• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys FA news/rumors

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Cowboys ever picked up a Skid player or even NFCE player, I can't think of one in recent history.....

I can't think of a "star/starter" player. I'm sure we have picked up ST guys or trench/depth guys.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher was always a good pass rusher and played all those years in the wrong scheme. He finally plays in a scheme that utilizes his strengths and now is going back to the 3-4. He will not get 11 sacks and make the pro bowl.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope Hatcher signing doesn't mean we panic and sign Melton to a blank check. 2 years is all I'd do. Offer a 3 year deal but load it so we can cut him after 2 with no risk.

from what i heard you have no worry about that. talks between the Cowboys and Melton have pretty much died.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marinelli made castoffs look decent last season. I am confident that he could take our early round draft picks and make them into difference makers. I think he could turn players like donald,hagemin or tuitt into beasts. I don't think we need Melton, I got Pagan as one of my sleeper picks, let's take him in the 4th round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher deserves to be with the Skins. He probably will get injured like most older players do. Would like to see us sign a guy like incognito. We need some nastiness on the OL. I would love to see Hatcher carted off

I wouldn't wish that on any player and especially not a guy that played his heart out for us like Hatcher did. The last two years here he took on the role of defensive leader both vocally and with his play. He should have made teh Pro Bowl the year before also and that was in a 3-4. I found myself agreeing with him most of the time when he commented on something publicly even if it wasn't a glowing comment of where we were. Unlike players of the recent past, he was calling out players only when they deserved it and wasn't blaming others without also including himself. It's an indictment on our front office and coaches that we saw Spears as the better player for so long when clearly he wasn't in Hatcher's league. Hatcher will do fine in any defense if given the snaps and obviously he will get the snaps. I'm glad we didn't match the contract (pending seeing the details) but I wish he would have left the division...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i heard you have no worry about that. talks between the Cowboys and Melton have pretty much died.

Not surprised. If true, I suspect he expects more than we can give him. Where did you hear/read this?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this. Who knows what it means, but if nothing else it doesn't appear to be a dead issue. Felt he was the guy to look at all along and just depends on the $'s. If you don't think Jerry is starting to sweat and panic and throw some of Ware's savings around, you don't know Jerry. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Melton as I think it would be great for our team. I just hope it is a reasonable contract and not totally backloaded and doesn't put us right back where we were...

Henry Melton to go see Cowboys after Seattle trip | ProFootballTalk

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this. Who knows what it means, but if nothing else it doesn't appear to be a dead issue. Felt he was the guy to look at all along and just depends on the $'s. If you don't think Jerry is starting to sweat and panic and throw some of Ware's savings around, you don't know Jerry. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Melton as I think it would be great for our team. I just hope it is a reasonable contract and not totally backloaded and doesn't put us right back where we were...

Henry Melton to go see Cowboys after Seattle trip | ProFootballTalk

we only have about 6.0M to spend (can't count Austin's 5.5M until after June 1st) and we still have to pay our draft choices which probably comes to about 7M. that leaves us around 4.5M to spend after June 1st. i hope we can work a deal for him but i think we will be out-bid easily and then we are done.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want Melton they could structure the contract. It is how badly they want him

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN Dallas Melton is visiting & interest in Peppers....

#Jerry is ready to STRIKE :whistle:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lack of money isn't an issue here at all.

I know after seeing last year's revolving door play out. I trust Marinelli is behind everything on defense, and after watching this circus act called Dallas the last 5/6 years.....I'm real good with that!!

Marinelli won't let Melton outta town if he wants him in Dallas.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN Dallas Melton is visiting & interest in Peppers....

#Jerry is ready to STRIKE :whistle:

like I said after the Ware situation.
Jerry didn't say nothing about NOT still believing in his Romo window. Jerry simple needed money to play

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were already under the cap, what is the point of replacing Ware with Peppers?

I'd rather take that cap money and address depth like we have been doing and then use the first few rounds to get DLine. 4th round goes to best CB. Then the 5th round get QB depth if Murray or McCarron are there. Go cheaper and likely no worse than aging vets who are going to just run out the clock while cashing checks.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said after the Ware situation.
Jerry didn't say nothing about NOT still believing in his Romo window. Jerry simple needed money to play

Appears most of the fanbase is in denial about Jerry rebuilding. Rebuilding NEVER made since the moment Jerry extended Romo.

#Jerry Reloads NOT Rebuild

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we only have about 6.0M to spend (can't count Austin's 5.5M until after June 1st) and we still have to pay our draft choices which probably comes to about 7M. that leaves us around 4.5M to spend after June 1st. i hope we can work a deal for him but i think we will be out-bid easily and then we are done.

Dallas will need less than than 2M in cap space to sign the rooks. That will easily be covered by the release of Austin. Now with that said I don't want to see Jerry blow the whole Ware savings on one player. We need to find depth too. There's still a chance Spencer gets no major offers and returns.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell with Jerry........

At the moment this is how it looks to me.
We were 8-8 with you .... we were 8-8 when yall were injured or out) the guys we are letting go)
And we managed 8-8 with guys off the street. 2 years in a row.

Deep draft can go along way if done right. Especially when it comes to D-line cause Rod can get the most out of those players... thats just fact. All you have to do is look at the drop off in Chicago when he left and how he made Selvie into a football player. And in a very short time at that

At this point right now .... even with Romo's hit next year we are 25 million under the cap ... The Austin release will almost cover our draft picks alone so we wont affect next years cap much unless we over pay someone. I kinda like the idea of being 30 million under in 2015 personally.

And actually for the Romo haters or those worried about his injury ..... we can cut him outright after this year like we did Ware and gain another 2.7 million
and walk into 2016 about 60 million under the cap and that would be with resigning Smith and Dez

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what kind of offers Melton has got. Pepprers is old, so it is doubtful he gets any huge offer maybe they end up with one of them. Jerrah could probably totally mess the cap up by signing both of them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And actually for the Romo haters or those worried about his injury ..... we can cut him outright after this year like we did Ware and gain another 2.7 million
and walk into 2016 about 60 million under the cap and that would be with resigning Smith and Dez

I'm trying to figure out if the 2015 dead money is correct. I think it goes up by $7.5M since he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2014 year. But ignoring that because I don't really know...before you say we can cut Romo. It may be $2.7M less than his 2015 cap hit currently shows, but it would be $28M in dead money. I don't see any way that when the time comes we will be willing to or able to to do that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3