picking up a 36 year old who heart doesn't appear to be in it, at this point it is all about the money for him.

Arkin is on his last leg in Dallas from what I hear, Livings was our best interior and 2nd best OL last year, if it was not for the injury bug hitting him again this offseason he would be starting at LG and Leary at RG, age and cap number does play a role in probably cutting him next season though. I love the youth movement to be honest, but most teams win with the right amount of vets, BMore was an older team and won, Pats are an older team and win, etc keep going on and on, you have to have the right amount of Vets.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good sign when you have to beg guys to come out of retirement. Looks like OG could be a mess again.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good sign when you have to beg guys to come out of retirement. Looks like OG could be a mess again.

happens a lot in pro football.

There was a year Landry begged Tony Liscio for weeks to come outta retirement and all that did was win our first super bowl

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it might work, but it comes across as desperate. Luckily for the, Frederick is off to a good start and he may give them a body they can depend on in the middle, but it sure doesn't appear that Bernadeux is a guy they're expecting much out of this season. It'll be interesting to see if Leary can step up and at least reduce the amount of headaches they appear to be headed for.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"at least reduce the amount of headaches they appear to be headed for"

that didn't show up last game and we're all in on Callahan's opinions.
New season....gotta see it play out before I assume Callahan didn't know what he had

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New season....gotta see it play out before I assume Callahan didn't know what he had

Yeah, we'll see. I thought they looked fine on the ground, running outside of the LT, but we should expect that. I thought Frederick showed us he could pave some road too, but we should expect that as well.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to think (most) coaches know more than we do...... and I tend to give them the chance to prove people wrong.

If Callahan likes this group .... I want to see what he can do with it..... Now if we stay healthy and suck ... I'll put him on the chopping block with everyone else..... But not yet.
The man can't coach injured players.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on radio that Waters will end up a Cowboy in a week or 2 per some folks at UNT his alumni school all of course anonymous sources for what its worth